Adding a tactical medpac in Kuat Drive Yards

So last night I was doing a low level run of KDY with a group of all DPS and was losing health as being a low level I only had one of the low level medpacs. Which really does nothing at all to heal you since we are bolstered to have higher health. So my Idea is the following.

1. Create a tactical medpac that you can buy inside the instance from the droid.

a. Which would have the same healing as the optimized medpac.

2. Making it only usable in the KDY flashpoint.

b. This would work like the pvp medpac which only works in pvp match's.

3. Make it bound.

Sure, let's make KDY even more ridiculously easy. The Kuat Academy of Window-Licking can't possibly produce any worse level 55s than it already has! Sure is ironic that "tactical flashpoints" are the only ones that don't require any tactics.

/signed in despair

I leveled my Powertech doing KDYs. Needless to say, I did a LOT of them.

Only once did I ever run into a group that really needed more healing than what the med stations offer and that was because the...hm... "tank" assassin that we had with us was only using saber strike... again...and again...

Let's try not to make every piece of content ridiculously easy, shall we?

I leveled my Powertech doing KDYs. Needless to say, I did a LOT of them.

Only once did I ever run into a group that really needed more healing than what the med stations offer and that was because the...hm... "tank" assassin that we had with us was only using saber strike... again...and again...

Let's try not to make every piece of content ridiculously easy, shall we?

Don't use them then. Then you can brag about how you didn't use medpacks while leveling in KDY, people will be impressed.

This is a nice idea.

Edited by wainot-keel

Sure, let's make KDY even more ridiculously easy. The Kuat Academy of Window-Licking can't possibly produce any worse level 55s than it already has! Sure is ironic that "tactical flashpoints" are the only ones that don't require any tactics.

/signed in despair

Proper use of medpacks, and their timing, is a skill that should be learned. Why is it invalid to implement this idea, but its ok to use warzone medpacks in a 4 v 4 arena where you are all dps toons on your side?

The problem is for example when you are using a standard-issue medpac that heals you for 900 at level 16 and your health is bolstered to 25k it defeats the purpose of using it cause it doesn't really heal you. Plus the kolto stations are only on the boss fight at the very end not thru out the flashpoint.

Proper use of medpacks, and their timing, is a skill that should be learned. Why is it invalid to implement this idea, but its ok to use warzone medpacks in a 4 v 4 arena where you are all dps toons on your side?

1) KDY teaches NOTHING about playing the game. The idea of it teaching good medpack use is absurd. Nobody should need a medpack in KDY (but the medstations are only on the bosses! really? you need a medpack for the freakin' TRASH??!?!)

2) 4 v 4 arenas can actually be challenging (and usually are). KDY is challenging if you blindfold yourself and tie one hand behind your back.

I still think the OP has a good idea, although I also agree with Venomlash and am thoroughly dismayed that anyone needs to make KDY any easier. More moronic 55s who have no idea how to play the game, please!

1) KDY teaches NOTHING about playing the game. The idea of it teaching good medpack use is absurd. Nobody should need a medpack in KDY (but the medstations are only on the bosses! really? you need a medpack for the freakin' TRASH??!?!)

2) 4 v 4 arenas can actually be challenging (and usually are). KDY is challenging if you blindfold yourself and tie one hand behind your back.

I still think the OP has a good idea, although I also agree with Venomlash and am thoroughly dismayed that anyone needs to make KDY any easier. More moronic 55s who have no idea how to play the game, please!

well said

I think it's a good idea. I played KDY only three times(too boring), but I think it's helpful, especially if players are inexperienced/there's a party of 4 dps/somebody or everybody is pulling all the time before I have time to self-heal. Just for self-preservation. (Though probably dropping group would be a wiser choice).

it is quite possible in various spots in KDY to find yourself in enough trouble to need a medpack, through no fault of your own. Or little enough fault of your own that it's not reasonable for other players to demand that you be denied a healing resource out of punishment, anyways.

it is quite possible in various spots in KDY to find yourself in enough trouble to need a medpack, through no fault of your own. Or little enough fault of your own that it's not reasonable for other players to demand that you be denied a healing resource out of punishment, anyways.

Yup, I don't quite get the opposition to this with the "content-too-easy" line of thinking. Go get challenges outside of KDY. Seriously.

When there's no healer, those champs can kill a dps. Or maybe you were low from a pull and before you can heal up combat already started again, so you either do nothing making things slower, or you do and risk getting killed, which makes things slower too.

Or maybe you were low from a pull and before you can heal up combat already started again, so you either do nothing making things slower, or you do and risk getting killed, which makes things slower too.

There's an easy way to avoid this. It's called not pulling when people are at 40% health, and it's a skill that people should learn very early on. Like, they should learn that in Esseles/Black Talon, FFS. You have out-of-combat regen abilities; use them! Other people have them too; let them use them before you go leaping in! It's not too much to ask that people understand this if they want to complete any group content!

The difficulty level is not the problem. Chain-pulling idiots who have no concept of being a "team player" are the problem.

There's an easy way to avoid this. It's called not pulling when people are at 40% health, and it's a skill that people should learn very early on. Like, they should learn that in Esseles/Black Talon, FFS. You have out-of-combat regen abilities; use them! Other people have them too; let them use them before you go leaping in! It's not too much to ask that people understand this if they want to complete any group content!

The difficulty level is not the problem. Chain-pulling idiots who have no concept of being a "team player" are the problem.

I don't control what the other 3 may or may not do.

/signed in despair

That should have been obvious from the beginning. Almost all names/titles are euphemisms. People's Republic of China. Democratic People's Republic of Korea. Etc.

/signed in despair

It is not an issue of ease you bonehead. At level say 15 you only have access to a small healing medpac...which only heals about 1k of damage. When you are bolstered you get bolstered to 25k plus. It makes sense that you have a medpac that heals you for about 4-5k to compensate.

I think this is a great idea OP. Try and push it to the development team.

Can't let that Focus/Rage to drop... Right?... Guys... :confused:

This is good idea, tough its nothing important, since KDY is quite easy. Still sometimes I have not time regenerate my health between fights and for those situations I would like medpack. How about making warzone medpacks and adrenalines usable inside KDY? (like someone suggested above)