Understanding Deactivating and Reactivating Strongholds

LdyPirate

I've been trying to get an answer to my question of Deactivating and Reactivating strongholds but I've had no luck in getting a response so I decided to post a new thread in hopes of being able to find it when I go to look for it again.

If one uses credits as opposed to cartel coins I understand that you will incur a reactivation fee of the same amount if your stronghold is deactivated. I just wish to know how the deactivating works.

1. Can a Stronghold be deactivated if you stop actively subscribing(if I wish to take a break from active subscribing paying my monthly fee for example) or only deactivated if you personally deactivate to lets say get another stronghold having four currently but wishing a different type you don't already own ?

the number of strongholds allowed

The number allowed is 4 I understand that you can have active is that per server or per account?

I appreciate all patience in your responses thank you for your time.

Your strongholds can only be deactivated if you do it yourself. Don't worry about unsubscribing.

The current limit is 10 strongholds per server, not per account.

Some players got above 10 strongholds during the server merge, and even in that case, their strongholds were not deactivated, they could still visit and decorate them just fine. However, if they want to purchase a new stronghold, they'll need to deactivate their existing ones until they get below 10.

Edited by Jerba

• 1 month later...
I'm confused. How is it "deactivating" a stronghold if you have to pay the full credit cost to get it again?

Isn't that basically just deleting it and re-buying?

No, because you only have to pay the "basic" cost to reactivate it rather than the full cost to re-unlock all the rooms you had before.

Example: Coruscant or DK. I buy with my 5K credits, unlock all the rooms also with credits. Total cost: about 1.5 million.

Now I deactivate.

Later I reactivate. That costs 5K, not 1.5mil, but I get all the rooms back.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

10 is the current cap.. which is still too low IMO. Honestly, there shouldn't be a cap at all.. Big missed opportunity for revenue by EA :p

Ten is the current cap, which is **more** than enough, since there are only eight strongholds. Those people who have more than eight only have that because of the oddities of the server merges.

And if you recall, back when Yavin came out, they had five (Coru, DK, Nar, Tat, Yav) with a limit of four owned-and-active because they weren't sure about the server performance hit that allowing five owned-and-active would imply.

I don't know if they have done any new analysis of that, but it's pretty much guaranteed that raising the cap even further above the number of strongholds will (because of all those server-merge duplicates) have an impact, and also fairly likely that they aren't 100% sure what it is.

Thank you very much for the answer! I always wondered how that works.

I assume it clears out all your decorations, and doesn't remember how things were decorated?

Ten is the current cap, which is **more** than enough, since there are only eight strongholds.

I have to disagree. I would love to have duplicates of the same stronghold to decorate differently. I listed half a dozen good reasons in another thread. Basically, it would be good for RP and the game economy. Plus, we know it's possible. I'd be happy to pay CC to unlock slots, as long as it's fairly cheap. I would be happy with two of each planet.

Of course, an even better solution for me would be the ability to save decoration layouts and reload them. If I could do that, I would only need one of each planet. I could load up my Halloween layout, my Life Day layout, roleplay layout, PVP layout (for Rishi), utility layout, and so forth.

Edited by Xina_LA

Of course, an even better solution for me would be the ability to save decoration layouts and reload them. If I could do that, I would only need one of each planet. I could load up my Halloween layout, my Life Day layout, roleplay layout, PVP layout (for Rishi), utility layout, and so forth.

I'm not, by habit, a decorator (even though I have done some decoration), but I think this is an awesome idea.