Past Decorations Rotated Into Vendors

Xo-Lara

I feel that the cartel packs that contain items from past packs have to low a chance to give a desired item and it will only get worse as more items are released. However, that could be offset if past items were periodically rotated into vendors. Even if most items were not released to the vendors, I would be appreciative if the decorations would be. Decorations offerings in packs are more numerous than other items offered, so trying to get the ones you want is a more extensive task than just hoping to get a specific armor set box or mount.

Please help us get the pieces we need for our strongholds instead of having us hope we get/find something close enough.

• 4 weeks later...
I agree. I am trying to make my Yavin stronghold look like a Jedi Temple. I missed all of the past cartel packs that contained a lot of the Jedi Temple decorations and now I have to wait until the packs are rotated through the market again. If anything make all of the cartel packs available to purchase at our leisure. It sucks going into my stronghold and planning where I'm going to put all my Jedi decorations but I can't use any yet.

We just need the bronze, silver and gold decoration packs to return.

Putting the decos on vendors would be a pretty awful idea unless they charged ridiculous prices for them. Otherwise it would completely kill the value these decorations have. (And make everyone that painstakingly gathered theirs feel like a sucker for doing so)

While I can see raising the prices at vendor, the decorations were meant to be used in strongholds not to be withheld so people can use them as a pseudo achievement. They will always periodically release the packs so these things will periodically become available anyway. But, it would be better if they were periodically available more often than the pack especially when the pack was not a particularly good seller itself.

I think this touches on an issue I have myself. What BW doesn't seem to get that when you want to decorate or redecorate a Stronghold there are many items you don't need one or two of but 8 or 20 or whatever.

It happens more regularly to me that I have an idea and just can't do it because the decorations I need for an idea are just not available or not enough of them and then often at ridiculous prices. I mean if you need 20 of something and they cost 800k each but you can only find 5 of them on the GTN as it is, it just get discouraging.

I get that certain things can be more rare like the commemorative statues and such and centerpiece or starship size items, but banners, tables, carpets, lights etc. should be plentiful or at least regularly available allowing you to work towards a goal instead of just hoping that one day they might come back.

It's just no fun having to sit and wait for something instead of just being able to continually work on ideas. So yeh a vendor system of sorts would be great for me, like they did with the rakata stuff.

I think this touches on an issue I have myself. What BW doesn't seem to get that when you want to decorate or redecorate a Stronghold there are many items you don't need one or two of but 8 or 20 or whatever.

It happens more regularly to me that I have an idea and just can't do it because the decorations I need for an idea are just not available or not enough of them and then often at ridiculous prices. I mean if you need 20 of something and they cost 800k each but you can only find 5 of them on the GTN as it is, it just get discouraging.

I get that certain things can be more rare like the commemorative statues and such and centerpiece or starship size items, but banners, tables, carpets, lights etc. should be plentiful or at least regularly available allowing you to work towards a goal instead of just hoping that one day they might come back.

It's just no fun having to sit and wait for something instead of just being able to continually work on ideas. So yeh a vendor system of sorts would be great for me, like they did with the rakata stuff.

That's very true. It really sucks to have some essential stuff be ridiculously rare. :mad:

I support this idea. Even if it made the decorations I did buy simple to resell worthless because I do so to make money to buy the next round of decorations but still often can't get as many as I want. Another idea would be to put them in a sets or groups "example medical room" or a box of banners that we could buy. Like you I often have a great idea but can't do it due to rarity and cost. Simple thing like bed, chairs, etc shouldn't be so expensive hard to get. I don't see it changing anytime soon.

what they could do is add CM cirtificates back in packs and this time have a deco vendor sell all deco items for the certificates that way people still have to get them in a similer way to how others did.

That would actually be a pretty good way of doing it IMO. :)

what they could do is add CM cirtificates back in packs and this time have a deco vendor sell all deco items for the certificates that way people still have to get them in a similer way to how others did.

While I'd rather them be available for credits, that's not a bad idea if they insist on keeping them connected to cartel packs.

I very much agree with the previous posters.

As a new player, I quickly fell in love with strongholds. I started visiting public strongholds to get awesome decorating ideas. Unfortunately, most of the items I see are no longer available. The only way to get them is to spend millions of credits buying older Cartel packs that probably won't contain the item I'm looking for. This makes me feel a bit unwelcome as a new player -- basically, if I haven't been around since the beginning, I'll never be able to decorate along any of the old themes, and new themes are very slow to appear.

I would love to see the Gold/Silver/Bronze decoration packs, decorations at vendors, or even decorations in the Cartel Market. I prefer the later two ideas, since I am reluctant to spend real money on what is essentially a digital lottery ticket. I will gladly buy Cartel Coins if I know exactly what I'll be spending them on.

• 1 month later...

You know, I really like this idea. Maybe CM certificates for the vendor could also be a.) bought for CCs, or b.) earned via completing content.

I couldn't agree more! This is why I keep burning out of SWTOR. Getting the decorations and stuff is utter ********. I've been around since before the release of GSF and I dedicated so much effort to this game and I STILL can't properly decorate my Strongholds because EA is forcing this shameless money-grabbing ******** down our throats. Don't get me wrong, SWTOR is a good game, but EA has forced soooooo much corruption into these aspects of the game and it pisses me off. EA if you don't care about decency, then at least do it for the money because PEOPLE WOULD INVEST MORE MONEY IN SWTOR IF YOU DIDN'T DO THIS GREEDY ********! And stop letting Bioware take the heat for all this **** you force upon SWTOR! Sorry about being rude but the people have spoken time and time again about this. We don't care about our old Cartel Items losing value, we want Strongholds to be possible to decorate for people who don't invest like $5000 a month in your game. Now good day! >.>

I'd prefer if they did away with the gambling packs and list everything for a CC price.

Its gambling. Its illegal. A couple states attorney generals are crushing fanduel and draftkings. What do you think they'd do to EA for having in game gambling?

The way to avoid the gambling charge? Place everything in the pack on the cartel for a price. Problem solved. You can use the random roll a pack provides to maybe get a discount, but at the end of the day its up to you.

Right now its trash. That would solve this problem. There is no valid reason EA has for this except it promotes its gambling game.

I'll note the RNG is worse than a slot machine. The amount you pay for a pack and the payback rate is really bad. EA is treading into dangerous territory. They have big pockets. Regulators love that. Enough complaints and whammo. You get New York shutting down the cartel market. I personally don't buy the packs with cash, but if I did I'd file a complaint with the AIG in my state. You are getting ripped off.

• 2 years later...
I'd like to bump this idea, especially in light of the need to sap money out of the economy. I think bringing back pack items, from packs not currently for sale, on Embargo vendors that accept credits would help. You might pull a lot of credits if you sell cartel certificates as well. They don't have to be permanent fixtures but I think it would help for a time.