Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guns!

MishraArtificer
02.05.2013 , 11:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
This gun was being sold in my server for almost a mil... lol. It looks funny yet cool at the same time.

Also there is no difference in performance as far as Blaster vs Sniper rifles go.. right?
The difference is fairly large. If you can use a sniper rifle over a blaster rifle, you should.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Sildroni
02.13.2013 , 12:58 PM | #22
Elite War Hero Enforcer's Blaster Rifle dmg 336-505 (150 rating)
Elite War Hero Field Tech's Sniper Rifle dmg 454-555 (150 rating)

check on the PvP vendors in game for exact values (these are from Torhead). Sniper Rifles have a higher low end and High end damage spread when using the same rated Barrel.

Granted - if you only care about looks then it doesn't matter, but if you want to do the best damage you can - you need a sniper rifle.
Sqn (ß)
eleven*ELEVEN*eleven

"Improvised interrogations are my speciality."

islander
02.14.2013 , 10:30 AM | #23
http://www.torhead.com/item/5JWTIkz/...er#modelviewer

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Gìllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

paowee
02.14.2013 , 03:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
The difference is fairly large. If you can use a sniper rifle over a blaster rifle, you should.

Ever since I started raiding HM TFB.. i've been using the Saboteur Blaster Rifle (I like the look).... In fact I haven't raided HM TFB with a Sniper Rifle yet... The last time i recall using a sniper rifle was when HM EC came out.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
02.14.2013 , 03:16 PM | #25
Does anyone know, off the top of their head, the difference in DPS between a Blaster and a Sniper Rifle?

mtanios
02.15.2013 , 12:45 PM | #26
Does anyone know, off the top of their head, the difference in DPS between a Blaster and a Sniper Rifle?
Yes i would very much like to know what makes the sniper do more damage? because if you basically use the same barrel mod and enchantment in both then you should have the exact same damage if you ask me.

Vin_of_Vinheim
02.15.2013 , 12:56 PM | #27
I use a 10k Killer shell. Accept no substitutes.

http://www.torhead.com/item/dLyMFui/...ots;view:11236

paowee
02.15.2013 , 01:16 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mtanios View Post
Yes i would very much like to know what makes the sniper do more damage? because if you basically use the same barrel mod and enchantment in both then you should have the exact same damage if you ask me.
Hi mtanios!

I have parsed for many hours using a blaster rifle and never once sustained 2.2K DPS even with lucky crits. Last night for the first time i equipped a Sniper rifle and after a few tries on the dummy, i hit 2.2K. I loved how my S-311 Fusion Saboteur looked and so i never bothered to look look at the description and compare min-max dmg of the rifles.. Anyway, to answer your question yes the sniper rifle has more min-max damage compared to its blaster counterpart (as i had just found last night )

Here is a parse from last night:

Using a Sniper Rifle: 2223 DPS 5 mins http://www.torparse.com/a/133419/tim...717/0/Overview

Compared to 2168 DPS in 5 mins which was the most i could ever do using a blaster rifle with lucky crits and MANY many attempts (i can not find the logs at the moment..)

Analytical View:

http://www.torparse.com/a/133419/tim...717/0/Overview

Log View: Beginning of fight.

00:36:51.747 http://www.torparse.com/l/133419

NoTomorrow
02.16.2013 , 03:41 AM | #29
This gun was being sold in my server for almost a mil... lol. It looks funny yet cool at the same time.

Also there is no difference in performance as far as Blaster vs Sniper rifles go.. right?
The difference is huge. DPS wise we are always supposed to use sniper rifles.same for commandos.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

MishraArtificer
02.16.2013 , 10:52 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Vin_of_Vinheim View Post
I use a 10k Killer shell. Accept no substitutes.

http://www.torhead.com/item/dLyMFui/...ots;view:11236
If you're on Jedi Covenant, my Vanguard makes those. I'll gladly pass off a few if you'd like one.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!