An example of how unpolished endgame is

TL;DR at the bottom.

http://i.imgur.com/iwrD9.jpg

I couldn't even loot the legs assigned to me today. It just said "Access Denied." What is the point of raiding if I can't reliably obtain loot?

Here is a video by Faction that shows some bugs every raiding guild has run into by now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwHIWClqr_o.

And here is another minor example: http://i.imgur.com/LjkXc.jpg

Look at the mobs' names. Boss Beast 1. It's funny, and to some it may seem silly. But it does have one big, although subtle meaning: It shows that this part of the game — hard mode Karagga's Palace — was likely not tested once. Bioware didn't even test the raid once to notice that the mobs have to be renamed to "Ugly Dog" before going live.

Then there's the fact that the boss itself seems unpolished. It has what is supposedly a cone AOE, only it randomly hits people behind him.

It also has a problem with how it spawns. It spawns in the middle of the room, which is where players load into when they click on the door to his room. That, combined with his cone AOE, can lead to some random deaths just because Bioware did not notice or could not take the time to reposition the boss's spawn. This can be fixed by resetting the entire instance, but then players have to clear the raid's trash packs again.

The problem is it's just not this raid that is bugged. There are bugs and serious flaws elsewhere. In the Eternity Vault raid the third boss — the puzzle boss — randomly breaks. Same thing with the fourth boss — the 1V1 x8 or x16 boss. Then flashpoints, especially hard-mode flashpoints, are constantly overtuned, badly designed (requiring a knockback when a good amount of groups may not have a class with a knockback), or flat-out broken and buggy. Loot randomly doesn't work in both raids and flashpoints. Raids and flashpoints randomly have to be reset after wipes because players can't zone in, forcing the raid or group to clear trash all over again.

In the PVP front queues randomly break for literally hours on end. Ilum has no incentive for actual conflict. Thanks to player exploits Outlaw's Den has lost the only incentive it used to have outside of very rare chest spawns: great crafting mats in a small space. Some people can't even PVP due to serious FPS issues that have nothing to do with bad computers.

Then there's the gameplay and UI problems, like ability delay, which is sometimes intentional; the lack of UI modification; and the total lack of target of target (huge deal).

I know, I know. Most people are not at endgame. That is completely accurate, and I can understand the position.

Here is the problem: This is the kind of stuff that gives bad word of mouth, especially when it's all put together. There isn't a single aspect of the endgame that isn't unpolished or bugged, and that puts a bad taste in top players' mouths. If the top guilds and players are complaining about the game being a buggy mess at endgame that only discourages the casual, low-level players from working up. After all, why would they level up and work up to what is essentially a buggy mess?

TL;DR: I'm here for the long haul, Bioware, but at this rate I can't guarantee even my guilds or friends will be. If these bugs in every aspect of endgame aren't fixed before the end of the month I don't see the top guilds renewing, and that bad publicty can trickle down to the masses.

Edited by GeLopez

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I saw was mention of things no other MMO has either at launch.

No MMO I know of had well tuned and polished end games, not even WoW *gasp*! Most MMO's launch with tons of problems with end game, sometimes they don't even have any end game.

Certainly the games got some issues, but what you are griping about for end game has NEVER been accomplished by any other MMO to date at launch.

Edited by iResist

It could have launched with two, perfect four man flash points, no ops, and no hardmodes.

What would have people complained about then?

Or it could have delayed launch until some of this stuff was, you know... ready?

No MMO I know of had well tuned and polished end games, not even WoW *gasp*! Most MMO's launch with tons of problems with end game, sometimes they don't even have any end game.

Certainly the games got some issues, but what you are griping about for end game has NEVER been accomplished by any other MMO to date at launch.

Rift.

/argument

Theres a usable object in inquisitorial level 30 quest (last of act 1) that has the name "THIS OBJECT HAS NO NAME". Reported in beta and I'm glad to see my old friend back in its place.

In WoW, Captain Placeholder, ftw !!

Although, he was ADDED to the Live game for a few patch cycles due to the popularity of the NPC on the test realm

please dont forget that many of us are being burnt out by the bugs we wade through just to get to endgame, so when we get to endgame the realisation that the longer we played, the higher we leveled the less complete the game becomes. Its like a reverse universe where we are punished more and more as we level.

In WoW, Captain Placeholder, ftw !!

Although, he was ADDED to the Live game for a few patch cycles due to the popularity of the NPC on the test realm

Well the object itself serves no function. It just ist here, you can use it but it dosn't do anything.

WoW was released 7 years ago on a smaller budget than the $300 million it cost to develop SWTOR. Regardless of the costs, you'd think developers would learn valuable lessons from other game launches based on customer feedback.

All of that aside, I would think any company would strive to be the one and only company that DID do it right. I can't accept the excuse "because every game before it did it that way".

http://i.imgur.com/LjkXc.jpg

TL;DR at the bottom.

Look at the mobs' names. Boss Beast 1. It's funny, and to some it may seem silly. But it does have one big, although subtle meaning: It shows that this part of the game — hard mode Karagga's Palace — was likely not tested once. Bioware didn't even test the raid once to notice that the mobs have to be renamed to "Ugly Dog" before going live.

Then there's the fact that the boss itself seems unpolished. It has what is supposedly a cone AOE, only it randomly hits people behind him.

It also has a problem with how it spawns. It spawns in the middle of the room, which is where players load into when they click on the door to his room. That, combined with his cone AOE, can lead to some random deaths just because Bioware did not notice or could not take the time to reposition the boss's spawn. This can be fixed by resetting the entire instance, but then players have to clear the raid's trash packs again.

