Telekenetic Momentum Broke?

Kirbyg

I am a 50 Sage DPS speced 23 tele/18 bal. Does tele momentum grant an additional attack in the same manner as Project does, is it just lumped into the overall damage of the attack, or is it broke.

Telekenetic Wave Base Damage:

1298-1410

My Surge (Crit Multiplier) rating:

70.55%

Max Base Damage w/ Crit:

Telekenetic Momentum Additional Attack max Base Damage:

Total Attack: 3116

I do not ever see the additional attack though. I have hit lvl 10-20's in PVP for 3k-3200 damage in a single shot, but I'm assuming that is the 8% expertise + other factors because it only happens to the very low level range players.

Has anyone had a different experience, or am I missing something? Thanks for the help.

Edited by Kirbyg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jedi Sage talent called Telekinetic Momentum seems to be bugged for me. With 1 point in the talent, it was working 100% of the time instead of 10%. With 2 points in the talent, it stopped working entirely. With 3 points in the talent, I tested it on many packs of mobs. Not one procc, ever. It should be 30%. When it was working (while I had only 1 point in it), it had a second animation that hit the target and the yellow numbers popped up twice to indicate a double hit. I've also checked the numbers and they haven't taken away the second animation while adding up the double hits, it simply isn't working anymore, at all.

I hope they fix this quick!

Edited by Motovilov

I tested it as well to confirm. I have never had a proc with 3 points in the talent. Now you say with 1 point in it is bugged to 100%, does the extra ability still hit for 30%? I am at work right now so I can not test it. Edited by Kirbyg

Well... when I got my first point in Telekinetic Momentum, I was amazed at how lucky I was, getting a procc every time. It seemed 100% to me but I couldn't be certain since I thought it was working as intended at the time and I was just extremely lucky. I remember thinking there might be some hidden class mechanic I wasn't aware of responsible for the high procc rate. But yes, the extra hit was 30% of the first one. As soon as I put a second point in the talent, it was over. But it took me a long time to realize it wasn't proccing anymore...

Maybe they've disabled Telekinetic Momentum for now because they think it's a bit OP'd when proccing on Telekinetic Wave. Who knows? If so, then I would be wrong about it still working with 1 point in the talent since they might have made this change in between my first and second points. I'm gonna have to respecc to check.

Ok I got another point to spend and I put it in Tremors. It fixed the problem apparently and Telekinetic Momentum is proccing again.

EDIT : but it only proccs on Disturbance. Haven't been able to make it procc on Tele Mom.

Edited by Motovilov

I don't think that would be the case with them disabling it etc.

I tested it in PVP all last night and was able to get it to proc with 1 point in, but only about 10-20% of the time. I am going to leave it at that for now since my spec will not allow me to put points in tremors.

I posted this a few days back but wanted to reiterate the point that a skill tree spec is broken on the class. No where on any site is this information posted so it leads me to believe either

A. No one has brought it up

Or

B. It has been brought up and I am unaware of its presence.

BW: Can you please let me know if this is a known issue, and if so, is there a plan to fix it?

Thanks

So im not the only one.. I was starting to bealive i was just to stupid to notice the proccs or the addition spell animation.

Having 3 points in momemtum and 1 in tremor starting 2 days ago and i've yet to see any notification or proc icon from either one. I really hope its just a visual bug and the total dmg is just clumped together otherwise this needs to be adressed asap.

Not to sound condescending, but is everyone certain they know when they are looking for?

I see mine proc to what I estimate is 30% of the time. There is no animation for it and there is no buff. The only thing that happens is that two numbers pop out of the mob instead of one. So a hit for 1000 shows 1000 and 300 pretty much simultaneously.

I have also seen it proc on TK Wave. I will sit down tonight and verify.

Not to sound condescending, but is everyone certain they know when they are looking for?

I see mine proc to what I estimate is 30% of the time. There is no animation for it and there is no buff. The only thing that happens is that two numbers pop out of the mob instead of one. So a hit for 1000 shows 1000 and 300 pretty much simultaneously.

I have also seen it proc on TK Wave. I will sit down tonight and verify.

Yep, it's an easy test.

Go find a PvE mob. Cast disturbance on it til it dies, but don't dot it. Rinse and repeat with TKwave. Do both for 100 casts, record results.

