Dont add PvE to galactic starfighter!

The_Grand_Nagus

Sure, the majority of players prefer PvE. Sure, the majority of players want PvE added to galactic starfighter. But who says the majority know best? If people want to enjoy the new free-flight space system, then FORCE them to PvP!

Besides, its just way too hard designing AI that can fly in space, and doing hard things isnt fun. So why bother? Dont add PvE to Galactic Starfighter!!!

:)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people want to enjoy the new free-flight space system, then FORCE them to PvP!

Agreed! Nothing makes people enjoy things they dislike more than forcing them to do it. When I was a child, I HATED brussel sprouts, but my parents FORCED me to eat them...as an adult, I...well, I still hate them and never eat them, so maybe that's a bad example...but yes, forcing people into doing something can be effective...right?!

They are.

I know, but its important that the devs not give in to what the majority of their customers want and stick to their current plan of forcing people to PvP to be able to enjoy the new expansion :)

Agreed! Nothing makes people enjoy things they dislike more than forcing them to do it. When I was a child, I HATED brussel sprouts, but my parents FORCED me to eat them...as an adult, I...well, I still hate them and never eat them, so maybe that's a bad example...but yes, forcing people into doing something can be effective...right?!

Exactly!

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

I know, but its important that the devs not give in to what the majority of their customers want and stick to their current plan of forcing people to PvP to be able to enjoy the new expansion :)

Exactly!

I sense reverse psychology....

No! You're wrong! They should bring in an intern this weekend to knock that out. Cut+Paste and reskin some models, right?

Sure, the majority of players prefer PvE. Sure, the majority of players want PvE added to galactic starfighter. But who says the majority know best? If people want to enjoy the new free-flight space system, then FORCE them to PvP!

Besides, its just way too hard designing AI that can fly in space, and doing hard things isnt fun. So why bother? Dont add PvE to Galactic Starfighter!!!

I love it. My own brand of sarcasm.

We want SPACE CONTENT. Not to be Content with Space.

No! You're wrong! They should bring in an intern this weekend to knock that out. Cut+Paste and reskin some models, right?

Please, dont be silly. This obviously couldnt happen over-night. They would have to make some changes in scheduling and probably push back their currently planned ground content development to make this happen sooner. Which would be a terrible idea. People have only been waiting for 2 years for a free flight space system with PvE and PvP gameplay, so if they can wait that long they can wait longer while the devs make more ground operations and things like what we already have :)

Please, dont be silly. This obviously couldnt happen over-night. They would have to make some changes in scheduling and probably push back their currently planned ground content development to make this happen sooner. Which would be a terrible idea. People have only been waiting for 2 years for a free flight space system with PvE and PvP gameplay, so if they can wait that long they can wait longer while the devs make more ground operations and things like what we already have :)

So... what was the point of this thread? Just so you could voice your displeasure again? :t_eek:

Got it.

And the day they release space PvE will be a day of great QQ about the 101 instances of stupid AI not being fun.

Only way space dogfighting in PvE will ever be hard is if they go the BF2 route and just have insanely overpowered AA guns on all the capital ships, which would be its own brand of QQ

Like I said earlier, its important that the devs not give in to what the majority of their customers want and stick to their current plan of forcing people to PvP to be able to enjoy the new expansion :)

You the problem with forum polls? The only people that ever bother to vote in them are the people ticked off, the people who agree don't bother with them, and probably don't even visit your threads at all.

The only way you will ever get a true answer to the "majority" opinion is if you can find a way to force every person who logs into the forums to take you poll.

And the day they release space PvE will be a day of great QQ about the 101 instances of stupid AI not being fun.

Only way space dogfighting in PvE will ever be hard is if they go the BF2 route and just have insanely overpowered AA guns on all the capital ships, which would be its own brand of QQ

I know, right? All those people who want space PvE have no idea what they are talking about. If something doesnt sound fun to us, then it cant be fun for anyone else either. Forget the whole space PvE idea, and force them to PvP if they want to play the space revamp :)

You the problem with forum polls? The only people that ever bother to vote in them are the people ticked off, the people who agree don't bother with them, and probably don't even visit your threads at all.

The only way you will ever get a true answer to the "majority" opinion is if you can find a way to force every person who logs into the forums to take you poll.

Heres a better one: forget the forums, and have everyone who logs on to the game launcher take the poll. Then have the results published on the website so everyone can see. I'm sure that will prove once and for all that people like to be forced to PvP and do not want to have free flight PvE added. Case closed :)

I don't want open space flight PVE, I like the rail shooter.

I would be open to a compromise that would keep the rail shooter and have some open pve as long as the rail shooter is kept. The loss of the rail shooter would be a loss of something keeping me around.

I don't want open space flight PVE, I like the rail shooter.

I would be open to a compromise that would keep the rail shooter and have some open pve as long as the rail shooter is kept. The loss of the rail shooter would be a loss of something keeping me around.

They have already stated that the rail shooter missions arent going anywhere, so even if they did free flight space PvE, it would not effect the current missions you like. But as stated previously, they should not add free flight space PvE missions. If people want to play the free flight system they should be forced to PvP.

Get rid of pvp all together its a waste of developer resources that should be spent on the actual game. Pvpers can go to hell

On the contrary. If you want to have the ability to steer which direction your ship flies in, you should be forced to PvP. And you will like it whether you like it or not! :)

what's this constant "THE MAJORITY PREFERS" bogus?

'cause the majority plays both PvP and PvE.

a small group of PvE-only extremist carebears are contantly nagging for attention in every online game and should be completely ignored for at least a year

"The majority" plays DOTA2, LoL and WoT, which are PvP-only games.

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst