Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Capping Stats & Moving enhancements Around

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Capping Stats & Moving enhancements Around

Myriandore
06.06.2019 , 01:38 AM | #1
As a dedicated sentinel (returning player) I want ofc to itemise my gear to hit the ~735 required accuracy.

Problem is, I can't move enhancements around like I did before. Now ilvl 252 will only move from like to like pieces (chest to chest, hands to hands, etc)

Have BW made it so that the gear as it is proposed now already hits optimum caps without having to move mods / enhancements, etc around?

Asaxor
06.06.2019 , 03:21 AM | #2
All DPS sets have accuracy enhancements in the gloves and feet. These 2 enhancements + the accuracy stim will put you exactly where you need to be. If you are on a class that doesn't want to have acc in PvP like sorc or op you will need to replace those 2 armor pieces, eg by having a second item where you replaced the acc enhancement with a crit one from the healer set.

Equeliber
06.06.2019 , 03:40 AM | #3
This situation the OP is now in (he already bought/crafted 5 240 augments for 735 accuracy setup but now he finds out there was an easier - but, technically, not fully min-maxed - setup with 746 accuracy) is why I don't like that Smarty and quite a few others only cover the 735 accuracy setup.

746 comes naturally, doesn't require any extra pieces of gear and in 99.99% cases will perform literally the same way.

And in certain unlucky situations 746 is actually better. You have 0.01% chance to miss with 735 accuracy. It's very tiny but at some point it will happen. It can happen even on something big like Ambush. Why risk it for 11 points of extra critical rating?

Myriandore
06.06.2019 , 06:59 AM | #4
Awesome. I'll go see how that works.

Myriandore
06.06.2019 , 08:37 AM | #5
Ok I finally got it; what you didn't specify is you get 746 accuracy with 258 gear. which won't happen for a while since I just came back.
So back to the old 109.99 set up.

Thanks for the comments guys, very much appreciated.

Asaxor
06.07.2019 , 01:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Myriandore View Post
So back to the old 109.99 set up.
Using your acc augs until you upgraded feet and gloves to 258 is not a bad idea if you can't live with 109.7% acc or whatever item lvl 252 gets you. Farming healer items to get crit enhancements is definitely not worth the trouble, especially farming the 258 ones, I made that error at first (regretting it). Since everything is slot bound now, make sure to keep 252er mods/enhancements when you upgrade to 258 in case you ever want to build a skank tank set.