Can F2P Preferred players crit on crafting missions?

Pyreflame

I have a Preferred level account with a few 450 slicers on it and i have never seen a single sliced tech part or crafting mission at all.:rak_02: I don't have any companions' affection maxed out yet, but that still leaves at least a 10% chance to crit. I've gotten crafting missions and tech parts on my subbed account toons with no affection either, that's not great, but still better than zero. I've bought an Artifact Authorization (on 2 toons) thinking that might impact it , but after days of running slicing missions i'm still just getting boxes.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on, other than possibly the worst RNG run ever? :p I can't think subbing would make the difference, but that's the only option left i can think of...

Edited by Pyreflame
Adding clarity

• 3 weeks later...
I just moved my wife's account to F2P since she doesn't play any longer and I'm having the same problem with the slicer I leveled on that account. Been slicing for the past four days, and not one crit.

Thermal Regulators is what I translate from this. The only worthwhile slicing mission item. Very rare and I am a subscriber. I can run by best companion the one with a +5/+10 crit and she comes back with the completely worthless regulator again and again.

So long story short the suckers that are paying by the month are not able to acquire anything from the top tier slicing missions either.

As a subscriber, Ive gotten about 60 Thermal regulators from slicing on my Sage so far. They definitely do seem to be rare, and most days I don't get any. Also there is no +10 crit slicing companion. That would be +10 efficiency, which just means he/she completes slicing missions quicker than a companion with the same affection level. Tharan Cedrax has +10 efficiency, I think I've gotten more thermal regulators from Nadia than him.

Here is the list of companions that have slicing critical: Republic Jedi Knight/T7-01 +2 crit, Smuggler/Risha +1 crit. Empire Sith Inquisitor/Adronikus Revel +2 crit, Imperial Agent/Scorpio +2 crit.

And for slicing efficiency: Republic Trooper/Yuun, +10 efficiency, Jedi Consular/Tharan Cedrax, +10 efficiency. Empire Bounty Hunter/Mako +15 efficiency. Also HK-51 comes with +5 efficiency for all mission skills.

Edited by Cyzicus
forgot to mention I am a subscriber