Guild Flagships

Guild flagship pvp with space and ground combat mixed(like battlefront 2 but MMO style), would literally be the most epic thing I can think of for an expansion. You could choose to only do ground or space but inside one arena with both sides able to effect one another in certain ways (Ship turrets etc).

It could also be incorporated as just a warzone like the GSF currently works. Would this not be a smart move as far as generating revenue goes? I am quite certain that everyone would queue up for something like that even if they didn't actually want to participate in one half of the battle. I feel it would be one of the best uses of resources that they could pursue for the games growth.

Does anyone else think this sounds awesome?

I think this has been thrown around for a while. I suggested a new ship being added to GSF, the Troop Transport. Basically, you'd have PVP'rs get into the transport and would have to be shuttled over to an enemy hangar (just like you did in SWBF2). Having a transport successfully land in the enemy base would establish a spawn point there and the pilot would then be able to respawn into a different ship (without incurring a death). Then there are objectives inside the enemy ship which have to be taken down. The hangars would be safe zones with three doors leading off of the hangar - that way enemy pvp'rs couldn't just camp a single door. Points would be accumulated for kills in GSF and node captures in gPVP.

The troop transport would have a two different variants:

+ slow and heavily armored/shielded --- think of it as slow as a bomber, but with a bit more energy regen & bulk, low damage output and evasion (only 1 missile break))

+ nimble but more frail --- Something along the lines of a GS/Strike but with low offensive capability, and more evasion (2 missile breaks) than the other transport

NOTE: these ships would not need to be purchased with fleet comms and cannot be upgraded, but will be an addition to your bar for this game style only.

Not everyone who likes GSF likes ground PvP and vice versa. I gave some thoughts to similar concepts over time because I really liked the Mothership assault map in UT2004. For those who don't know the map, one team is defending while the other is attacking, first the attackers need to gain acces to the ship (destroying shield generators etc) and then they need to make their way through the ship to the core and destroy it.

Idea one:

Make a GSF map and a ground PvP map that are connected via story but are played separately. GSF map shows the attack on some ship or station while the ground map could be some Voidstar-like battleground.

Idea two:

When they announced the guild conquest things, including Flagships, I really hoped for guild battles. To win a guild battle you need to storm and disbale another guild's flagship. Two rounds, so each guild is both the defender and attacker, faster guild wins.

Idea three:

Guild battles again, one guild attacks another (guilds must be PvP flagged, so no one is forced to participate) and the defending guild decides if it's a ground or a space based battle.

Overall I love the idea of an assault-style map for GSF with different objectives for differend ship classes. For example heavy shielded objectives with relatively weak hull so not every weapon is effective. Or turrets with very slow rate of fire but extreme damage so you need to have a charged plating build to survive long enough to disable them. Not sure how it would work out.