Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Are ALL the new books considered canon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Are ALL the new books considered canon?

Roccobb's Avatar


Roccobb
01.12.2016 , 01:15 PM | #1
Are all the new books considered canon? Just read Before the Awakening, a book I am certain intended for preteens, not grown men in their 30's, but that doesn't matter at all. Basically, its a few short stories about Rey, Finn, and Poe before the movie. Not too much new stuff, as in their character history was added, but a few cool tidbits.

Spoiler
Let's bring on a real PVP tournament! Check it out, comment, add your support or non support. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=868431

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
01.12.2016 , 02:34 PM | #2
Yes, everything after April 2014
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

VanguVegro's Avatar


VanguVegro
01.14.2016 , 05:00 AM | #3
Spoiler
No need for Matthews, Marks or Johns
When your Gospel is according to Lucas

Roccobb's Avatar


Roccobb
01.14.2016 , 11:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by VanguVegro View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
Let's bring on a real PVP tournament! Check it out, comment, add your support or non support. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=868431

VanguVegro's Avatar


VanguVegro
01.15.2016 , 12:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Roccobb View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
No need for Matthews, Marks or Johns
When your Gospel is according to Lucas

mudmobile's Avatar


mudmobile
01.15.2016 , 11:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Roccobb View Post
Are all the new books considered canon? Just read Before the Awakening, a book I am certain intended for preteens, not grown men in their 30's, but that doesn't matter at all. Basically, its a few short stories about Rey, Finn, and Poe before the movie. Not too much new stuff, as in their character history was added, but a few cool tidbits.

Spoiler
As stated, yes all things made after April 2014 are canon. Disney is allowing the Universe to expand but in the controlled way Lucas should have done.

Before the Awakening hit stores on the same day the movie debuted. There wasn't much promotion of it right away, I didn't even hear of it until January. Like you said, its just back stories of the three new main characters. I still need to read it.

Your spoiler really isn't one. This was known about a few weeks before the movie debut, pictures of the scene he is in were put out. Billie Lourd, Carrie Fisher's daughter, was also seen in those pictures.
You can check out any time you like But you can never leave.
Harbinger is the path I walk