[Cybertech] Qt-10 / QT-9 Droid parts

zaskar

First off I'm very disappointed that the all we have are level 52 droid parts for all the 4Xs, Scorpios and T7s. I'm mad that HK got nothing.

When I do get around to sitting down to build my droid frends new gear I learn that the new parts are worthless because they cannot be reverse engineered for greater schematics. Why is this you ask? Because someone in a rush to fill the droid parts out for 2.0 added the requirement for both Cybertech and Armortech to the green completed items. There is zero way to have both crew skills.

Reporting via the ticket system is a joke, get closed with canned responses about working as intended. I know there is to be a bunch of changes in 2.1. That is not soon enough for our droid friends!

Yet another flat out inexcusable screw up for such an expensive game with supposedly extensive in house testing plus a test server. Why didn't this get caught on test? I'm sure it did, probably by plenty of people. Why didn't it get fixed before going to live? Because as BW/EA are in the process of demonstrating yet again, they don't give a flying fig about crafting. Quality control on this game is an absolute joke. Period.

• 2 weeks later...
Definitely needs fixed. Wanted to deck out one of my droids (not hk) and was needing defense and absorption stats. Already had the assassin parts some time ago for hk and really didnt want to fork out the comms for the war droid ones. Well can't understand why they gave us greens that couldn't be RE'd for a schem. stupidity if you ask me as they are worthless at this point. Even blues would have been better or just give us the orange modable schems to buy off the trainer. A fix around this is to just go buy the modable parts off of the specialty and armor venders on the lower level planets that have them. Real cheap to get and put your own purps in them. Can't seem to find the modable for parts though if anyone knows where they might be. I can craft the green midables at level 30 but meh.....

buy planet com orange droid gear for those unmoddable pieces you cant make. (now you actually have something to spend these on) put 66 armoring, mods and enhancements in them. they can be blue and will work and be far better base statwise than any re blue/purple 52 ones that you so badly now need.

buy planet com orange droid gear for those unmoddable pieces you cant make. (now you actually have something to spend these on) put 66 armoring, mods and enhancements in them. they can be blue and will work and be far better base statwise than any re blue/purple 52 ones that you so badly now need.

Yes, because that's a perfectly acceptable fix for a bug, right? /sarcasm

It never ceases to amaze me how all the BioWare apologists come out of the woodwork to defend every single bug. Are you under the impression that the OP and others who've posted here didn't realize that they could use orange gear on their droid companions? That your post is informing people about a feature that perhaps they didn't know about? Obviously everyone could use orange droid gear, but that's hardly the point.

The point is that BioWare QA failed yet again and Cybertechs ended up with craftable droid armour that cannot be RE'd due to dev sloppiness. The secondary point is that they inexplicably included two sets of droid tanking armour rather than one tank and one dps. As things stand, they might as well have just left it out completely.

• Dev Post

Hi Cybertech Crafters,

Thanks for your patience! I know you've been waiting for acknowledgement on this. We are aware that your Droid Parts are not able to be Reverse Engineered, and we are working on fixing the bug. For now, we've added it to the Known Issues, and we'll update again when patch information is available.