Making babies...

Cartooon

Yeh I said it and I'm genuinely curious now that the legacy update has arrived and you can make your own family tree.

It's a bit of the lore I'm unsure of and don't really know much about. Can different races in the star wars universe interbreed and have children? If so are the children cross breeds or just the race of either their father or mother?

I just want to know as to keep my legacy realistic to the universe. Keep it sensible people :p.

my chiss agent was blue haaired, but since shes paired with a black haired human, i made her kids pale skinned and black haired. if they breed, i might just adopt, or make humans since then theyd only be 1/4 chiss

i still wish you could see your companions reactions to the new " additions" to the ship, even if you don't raise them actively, and its all behind the scenes

I'm not sure about inter-species breeding, however I believe i read someplace it cannot be done (eg: no twi'lek/human child cross breed), but don't qoute me for truth on this.

However, if it's something like human and cyborg, I see no reason why not, or even human and Miraluka can likely be done (if the jedi code allows it). Worse comes worse, you can always "adopt" another species.

Have a looksee online, if it sparks some of your imagination, I say go for it :)

x

Wondering the same, how about humans and siths?

As i understands it all sith purebloods are mixture of dark Jedi and Sith, so this should work right?

Sith pureblood, pure blood meaning that they are from a lineage untainted by another species interbreeding. However, you are correct that humans (specifically Dark Jedi exiled long ago) bred with the Sith to form the current generation of mixed breeds. At this point true sith with no tainted lineage are but all died out, but I'm sure there are a few who are still true "pure bloods". Otherwise the quest giver on Korriban to search lineages wouldn't bother or find himself superior, apparently some lines kept their family from breeding with outsiders. That's my interpretation of it.

Twi'leks, in the latest incarnation of canon via Clone Wars had hybrid children with humans, so apparently it is possible. Near human species can have children with humans, like Mirialans and I think Zabrak too.

Edited by DeutschGamer

Only Humans and Near-Humans can interbreed with each other (so most playable species in SWTOR are compatible).

The more exotic species cannot interbreed with Humans or each other.

Sith and Human interbreeding was only possible because the original Dark Jedi altered themselves with SIth DNA and Sith Magic (Darkside powers) to make themselves unnaturally comparable.

The Entire Sith Pureblood species is direct result of Darkside power and SIth magics.

Interestingly enough I had this very conversation with some friends this past weekend. I was curious as to which species could successfully produce offspring with humans. One of my friends posited an interesting theory: species that can more or less be represented by "painted humans" (Chiss, Zabrak, Mirialan, etc.) can reproduce with humans, while species that would have to be represented in the movies via puppets or CGI cannot. I don't know if this matches up with the lore exactly, but it seems logical to me. Chiss and Zabrak are so remarkably structurally similar to humans anyway that, barring incompatible sexual organs, it seems highly unlikely that they would be unable to reproduce.

I also like this theory because it allows my Zabrak to have Vector's babies. I bet they're just adorable. <3

Chiss and Zabrak are so remarkably structurally similar to humans anyway that, barring incompatible sexual organs, it seems highly unlikely that they would be unable to reproduce.

vector and my chiss agent are...... very compatible :>

little black eyed chiss babies woulda been cute...but whatever ~

I was curious, so I looked it up, and according to Wookiepedia only Near-humans and Humans can have kids together, and the only confirmed Near-human races that you can play on SWTOR are Miraluka and Mirialan (and cyborg goes without saying I guess). But then the Clone Wars did show a Twi'lek hybrid. Also, I feel like I remember someone saying that their character was Mirialan and married a human and something was said about "key genetic differences" meaning they'd have to adopt, so I guess the jury's out on Mirialans too. I am playing a Mirialan smuggler so I will have to see if she says anything when she finally gets married. I have seen a video where Vette tells a human male Sith Warrior that she wants to adopt children with him, so I know it is addressed to some degree in game.

I guess I'd take your cues from what your companions tell you if you marry them, and if not you can just decide if it makes sense to you and/or if you can make a plausible hybrid at chargen. There is a real pale Mirialan option and I've thought about using that as my main's kid if I decide to make one.

Edited by elliotcat

from the wiki

"Beyond the obvious physical features, physiologically, the Chiss were similar to Humans to the point that they possessed a comparable circulatory, neurological, digestive and reproductive systems."

My new Gunslinger is going to be my Agent and Raina's kid. :D

Only Humans and Near-Humans can interbreed with each other (so most playable species in SWTOR are compatible).

The more exotic species cannot interbreed with Humans or each other.

That's the impression I got from the lore I've read (Wookiepedia/other Star Wars guide books). So, really, the only incompatible player species should be twi'lek (as the others are all near human. Or, um, humans with cybernetics).

Of course, some of the romance partners (*cough, Aric Jordan, cough*) aren't going to be compatible with humans. (At least as far as producing little furry off spring goes.) But from what I can recall, he discusses adopting kids with you, not having them, if you follow that romance path.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Vector is sterile because of the joining. While I think he would be an awesome father, I also think my agent would be a terrible mother, so not such a big deal to me. It is important to me that my BH and her Torian can get to the making of little bluish mando babies, though.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Vector is sterile because of the joining. While I think he would be an awesome father, I also think my agent would be a terrible mother, so not such a big deal to me. It is important to me that my BH and her Torian can get to the making of little bluish mando babies, though.

oh you ask him if hes " still mostly human" in one comvo branch off, and he says " in the relevant ways, the joining does not change us" >:3

i gotta agree tho, being an agent and raising kids would be crazy... prolly why her 2 kids are rebellious BH and smuggler lol

oh you ask him if hes " still mostly human" in one comvo branch off, and he says " in the relevant ways, the joining does not change us" >:3

i gotta agree tho, being an agent and raising kids would be crazy... prolly why her 2 kids are rebellious BH and smuggler lol

I took that to mean that all his bits still work in all the ways she would care about, which doesn't necessarily include children. (Doesn't necessarily preclude them though either, I guess.)

My BH is the only one of my ladies really interested in children though.

I took that to mean that all his bits still work in all the ways she would care about, which doesn't necessarily include children. (Doesn't necessarily preclude them though either, I guess.)

My BH is the only one of my ladies really interested in children though.

hmm..if anything, lokin could probably help if there was some issues with that

• 2 years later...

I realize this thread got necro'd something fierce, but I do want to bring this up...

Twi'leks, in the latest incarnation of canon via Clone Wars had hybrid children with humans, so apparently it is possible.

I saw the episode that purportedly has the half-Twi'lek, half-Human kids... and no, they're full Twi'lek.

Granted, its never explicitly stated, but the kids are, on human terms, somewhere around 6-10 years old? Not infants. And their father in the episode is a deserted Clone Trooper, and its season 2 of the Clone Wars series. I'm reasonably sure that the clone wars didn't last a decade.

The clone daddy's just their step-father, and they don't feel the need to spell it out. The episode works just fine if the clone isn't their biological father... hell, it arguably works better.