IO is parsing unusually low

Hoppinswtor

I've verified this with at least 4 other IO mercs. On dummies, IO is parsing on average about 300-400 less DPS than it did in December (after they had already nerfed the set bonuses). I was averaging about 10k on a dummy in late December, and now, with the same gear and rotation and everything, my average is down to 9600. The other mercs noticed a similar drop-off. Has anyone else noticed? Is there some sort of ninja nerf at play here? Edited by Hoppinswtor

I am always bad at dummy parsing with my AS Commando. Normally around 9.3-9.5k. But the last two resulted in something between 9-9.2k. I'll try some more and let you now. Edited by CMoray

Had 9.999 yesterday. So it feels like the same for me.

I only see huge differences in the first Izax Phase. It differs between 9-10k. Always the same use of abilities.

Edited by CMoray

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, i'm parsing 9.8k-10k on avg atm, didn't parse IO back then, so can't really comment on december parses, probably just a very unlikely coincidence. Even tho i don't really like what the devs are doing with classes and the game overall and which direction their taking, i doubt they'd nerf a class without letting the community know. Edited by neweses

I didn't do any parsing in December so I can't compare it to then, but I haven't had issues recently with it seeming lower than normal. It's still possible to average 10k on a 2.5m dummy, depending on the rotation.

For Izax 1st phase, the main reason dps is lower is because you lose a GCD not being able to precast serrated shot. Since phase 1 is so short, that's going to come out to a loss of a couple hundred dps.

Edited by Machricar

I figured out the problem: I was using the old marisi-fascinate rotation. I forgot I had switched rotations to allow for extra thermal detonators, which is more optimal in the wake of the new 5.0 passive. Back to averaging 10k again. Edited by Hoppinswtor

• 7 months later...

I have heard about a newer IO parse ( after the 4.* guides) I have looked but all I found was a different parse posted by salaciousc with another name Scaeva in it, other than that I have not seen anything. I have not used IO since 3.* days and am interested in seeing this new rotation, maybe I may dust off an old merc alt and try it. If anyone has a link I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks much

--- btw again I guess I am still using the older roation here is an

example of the ramping ( both dots - PS - PS - MS - UL - TD - PS - MS)

example of cooldown ( both dots - RS - PS - MS - UL - RS(TD if energy under 10) - PS - MS)

of course thats just the base of the rotation but if this newer rotation is different I would love to see it.

I figured out the problem: I was using the old marisi-fascinate rotation. I forgot I had switched rotations to allow for extra thermal detonators, which is more optimal in the wake of the new 5.0 passive. Back to averaging 10k again.
Edited by Leadplayer

actual rotatio is way harder right now. it contains 6 sequences each 9 skills long and switching 2 filler slots according to ressource management and CDs available.

basicly you wanna play like this:

DOT-DOT-filler-UL-filler-TD-MS-PS-MS

on a dummy with 100% uptime the full rotation should look like this:

DOT-DOT-MS-UL-Electro Net (supercharged gas)-TD-MS-PS-MS

DOT-DOT-FM-(Termal Sensoroverride) UL-RS-TD-MS-PS-MS

DOT-DOT-FM-UL-PS-TD-MS-PS-MS

DOT-DOT-(Vent Heat) FM-UL-PS-TD-MS-PS-MS

DOT-DOT-RS-UL-RS-TD-MS-PS-MS

DOT-DOT-FM-UL-RS-TD-MS-PS-MS

in execute phase replace fusion missile or PS(only when at filler slot) with

missile blast.

you can parse decent with using RS everytime as filler. i personally prefer 2 RS as filler when i mess up which sequence im in, till i can start with sequence 1 again. the rotation above just maximises your output using all CDs you got.

actual rotatio is way harder right now. it contains 6 sequences each 9 skills long and switching 2 filler slots according to ressource management and CDs available.

basicly you wanna play like this:

DOT-DOT-filler-UL-filler-TD-MS-PS-MS

on a dummy with 100% uptime the full rotation should look like this:

DOT-DOT-MS-UL-Electro Net (supercharged gas)-TD-MS-PS-MS

DOT-DOT-FM-(Termal Sensoroverride) UL-RS-TD-MS-PS-MS

DOT-DOT-FM-UL-PS-TD-MS-PS-MS

DOT-DOT-(Vent Heat) FM-UL-PS-TD-MS-PS-MS

DOT-DOT-RS-UL-RS-TD-MS-PS-MS

DOT-DOT-FM-UL-RS-TD-MS-PS-MS

in execute phase replace fusion missile or PS(only when at filler slot) with

missile blast.

you can parse decent with using RS everytime as filler. i personally prefer 2 RS as filler when i mess up which sequence im in, till i can start with sequence 1 again. the rotation above just maximises your output using all CDs you got.

In nun opinion when you’re in execute phase use fusion middle as much as the rotation allows since sub 30 you get a damage buff to all your dot damage making it better than missle blast.

Execute phase will look something like this;

Dot Dot FM Unload MB MS PS MS

False, assuming you’ve done you’re rotation correctly you will be able to do it in 3 or 4 blocks (from when u use TSO to one block after vent heat)

false, you cant use 2 15 heat consuming skills as fillers unless right befor and right after vent heat which is exactly block 3 and 4 (and block 1, but one filler slot is blocked for electro net anyway, and you better not skip that).

i mean, you can, but you better hope the fight is over before you start your next cycle.

thats the whole point of switching between PS and RS, otherwise you could use PS all the time.

Edited by mrphstar

• 4 weeks later...
You should be able to use Missile Blast and Fusion Missile for at least 3/6 rotation blocks in execute. It's also possible to throw in an extra Missile Blast or 2 when not heat ramping since it only costs 10 heat. Fusion Missile does a bit more damage than Missile Blast but Missile Blast is more heat efficient due to costing 10 heat so I prefer to prioritize Missile Blast. Pre-execute Fusion Missile is about break-even compared to Power Shot (with all debuffs), but it can be useful to manipulate Supercharge stacks.