The problem is it's just not this raid that is bugged. There are bugs and serious flaws elsewhere. In the Eternity Vault raid the third boss — the puzzle boss — randomly breaks. Same thing with the fourth boss — the 1V1 x8 or x16 boss. Then flashpoints, especially hard-mode flashpoints, are constantly overtuned, badly designed (requiring a knockback when a good amount of groups may not have a class with a knockback), or flat-out broken and buggy. Loot randomly doesn't work in both raids and flashpoints. Raids and flashpoints randomly have to be reset after wipes because players can't zone in, forcing the raid or group to clear trash all over again.

In the PVP front queues randomly break for literally hours on end. Ilum has no incentive for actual conflict. Thanks to player exploits Outlaw's Den has lost the only incentive it used to have outside of very rare chest spawns: great crafting mats in a small space.

Then there's the gameplay and UI problems, like ability delay, which is sometimes intentional; the lack of UI modification; and the total lack of target of target (huge deal).

I know, I know. Most people are not at endgame. That is completely accurate, and I can understand the position.

Here is the problem: This is the kind of stuff that gives bad word of mouth, especially when it's all put together. There isn't a single aspect of the endgame that isn't unpolished or bugged, and that puts a bad taste in top players' mouths. If the top guilds and players are complaining about the game being a buggy mess at endgame that only discourages the casual, low-level players from working up. After all, why would they level up and work up to what is essentially a buggy mess?

TL;DR: I'm here for the long haul, Bioware, but at this rate I can't guarantee even my guilds or friends will be. If these bugs in every aspect of endgame aren't fixed before the end of the month I don't see the top guilds renewing, and that bad publicty can trickle down to the masses.

Hi, Lopez!

I'm not here to do comparisons to other MMORPGs. I'm here to analyze the currently available content I paid for. There are a few instances where the game is literally unplayable: PVP queues being broken for literally hours, the third boss of Eternity Vault requiring a hard reset of the entire raid to work, the broken Bounty Hunter class quest, PVP giving bad FPS for seemingly no reason related to settings or computer power, and loot randomly not working. These are big issues.

I don't care how other MMORPGs dealt with similar problems. Those are their problems. I'm just saying that I want the game I'm currently playing and paying for to be up to some pretty reasonable standards, like not having game-breaking bugs.

Edited by GeLopez

Hi, Charagon. :)

It could have launched with two, perfect four man flash points, no ops, and no hardmodes.

What would have people complained about then?

My preference is Bioware delayed the game for a month or so and ironed out these bugs. MMORPGs usually only get one shot to hook players in, and the first impressions of endgame are not hooking many people in.

Please keep in mind I'm in the crowd that is hooked in. I'm even paying for a three-month subscription card tomorrow. I'm just worried about the general population and the quality of what I'm paying for.

please dont forget that many of us are being burnt out by the bugs we wade through just to get to endgame, so when we get to endgame the realisation that the longer we played, the higher we leveled the less complete the game becomes. Its like a reverse universe where we are punished more and more as we level.

This is a good point. The endgame being unpolished is just the cherry on the top for a lot of players.

Edited by GeLopez

Hi, Charagon. :)

My preference is Bioware delayed the game for a month or so and ironed out these bugs. MMORPGs usually only get one shot to hook players in, and the first impressions of endgame are not hooking many people in.

Please keep in mind I'm in the crowd that is hooked in. I'm even paying for a three-month subscription card tomorrow. I'm just worried about the general population and the quality of what I'm paying for.

This is a good point. The endgame being unpolished is just the cherry on the top for a lot of players.

Don't worry so much about the general population. Bioware themselves say the majority of people are in their late 20's early 30's and will never see many of these bugs you mention.

Honestly, a couple un-named mobs and bosses that spawn in the wrong place is pretty damn good for polish on an end game 11 days after release. Our expectations might be a little high, especially those of us that rushed to 50.

Of much larger concern is the state of the interface. This impacts players from the very beginning, is universally panned for being terrible, and has much more influence on a persons general game impression than some trash they forgot to name and a boss that likes to spawn where a raid enters a room to a dungeon many of the players wont see for at least another month or two.

Edited by Sparklehorse

These problems trickle down because it gives the game terrible word of mouth. That is what I'm saying. Please read at least the TL;DR part of my post.

Also, the endgame mobs are not the entire problem. They are only the tip of the iceberg. They represent the lack of serious testing endgame got.

Edited by GeLopez

I don't see what OP wan't with this :)

I can easily say that WoW in the start where bugged aswell for example the +height and on mobs didnt work so doing for example Gnomeregan, Sunken temple and BRD was for a long time not so much fun :p

And alot more things

He speaks total truth but impatient is he ...

Dont forget bud. This operation is getting a major overhaul come patch 1.1 later this month =p

Major overhaul is another way of saying "We need to work on this thing for at least another month before it's something we feel we can present to the public."

Why do people keep bringing up WOW and whatnot? Who cares? I don't think a lot of people would want to play a broken, buggy, unpolished game, even if it was WOW, today. That's all that matters. I don't care what other MMORPGs are like or how they have dealt with problems. I simply want the product I bought to be up to some pretty reasonable expectations. I don't think asking a game to consistently work is asking for too much.

Also, the excuse that they'll be updating Karagga's Palace in a month doesn't really work because even Eternity Vault is hugely broken. Once again I'd like to point out the third boss is broken. It literally does not work and gets stuck a majority of the time. Just to be clear, that is not an exaggeration; I mean that if players get eight "attempts" on the boss over four will have to be reset due to the boss getting stuck. Some guilds have reported having to reset the instance eight times in a row for it to work.

Plus, I even listed examples that don't involve raiding.

Edited by GeLopez