What's a good way to earn credits quickly and easily?

JediMasterKevinl

At level 39, there isn't much you can do to earn quick credits. Crafting could do it, but there isn't as much of a market for low tier items as there is for high tier (at least on The Harbinger).

The best thing to do right now is to enjoy yourself until you hit 50, when you unlock the Belsavis, Ilum, and Black Hole series, which will get you daily comms, and about 10K credits per quest. Also note that these quests reset every morning at 7:00 CST.

Just don't rush to 50. It's not worth it, believe me.

At level 39, there isn't much you can do to earn quick credits. Crafting could do it, but there isn't as much of a market for low tier items as there is for high tier (at least on The Harbinger).

The best thing to do right now is to enjoy yourself until you hit 50, when you unlock the Belsavis, Ilum, and Black Hole series, which will get you daily comms, and about 10K credits per quest. Also note that these quests reset every morning at 7:00 CST.

Just don't rush to 50. It's not worth it, believe me.

So I heard, I heard there's nothing to do at 50. Which is why there's tons of people are unsubbing, I'm on The Shadowlands btw.

So I heard, I heard there's nothing to do at 50. Which is why there's tons of people are unsubbing, I'm on The Shadowlands btw.

After you hit 50, I strongly recommend just doing the dailies every now and then to earn credits, then create another character and go through another story.

The operations are fun, but frustrating if you don't have an organised group. PVP at 50 is just an unbalanced gear grind (at least to me anyway).

Buy pvp medpacks and sell them to level 50s via /1. Quick 99,000 right there. Underworld Trading metals sell like hot cakes too. I'm level 32 and on my second week with the game and have made roughly 800k. Fabric sells dirt cheap in comparison. Artifacts and power crystals from archaeology sell well too. Don't worry about underbidding the next person, just get it close. It seems the demand is so great that people will buy yours eventually. By and far the easiest money are the medpacks, especially if you enjoy pvp.

General tips are

-pick up every item you find and sell it

-play a round of PvP every now and then, even though you don't receive that many creds you will have no repair costs

-a cred saved is a cred earned. Don't wast your creds on fripperies and crafting skills you don't need

-learn to 'read' the market on the GTN. There is always some item 'sold out' there which will fetch a good price if you provide it to the market

-provide stuff for levels 30-35. There often are players who only level through PvP who like to buy upgrades around level 30 because they get a PvP-set at level 20 but not again until level 40. Mid-level augments usually find a buyer i.e. or a good barrel or hilt.

All this being said, the best way to earn creds it to level to 50 as fast as possible because once you're there the creds really start rolling simply by doing dailies you have to do anyhow.

If you know the market you can make good money selling gear. Find a niche that is kind of lacking and fill it with gear. You won't get 1mil credits a sale like post 50 gear but you can turn over gear much quicker and the materials are cheaper. You'll make far more than than you need to keep a lv. 39 character in the best gear.

There is a lot to do after you reach 50. There are missions on Ilum and Belsavus and flashpoints. You also get to do Operations. Most of the people who complain about the content are the same ones who spacebar through the cutscenes and have probably missed some really good cinematics.

To answer your question on earning credits pre-50 (which uses dailies and such)...

Try...

- Space Missions

- Go back to a planet you cleared and look for security chests, elites and champions. You might be surprised at how much easier they are since you have gained a few levels. Loot EVERYTHING, you can sell the gear to vendors.

- Flashpoints

- Heroics (you might be able to solo some that are lower level).

- if you haven't picked a gathering skill, go learn slicing. If you have then make sure you have your map showing resources and gather all that you see and sell it on the GTN.

...but there isn't as much of a market for low tier items as there is for high tier (at least on The Harbinger).

There's a huge market for mid-level gear, however, it doesn't make as much (per item) as the high-end gear, obviously. Not sure your crafting ability, but both newbs or people leveling alts always seem to need implants, earpieces, and stuff like that, and you can sell almost as much as you can make. You won't make a million in a day, but you can sell within a day almost all that you make, for a nice profit. Most of the high-end guys won't touch the low/mid-level stuff, so the market is pretty open.

If crafting isn't for you, try space missions. As long as your ship stays up-to-date with gear, you can earn some nice credits with only a 5min time sync for each one.

i play a lot of tanks... foolishly. even level as tank. i normally pick up a crafting profession. synthweave/armortech etc. and focus on gear for tanking as I level.

i'll normally ding a purple/artifact item here and there in my gear/crew skill grind. and if i have spare mats. plop one on the GTN. it'll sell easy enough for decent credits. 10k-30k for mid range lvls.

as mentioned, underworld metals sell well. not always for large amounts, but so many different crew skills/items need them. they tend to turn over well. purple qual mats. especially.

as you lvl. don't neglect banging out space missions every now and again for a few extra 1000 credits. the dailys also provide a nice gap cover for exp as well. ...ship rested exp etc.

Learn a trade and work at it. If possible, go out into the planets and search for materials instead of buying them or using crew skills to search for them. Unfortunately, you will need to use crewskills or GTN to buy the rare items from crafts such as underworld trading.

