Recruit PvP gear

MrHotter

I'm about to hit 50 with one of my characters. Should I take the free recruit gear, or should I wait for the next patch?

I was not sure if I would get a better version of recruit gear by waiting for patch 1.6. I'd hate to grab the gear now and then be worse off than someone else who hits 50 after the patch.

Recruit MK-2 > War Hero > Elite War Hero

This is the 3 possible tiers of PVP available in 1.6. No reason to wait.

Well if I were sitting at max comms upon hitting 50 I would just wait til 1.6 where you will be able to get near full WH with the comms and trading down ranked (I know I know but thats what I plan on doing).

*edit*

When I say near full I already have the legacy gear ready to send over. If you do not have this than with all the comms you have you should be able to get half your WH gear right off the bat.

Edited by cycao

Recruit MK-2 > War Hero > Elite War Hero

This is the 3 possible tiers of PVP available in 1.6. No reason to wait.

Ahh..sweet. I was thinking that there was going to be a new recruit level for beginners since we were getting a new high end to the gear.

I got caught on the free MK-1 set by having spent all my coms on getting a set that was worse than the free set that was added.

I don't PvP at end game very often because I'm still working on finishing all 8 stories. I should have just parked all my 50s after I finished their story. It seems if you wait long enough you get months worth of gear for free.

Start saving up on those comms!

Make sure you have Max Ranked and Max Regular commendations before hitting 50. Once you do hit 50, pick up the recruit gear for free and wait for 1.6 to drop. In the meantime, roll another toon, do some Flashpoints/Operations or play another game.