Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did Anakin actually fulfill the Prophecy?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Did Anakin actually fulfill the Prophecy?

ConVallian
01.10.2016 , 09:44 PM | #1
Fully anyway..we know destroying the Sith was part of the prophecy but what about the balance? Before you jump on me and say "he killed sidious and sacrificed himself of course he did". We know Lucas changes his vision alot, and i'm sure originally that was what he intended to be the fulfillment of the Prophecy of the Chosen One..but what if he had planned to delve deeper in the lore but never got around to it? The whole Mortis arc in TCW makes me think Anakin didn't complete the prophecy 100%. I'm sure it hasn't been explained fully yet or will at all. It was hinted by the Father that Anakin's destiny was to replace him, but we all know he didn't. So was the Prophecy intended for Anakin to become the new "Father" so to speak to actually keep the balance between Dark and Light? Had he become one of the Ones he would've been a deity tier in power. We know he destroyed the sith but obviously the balance was never restored.

So did he actually fulfill it or did he die without completing it?

tunewalker
01.10.2016 , 10:34 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ConVallian View Post
Fully anyway..we know destroying the Sith was part of the prophecy but what about the balance? Before you jump on me and say "he killed sidious and sacrificed himself of course he did". We know Lucas changes his vision alot, and i'm sure originally that was what he intended to be the fulfillment of the Prophecy of the Chosen One..but what if he had planned to delve deeper in the lore but never got around to it? The whole Mortis arc in TCW makes me think Anakin didn't complete the prophecy 100%. I'm sure it hasn't been explained fully yet or will at all. It was hinted by the Father that Anakin's destiny was to replace him, but we all know he didn't. So was the Prophecy intended for Anakin to become the new "Father" so to speak to actually keep the balance between Dark and Light? Had he become one of the Ones he would've been a deity tier in power. We know he destroyed the sith but obviously the balance was never restored.

So did he actually fulfill it or did he die without completing it?
He was meant to replace the father... and you say he didnt... but if you really think about it he did.

He took the Mantle Darth Vader, which translates to "Dark Father" so he takes the mantel of "Father" as the "Dark Father" next he is supposed to reside and rule over The Son, and The Daughter, as the second in command of an Empire he Rules over every one, including HIS Son, and HIS Daughter. So in a way Anakin DID reside over The Son, and The Daughter as The Dark Father, from a certain point of view. Further if some one is meant to bring balance, that doesnt mean they are supposed to do so while Alive. After all Death in star wars, especially for force users, is not neccisarily the end, so the spirit of Anakin and the Memory of Anakin, just like Anakin's children. Could all still play a role in balancing the force. Time will tell.

Edit: I did always consider that the point of the Mortis ark, to parallel and hint at the Father that Anakin would become with his own Son and Daughter.

PSVEindhoven
01.11.2016 , 12:49 AM | #3
This Prophecy is all interpretation. You could think that, with Order 66 and turning to the Dark Side, he brought the Force to "balance". There were only 2 Jedi and 2 Sith left (by film canon). So, from one interpretation, yes, he fulfilled it.
Click here for my Referral Link -- http://www.swtor.com/r/wGpgvL
What YOU get: HERE

Fyurii
01.11.2016 , 01:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PSVEindhoven View Post
This Prophecy is all interpretation. You could think that, with Order 66 and turning to the Dark Side, he brought the Force to "balance". There were only 2 Jedi and 2 Sith left (by film canon). So, from one interpretation, yes, he fulfilled it.
At the moment there is no interpretation necessary, and certainly not about numbers of Jedi & Sith, since both are not the only Force Users in canon of Light or Dark. If it was purely down to that, then he would have to have been the single biggest mass murderer the Galaxy had ever known.
It's nothing to do with the number of Force Users, but the Force itself. It was out of balance because of the over powering influence of the Dark Side brought about by the Sith and their "unnatural abilities" i.e. manipulating the Force itself through manipulation of midichlorians.

The current explanation is that he fulfilled the prophecy when he killed Palpatine in RoTJ, which had the effect of returning the Force to balance once the influences of the Sith (Palps) had been eliminated.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

PSVEindhoven
01.11.2016 , 03:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
At the moment there is no interpretation necessary, and certainly not about numbers of Jedi & Sith, since both are not the only Force Users in canon of Light or Dark. If it was purely down to that, then he would have to have been the single biggest mass murderer the Galaxy had ever known.
It's nothing to do with the number of Force Users, but the Force itself. It was out of balance because of the over powering influence of the Dark Side brought about by the Sith and their "unnatural abilities" i.e. manipulating the Force itself through manipulation of midichlorians.

The current explanation is that he fulfilled the prophecy when he killed Palpatine in RoTJ, which had the effect of returning the Force to balance once the influences of the Sith (Palps) had been eliminated.
Hmm okay, I have always seen this wrong, then. Lol
Click here for my Referral Link -- http://www.swtor.com/r/wGpgvL
What YOU get: HERE

mudmobile
01.11.2016 , 04:10 AM | #6
No.

Balance is achieved when to opposing forces are on equal ground, essentially being in a stalemate.

When Anakin sided with Palpatine in RotS the power shifted fully to the Dark Side with no opposition. Then when he kills Palpatine he created a vacuum with there being no influential representation of either side.

Though I suppose it is possible to look at there being no Jedi or Sith as bring balance, sense there would be no one using the force, which would allow things to just exist.
You can check out any time you like But you can never leave.
Harbinger is the path I walk

Permaximum
01.11.2016 , 06:03 AM | #7
George Lucas confirmed Anakin fulfilled the prophecy, destroyed the sith and brought balance to the force.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLsQClut5c

The force at it's pure stage is balanced. The dark side users cause the imbalance. It's not the balance of maintaining equal powers on the light and dark side.

I don't think Disney tend to change that but I don't know how they'll find a workaround about the balance part of the prophecy, since it's clear there are still dark side users that corrupt the force in TFA. Oddly, I have a feeling I don't think Disney will care about the balance part especially considering Hidalgo's "he destroyed the sith after all that's something" response to "the balance" question.

Frenesi
01.11.2016 , 06:10 AM | #8
Mind you, entire "balance" thing is interpreted by Jedi. Of course it means full eradication of the sith.
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.

Permaximum
01.11.2016 , 06:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Frenesi View Post
Mind you, entire "balance" thing is interpreted by Jedi. Of course it means full eradication of the sith.
It's interpreted by George Lucas

Frenesi
01.11.2016 , 06:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Permaximum View Post
It's interpreted by George Lucas
Well, he is the creator of jedi order anyway
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.