Reverse engeneer your crafts. 1) you may crit with one and learn the "next" one up from that (ei, green to blue). 2) You get a small amount of your mats back.

When you get "orange" schematics, sell the ones you crit an augment slot on. Even a level 20 light sabre with augment slot can push to 50k credits on the GTN, and if you farm the mats yourself, you're looking at an easy 45k profit margin!

As people said, sell EVERYTHING you pick up. If you get a stack of 20 items at 100 credits each, that's 2k right there.

Edited by chimex

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is the crew skill slicing. While you are questing, you can send your idle companions out on slicing missions to bring back lock boxes. 9 times out of 10 the lock box will contain more credits than the mission cost.

Once you have leveled up the skill, companions will occasionally return with a blue box and/or mission discoveries. Mission discoveries sell pretty good on the GTN (except for investigation which is just purple modded vendor trash).

Be sure to have the maximum number of companions out getting lock boxes.

I don't craft. I am a customer of the craters. All of my tunes have 3 gathering skills, except for one who has diplomacy for companion gifts and LS/DS points.

So between the mats, mission discoveries and lock boxes, I make a pretty good income that keeps me in pretty good gear.

No, they're unsubbing because of hyper-inflated expectations. They expected this game to be as big and thoroughly developed as WoW, plus totally bug free.

They are the same people who left wow for the same reasons, so I don't put much credibility to people who try something for a few weeks and quit.

There's plenty to do at end-game. Dailies, flash-points, ops. There always seem to be datacrons I missed leveling.

We get up to 12 toons to level up. I'm sure it will be 16 eventually.

Not to mention crafting. And some people enjoy playing the GTN.

I can't imagine how anyone would be bored at 50 unless they are just boring people.

I know this is somewhat off the original topic, but I think that has been addressed as well as can be while leveling.

Your very best money maker prior to 50 is questing, which pushes you along.

At 50, you can break out just the Black Hole dailies in 20 minutes or so, (minus heroic) before going to work, and rack up a nice pile of credits.

I'm level 39, and I want to earn credits easily but it's pretty hard for me. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I have a friend of mine who just started playing about a month or two ago; her highest level character is 41 and she's sitting on like four million credits from playing the GTN.

That said, I wouldn't call this 'easy'. There's a certain amount of work involved with being serious on the GTN, and I probably spend about an hour a day (at least) just keeping tabs on the sales, but I personally would rather do this work than the work of doing dailies.

That out of the way, reiterating and expanding on what other people have said:

- Find a niche and then learn it. The GTN is supply-and-demand in its purest form, and it's surprising (to me) what prices the market will bear. You'll want to do some research, and it may take some trial and error to find one that works for you and on your server. (I started in one thing and have carved my place out in another.)

- Underworld Metals are a good bet (you can only get it from crew skill missions and three of the six crafts use it for Prototype and Artifact-level equipment).

- Don't try to undercut other people in the market--you may get the sale before them, but you may also be hurting yourself because you could've gotten more out of it. Try to price around the same level and see if it goes.

- Don't be afraid to re-list for the same price--the largest sell window is only two days, and it may simply be that the person willing to buy your stuff doesn't see it until Day #3.

- If you're crafting, use what you gather or buy off the GTN. Keep an eye out for people listing mats at suggested prices or below the going market rate, because it will mean you can make your finished product for less.

- Don't price your crafted items for less than what you paid for mats for them.

- If you're selling mats, try to split your stacks (SHIFT+right click, I think) down to reasonable sizes (units of 1, 5 or 10) but charge a higher per unit price. Those stacks of 99 are great for the crafters working in bulk who have a hundred thousand (or more) credits laying around, but more people would be able to buy the smaller stacks.

- As someone else noted, I've had decent luck selling dropped Prototype and Artifact-level gear I can't use for myself or my Companions.

Those aren't all the tricks I've learned at my friend's knee, but they were a good starting point. I used to have trouble staying in credits (still do to some extent), but I've managed to bank about a million credits just from playing the GTN in the last month or so and blow a bunch more on Legacy perks and buying up schematics.

Best of luck to you. :)

--

(Also, people have been mentioning the Level 50 dailies, but I believe there are also dailies available at every level after 10. You could try those out as well, if you'd prefer doing Flashpoint/group stuff.)

Edited by AlixMV

It depends on how much money you are trying to make. One easy way for a lvl 40-45 to earn money is to farm the champions on Hoth. If you're lucky you'll get a drop that can sell for millions on GTN and a good deal of the other orange drops will result in anything from 14K-500K. You also get a good deal of credits by killing mobs while waiting for the champions to respawn. I made 3 million this way one morning but 1,5M was from that one drop (I've heard that 1,5M is cheap compared to other servers).

As a 50 I'm frequently farming there, not because I'm after the Inq robe that everyone els is looking for but because it's more fun to farm while waiting for a GF pop than to just stand around on the fleet.

Edited by MidichIorian