Yep, it's an easy test.

Go find a PvE mob. Cast disturbance on it til it dies, but don't dot it. Rinse and repeat with TKwave. Do both for 100 casts, record results.

I planned to use a Scoundrel Healer as the test dummy =P. I'll post results later this evening.

I sat in EV with an 8 man group and only cast Tele Wave while clearing trash, I never saw it proc 1 time (with 3 points in Tele Momentum and none tremor). This was on over 30 different mobs with 4+ casts per mob.

I see the proc now only by putting 1 point into it as suggested on page 1.

I sat in EV with an 8 man group and only cast Tele Wave while clearing trash, I never saw it proc 1 time (with 3 points in Tele Momentum and none tremor). This was on over 30 different mobs with 4+ casts per mob.

I see the proc now only by putting 1 point into it as suggested on page 1.

What about by putting that point in tremors as motovilov suggested?

Edited by Khadroth

bump. Ive yet to see a single proc today either when use wave from the PoM proc.

I'm quickly beginning to think this is something only affecting Hybrid TK specs.

It may be intentional such that PoM's 20% dmg boost does not over-synergize with a crit and telekinetic momemtum proc for crazy burst dmg (especially considering that you can practically force a crit with FP, and definitely could with a followup TKthrow which auto-crits with potency active). As such it could be that PoM and TK momentum simply do not stack, or that taking the PoM talent completely innactivates TK momentum.

Again though this is just theory on my part.

Edited by Khadroth

I've regular cast, insta-cast, jumped up and down while spinnning cast. It doesn't matter. The ability is just plain broke if more than 1 point is put in it. It isn't in the description about using the ability with POM, so why should it not work.

I've regular cast, insta-cast, jumped up and down while spinnning cast. It doesn't matter. The ability is just plain broke if more than 1 point is put in it. It isn't in the description about using the ability with POM, so why should it not work.

That's my point, if it doesn't work with PoM it should state it in the tooltip. Otherwise it would be functioning as a stealth limiter to TK heavy hybrid spec's burst. As for why it wouldn't, they're both direct % dmg modifiers on the ability. Combining them can cause the multiplier effects to spiral out of control especially on crits where surge further multiplies the dmg.

Again though, this could be completely unintentional. But judging from this thread, this is a problem only affecting hybrid TK specs and not Full specs (myself included), making something in (or lacking from) the hybrid spec, the likely culprit.

Edited by Khadroth

I am starting to think that its broken to hybrid specs too since im atm playing with a 0/25/16 build and i have never seen 1 tremor buff or tk momentum proc, but when i was lvling i was using a full tk spec and then i was seeing procs pretty often tbh and i was thinking that it would be a good dmg boost to a hybrid spec and thats why i went 0/25/16 but since then not 1 proc :(

I'm Full TK right now, level 33 all points in TK. At 32 I put my third point into Telekinetic Momentum, and definitely no longer see the extra proc damage ever. I'll put my point for 34 into Tremor and see if that helps. Certainly saw lots of procs at 1/3, I don't recall for 2/3.

I'm full TK. Was looking for it last night at times (when alone, on low level mobs). I cannot say I did the experiment well, but when I paid attention, I saw the extra number for the bonus damage much, much less than 30%. Maybe about 5%. Not scientific enough to be truly helpful, but it suggests it might not just be a PoM issue.

If there is a problem with Telekinetic Momentum, we really need to get some input from Bioware. It's a major talent for our tree and Sage builds in general. I'd be interested in knowing whether there's similar speculation on the Sorc side.

I'm full TK. Was looking for it last night at times (when alone, on low level mobs). I cannot say I did the experiment well, but when I paid attention, I saw the extra number for the bonus damage much, much less than 30%. Maybe about 5%. Not scientific enough to be truly helpful, but it suggests it might not just be a PoM issue.

If there is a problem with Telekinetic Momentum, we really need to get some input from Bioware. It's a major talent for our tree and Sage builds in general. I'd be interested in knowing whether there's similar speculation on the Sorc side.

It could just be that we have so much going on that we don't notice the extra proc, but I've been thinking that this doesn't seem to go off nearly as much as it did when I first put a point into it.