Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll sign. It's actually was really frustrating to discover that. After all the effort to get her, after story being focused on her. And nothing warns you about this outcome during your progress and there is no logic in that. Jedi or not -- it doesn't matter, jedi allowed to romance, to break their annoying codex. Besides, she's not a jedi anymore anyway. It's almost story breaker tbh, i'm not sure if i want to go on with sith warrior... prolly not. Not like Vette is not good or something, just it's very different story wise and it feels very different. Bleh. How disappointing and totally uncalled for. Only hope is that BW will fix it in some later patch. Edited by vangoga

/Sign lol I'm Lv 5 light side with Jaesa on over 8000 affection and I was wondering what was going on lol until l I read this and face palmed. A bit disappointed tbh pretty sure there weren't any chars in mass effect that you couldn't romance due to your choice of play style I could be wrong but this seems like and over sight.

Welp I'm starting to switch to dark side now I'm currently light 2. 2 main reasons why I'm switching

1 Jaesa only dark side romance >.>

2 Dark side choices are sometimes pretty awesome

Side note I always bin a good guy in my games I never like to be an all out killer more of a guardian BUT sith dark side choices are to good to pass

I also play as a LS warrior - both because being LS as Sith feels different and because my boyfriend is already DS. Browsing through available companions I really took to Jaesa's design and was looking forwards to her becoming my companion even more so after I learned of the choice to make her either LS or DS. Since I play a male character and currently Vette and Jaesa are my only female companion options, I was planning to romance Jaesa. However, I became extremely disappointed when I read that choosing her to be the same alignment as me will block out the romance option completely. In my understanding of things, choosing her to be LS does not mean she is a Jedi - becoming a Sith Lord's apprentice is far from staying a Jedi. And since she now becomes a Sith's apprentice, the Jedi code should no longer bind her. That is why a romance option for her character should be allowed. I understand that people stress that she has her own personality and that is why she is only romanceable for DS players, but this should be an invalid argument in the situation where the player actually has a choice to make her LS or DS. As it is now, it's a little disheartening for me to be limited to Vette only since I don't want to romance my male character with the male companions. Like many LS warriors out there, I would love her to become a romanceable character in the future, which is why I agree with the OP's statement.

P.S. Not to mention that trying to romance Dark Side Jaesa as a Light Side character only for romancing's sake would feel out of place and would rid the whole relationship of all the fun :/ So as I said, if she was a default DS companion (like Vette is LS), the no-romance-for-LS issue would be just. But since one can choose her to be LS and become one's apprentice, a romance scenario should be available.

Edited by Pumidlo

I agree you should be able to romance her either light or dark, but most importantly you could slowly corrupt her from her light side "change from within" stance to fully dark side and all the benefits that come with it.

For example...

My character started out Light II Sith warrior when I got Jaesa and she is a light side companion, then I started gaining dark side points while continuing to build up appreciation with her.

At a certain point, there would be a "confrontation quest" where she asks for the truth. Your character attempts to pursade her to the dark side. Then She tries to defeat you and fails.

This turns into another conversation where you have another opportunity to convince her that the true power is on the dark side. Another battle where she fails, but is starting to get overly emotional.

Another conversation ensues where she's very upset about the betrayal and your character tells her to draw from the emotions. This time she is almost unstoppable when she attacks your character but stops at the point of almost killing you.

At that point she stops and admits that the power is intoxicating which gives you the opening to continue to build off of her hate and anger. She realizes that she's drawing from the dark side and breaks down and submits as your apprentice. This would reset her appreciation for you back to 0. At this time she is a dark sith.

Wouldn't that be the a true form of a Sith? To real you in with power and what they want to hear and slowly, mythotically corrupt them. Heck, there could be a full storyline made out of that one character in that way.

Yes, this could be a pain with the work to get the companion's appreciation up (make it like 8K or something high). Then lose all that work, but not something that would be overally annoying.

The same could be used to take a companion back to light if wanted.

This would be also something that could be done with a lot of the companions. Each with their own Light/Dark storyline and associated "Dramatic Event". Gotta look at this as a something for everyone and not just this one companion ya know.

Bioware has stated that they have voice actors on retainer. I'm making an assumption, but a pretty safe one that they have the companion voice actors in that same retainer. This has the potential to be either part of a companion content upgrade or part of an expansion pack.

The models are done

The scenes are in place (use the character's ship, it's big enough)

What would be needed is...

Storyline for each companion, both light and dark transition

Voice acting

Character animation

Sounds easy enough, but in reality that would be a few months of development, along with a few months of testing.

If they started working this now, not saying that someone at Bioware didn't already have this idea. It would be at minimum of 6 months before we would see it on live servers.

This game looks to launched as a foundation for stories and episodes like this to be built. Lets hope that it's the case.

Take care and thanks for reading my long post,

~Tashanin

38 Sith Warrior (light but slowly corrupting to dark)

Jedi can romance Jedi. They break the code with light side choices.

Why can't honorable sith romance another honorable sith? Doesn't make sense to me..

/signed x 1000000000

I was enjoying the game till I found that out. Not even like I can load a previous save. It is like I have invested 100 hours just to screw up a choice half way.

Last night my Sith Warrior unlocked its 4th companion Jaena. Vette is fugly and annoying so this was the only romance option for my character. I dont play pure dark nor light. I make decisions based on my real life opinion, I decide whats good or not.

In Jaena's quest you basicly choose if you want this companion to be a light or darkside companion. I went for light, it fits easier with a neutral played char. Turns out Jaena is not romancable when she's light, only when she's dark. So I kinda screwed myself over as there is no way to change her. Unlike yourself who can change from light to dark, this companion cannot.

For me this means I'm missing out an important part of the game and my personal characters development. What happened last night for me is gamebreaking. I cant change it and feel I basicly messed up my character in an unrepairable way.

Bioware has got to fix this...

Huh. It never occurred to me that this would be the case. It looks like my Sith will get no romance then. That's disappointing, I must say. Vette seems more like a little sister to him than a love interest, so I don't see that happening unless her communication changes significantly. I'd assumed that Jaesa would be his romance. This seems particularly odd given that a Jedi can have romances.

Oh well, here's hoping that there's at least some drama involved in that, because it's not like he isn't going to be interested, at least from a roleplay pov. He's LS, but he's a Sith. The no romance thing is going to be baffling. If he didn't think emotions were part of the whole thing, he's be a Jedi.

I love the LS Sith story. It has a sense of personal danger in all kinds of ways that makes it really, really compelling, but I have to say, this is a disappointment. Are you sure that it's impossible? Lots of times, Bioware hides their 'third options' pretty well.

/Signed.

As a Light Sided Sith, I do not want to perform an act of ********ity by sleeping with a Twi'lek.

...On a more serious note:

Others have stated it here already. It really is just dumb that we don't have the option to romance her just because she's "Light-sided" since classes like the Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular can romance without receiving a single dark side point.

Bioware needs to listen to the people that pay the subscriptions.