Whats the best Role for Master Mode Flashpoints?

Hello,

Returning player wanting to mainly do master level flashpoints. Assuming I'm above average player whats the best role to play?

I can play any and want to be able to carry the group, should I get someone under performing. Is it DPS, who can burst something down, Healer who can out heal and keep an undergeared tank/over zealus DPS up, or a Tank who can chain defenses to finish off a boss after everyone else has died?

Tanks get the fastest queues for the flashpoints since not many players choose to be a tank. DPS have slower queues since they are the most popular roles most players pick. Healers have a short queue as well, although I do find it to be the most difficult role for some of the flashpoints like Assault on Tython or Blood Hunt.

Healer all day every day

Quick pop, and if you know the mechanics of the FP down to a science, you can carry even a crap tank

Usually anyway. There are some.... questionable... ill call them questionable, players out there that i swear do not even know they have DCDs or taunts or even utility points, but I digress

With even a mediocre tank, decent but 230 geared reasonable DPS, you can clear pretty much anything with a solid healer pretty quickly.

Side note: You will suffer the brunt of the failure rage in direct proportion to the amount of suck the tank has. Just be ready for that.

When I was doing the achievements for 25x all Master mode FPS it was a pain due to the ppl u get in the que. Nevertheless I qued as Tank and healer, if there was no insta pop rep side i swapped to imp side and so on.

As tank or healer you should get more or less an instapop.

I mainly play healer but occasionally I will play dps. As far as the best role, depends on if you are using group finder or doing it with your guild or friends. If group pickup then tank or healer for the best pops as dps are popular (even though we have found dps players that are horrible and blame everything on everyone else). If doing guid or friends then you have a choice depending on what everyone else is playing. Edited by casirabit

When I was doing the achievements for 25x all Master mode FPS it was a pain due to the ppl u get in the que. Nevertheless I qued as Tank and healer, if there was no insta pop rep side i swapped to imp side and so on.

As tank or healer you should get more or less an instapop.

Try queuing on VC. YOu don't even get an instapop as a 3 man group including a tank and healer anymore:o

But no, there's no need for server merges:rolleyes:

Try queuing on VC. YOu don't even get an instapop as a 3 man group including a tank and healer anymore:o

But no, there's no need for server merges:rolleyes:

Well what can I say, even my oldest friends in the game now have moved from Progenitor to TRE, I fear Prog is dying very very fast now too. RP servers have it hard.

Well what can I say, even my oldest friends in the game now have moved from Progenitor to TRE, I fear Prog is dying very very fast now too. RP servers have it hard.

when i changed in 3.xx era, i think it was around May 2015 (i am thinking 3.0 landed in december 2014?), from Prog to TRE progenitor was already suffering from low population - what surprises me the most is the amount of time people realized this.

ok SH is a good reason to not move i can understand that, or even guilds decos etc. but im glad i moved and i dont regret as single day.

damn i even moved when transfers were 1800CC or something like that way before that window of low prices. until they permanently change to this mere 90CC :D

when i changed in 3.xx era, i think it was around May 2015 (i am thinking 3.0 landed in december 2014?), from Prog to TRE progenitor was already suffering from low population - what surprises me the most is the amount of time people realized this.

We moved together, remember? :)

damn i even moved when transfers were 1800CC or something like that way before that window of low prices. until they permanently change to this mere 90CC :D

Geez dont remind me of that!! I spent so much CC and then they brough these transfers back!!