Can't load my fisrt character in game and can't create a new one after 5.0 patch

DaarthGabito

Hello

Am new to this game and I bought the bundle of the ethernal throne on 27th november (60 days of subcription).

The thing is that after the 5.0 patch was released (the 29th i think). I got a message in the in-game main menu that my version didn't math the server's. Later i realized that i couldn't create a new character in any server (level 1 or 60). And even more I wasn't able to load my first character( jedknight) that I had created because the loading screen got stuck ( I have a trooper character that can be loaded but that's not the idea).

And the day the 5.0 patch was released i didn't see any new download (maybe that's why something is missing now).

I would really appretiate the help because am regreting having bought this game.

Thank you very much for taking your time.

But it didn't work: I deleted all the files mentioned. It verified the game but my character got stuck again in the loading screen and I tried to create a new character (even bought with cartel coins) and when I press "play" nothing happens.

1) It might help if you´d post your computer specs.

2) You probably have the streaming launcher which caused problems to many people. How do you know if you have the streaming launcher?

Start your launcher, if there are the letters ST in the left bottom corner then it´s the streaming version (= meaning: only necessary files are downloaded to your hard disk drive, any other, necessary, additional files will be downloaded when needed) of the launcher.

Try this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/td-p/4867417

Attention: This will cause a whole new download of the game!