What is set focus target?

gabusan

Focus target will bring up a frame that has the portrait and health bar of your focus so you can keep a closer eye on them. Very useful for healers. The Focus target modifier is a key that you can press and then any abilities you use will be used on the focus instead. So as a healer I can set my focus on the tank, keep my target on the boss and anytime the Tank needs healing I hold down the Focus Target Modifier key press a healing key and it will heal the tank without having to switch my target. It's the same thing for the Self Target Modifier except it's for yourself.

Focus target will bring up a frame that has the portrait and health bar of your focus so you can keep a closer eye on them. Very useful for healers. The Focus target modifier is a key that you can press and then any abilities you use will be used on the focus instead. So as a healer I can set my focus on the tank, keep my target on the boss and anytime the Tank needs healing I hold down the Focus Target Modifier key press a healing key and it will heal the tank without having to switch my target. It's the same thing for the Self Target Modifier except it's for yourself.

One quick question, for the sake of clarity and to make sure I have this right...Focus Target will set your focus on a given player/companion/mob and then you would use Focus target modifier in tandem with your abilities, correct?

I just want to make sure I understand how to set the focus on a given player.

One quick question, for the sake of clarity and to make sure I have this right...Focus Target will set your focus on a given player/companion/mob and then you would use Focus target modifier in tandem with your abilities, correct?

I just want to make sure I understand how to set the focus on a given player.

Correct. BTW After you select your focus target, when you hold down the focus target key, your cursor changes color (green) to indicate that your action will be on your focus target not your target. One irritation I found, when you try and use it on your companion, you lose him as the focus target when you mount. I gave up trying to use it because of this.

Edited by Owsley

Correct. BTW After you select your focus target, when you hold down the focus target key, your cursor changes color (green) to indicate that your action will be on your focus target not your target.

Excellent! Even with the limitation you mentioned, I'll definitely bind these and get used to them.

Thank you!

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...