PVP Taunts

chosonman

It would be nice to if they had some kind of notification when another player is taunting so we as the fighting team can focus on the taunting player instead of having our damage nerfed by 25%. If there is a notification it should be more obvious like maybe like a big exclamation point over the taunting player.

So I search Youtube and still couldn't find anything that shows you want a taunt looks like in PVP let alone I've been playing for over a year and still can't tell who's taunting which is pretty sad I know. If I can't tell I"m sure 90% of the other players out there probably can't tell either.

Another ridiculous request to ruin pvp even more.

Timmy is illiterate so lets just give him an A and pass him on to the next grade.

How will it ruin PVP i'd really like to know. If someone AOE taunts everyone should know and focus on that player. If you're a tank and you use taunt is it supposed to be a small wisper or a giant roar that says hey attack me. As it stands right now it seems to me it acts like a debuff for DPS without any negative consequences.

Rly?

the taunter glows blue

the tauntee glows red

There's a lot of glowing colors in this game I don't know what half of them do most of the time even though I have 12 lvl 55 characters and been playing pvp for well over a year. I think taunts need to be more visible and intuitive especially for newer players.

Edited by chosonman

maybe this isnt a problem most pvpers see as something that needs immediate attention from the DEVs. considering the many issues that need addressing. the taunts last only 6 secs. minus 30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction for 6 seconds is as good as it gets, it's almost as powerful as Saberward which is the Sentinel's seconds most powerful defensive skill and which has a 2 minute cooldown and taunts can get thrown up every 30 seconds, aoe every 45 seconds, so you can effectively have taunt with 30% damage reduction every 30 seconds or so..

Edited by chosonman

if you want hit the player glowing in blue..honestly i spam taunt all the time but it's not something i care about in the other side..i just keep my focus on my target unless it's obvious i'm hitting a guarded healer and i'm taunted..and when it happens you can stun or mezz or pop a vanish during those 6 seconds.

as has been told, there's taunts all the time so it's not something you can really pay attention.

and, taunt icon is small if you don't go to your user interface and raise the dimension of debuff icons..

edit: taunt cd is 15 seconds

Edited by JouerTue

Man replies like these reminds me why many people hate PvPers. OP is asking for help and half of the replies are trolling. Anyway.

As previous posters mentioned, the person who taunts glows in blue. Everyone taunted has a red glow (including you if you are taunted). In my experience, it is typically easy to determine who is the person who taunted. It just takes a bit of time for you eyes to get used to it.

Man replies like these reminds me why many people hate PvPers. OP is asking for help and half of the replies are trolling. Anyway.

As previous posters mentioned, the person who taunts glows in blue. Everyone taunted has a red glow (including you if you are taunted). In my experience, it is typically easy to determine who is the person who taunted. It just takes a bit of time for you eyes to get used to it.

Thanks, I'll keep my eye up looking for the colors.

Edited by chosonman

Ok, so this only matters in Ranked 4s and those players don't need the change. No one in regs is hard swapping to a target that just AOE taunted, it's not even a remote possibility regardless of the visual queues. It also makes little sense to swap to a target for 4 seconds simply because they taunted you since we aren't PvE bosses.

I don't think taunts affect your gameplay for their duration enough to warrant a giant indicator being put in place. My lowered damage is still better used on the target everyone is attacking than jumping to another player for the duration of the stun just to put out a higher DPS number at the end of the match.

Ok, so this only matters in Ranked 4s and those players don't need the change. No one in regs is hard swapping to a target that just AOE taunted, it's not even a remote possibility regardless of the visual queues. It also makes little sense to swap to a target for 4 seconds simply because they taunted you since we aren't PvE bosses.

I don't think taunts affect your gameplay for their duration enough to warrant a giant indicator being put in place. My lowered damage is still better used on the target everyone is attacking than jumping to another player for the duration of the stun just to put out a higher DPS number at the end of the match.

Yes but if there's a player on a node that is constantly spamming taunt every 30 seconds and no one is dying, it would help if a few dps turned their focus to the taunting player.