Why Do Some Players Solo FP's?

Been playing for years, and I except when the storyline calls for solo FP's- like Blood Hunt or Rishi in the Revan arc, why do some players wish to do them solo? :)

The one FP I *hated* was Battle of Illum. I hate getting it with GF, but at least it goes faster with the right team. Playing it solo, even when you get the god droid of destruction, it's a looooong FP.

The one FP I *hated* was Battle of Illum. I hate getting it with GF, but at least it goes faster with the right team. Playing it solo, even when you get the god droid of destruction, it's a looooong FP.

On the topic of "why"s, why do so many people like to spell this with a double letter?

I think Battle of Ilum has the most bosses if you do them all (Gark, Velasu Graege & Drinda-Zel, Crystal Cutter Droid & Crystal Harvesting Droid, Krel Thak, Guid Patriarch, Folex, Darth Serevin), but you can skip most.

Been playing for years, and I except when the storyline calls for solo FP's- like Blood Hunt or Rishi in the Revan arc, why do some players wish to do them solo? :)

Easier flashpoints - it can be a casual way to enjoy the game, while still having a bit of a challenge.

Harder flashpoints - for the challenge and feeling of achievement. Possibly even bragging rights.

Also, in some cases it has been a good CXP source, while still being a "solo" activity.

Easier flashpoints - it can be a casual way to enjoy the game, while still having a bit of a challenge.

Harder flashpoints - for the challenge and feeling of achievement. Possibly even bragging rights.

Also, in some cases it has been a good CXP source, while still being a "solo" activity.

this.

1) A lot faster or relaxed run (solo mode)

2) Challenge (harder difficulties)

3) You don't get "Spacebar! Smash spacebar! I only have 10 minutes!!!1!" or any other weirdness you have to deal with sometimes in groups.

4) You can take a short break at any time without having a risk of getting kicked from group

Edited by Halinalle

On the topic of "why"s, why do so many people like to spell this with a double letter?

I think Battle of Ilum has the most bosses if you do them all (Gark, Velasu Graege & Drinda-Zel, Crystal Cutter Droid & Crystal Harvesting Droid, Krel Thak, Guid Patriarch, Folex, Darth Serevin), but you can skip most.

Because Illium. Most Star Wars gamers don't pay attention to non-game, non-Movie lore, and Ilum came largely from books/comics/the old Clone Wars Cartoon.

Illium, on the other hand, was seen by many playing ME2, and it stuck around. Its kinda like all the people mixing up Nihlus and Nihilus in inappropriate ways.

However, since we are talking "why"s here, I would dearly like to know why using the Apostrophe is, apparently, harder than calculus and not breaking mezzes?

But to answer the OP's question, I solo flashpoints just to prove I can, usually after annoying people spend 2-4 hours in chat complaining about not getting a group.

At other times, I do it for nostalgia's sakes. A flashpoint with a competent group is a snoozefest, and one with an incompetent group is just annoying, so soloing it gives a slight feeling of being challenging and remines me of when the game actually required some thought, back in 2012/2013.

Some people want to watch the cut scenes; that's almost impossible if you are in a group.

Some people want to play at their own pace. FPs are a good source of CXP, so most players aren't doing then for "fun." If Battle of Ilum popped, it probably meant that those players needed the daily. After the daily is completed, you are better off doing hammer station for the weekly. I think it's the shortest FP (on PUB side), if you have slicing and Archaeology, while Black Talon is the shortest on IMP ( i think).

I prefer doing them with my boyfriend or guild but if they are not there then I do them solo. I am not a fan of group pickups as you never know who you will get.

Some people are nice but then there are jerks and having to deal with jerks in real life makes me not want to deal with them on a game. I don't mind helping people but I do mind when they act like idiots and blame everyone else for something and scream and act like a two year old.

No real mystery; some of us simply don't like grouping for PvE. Even those of us that spend almost 100% of our game time in endgame group activities may find PvE grouping boring. Especially in a game where there is no need to do so.

Except for the few that require multiple people for mechanics, most FPs are easily soloable in Veteran mode. And the ones that aren't easy are usually challenging and fun solo.

I prefer doing them with my boyfriend or guild but if they are not there then I do them solo. I am not a fan of group pickups as you never know who you will get.

Some people are nice but then there are jerks and having to deal with jerks in real life makes me not want to deal with them on a game. I don't mind helping people but I do mind when they act like idiots and blame everyone else for something and scream and act like a two year old.

Amen.... When it comes to groups some times you get rage quiting, insult throwing immature people and then the group isn't fun. It's hard enough to people to get together to kill world bosses. but to sit though a fp or an op for 30 with a bunch of childish, miserable people who don't know the meaning of teamwork or have no patience is just not fun. On the other hand when you have a great group who knows what they're doing whose is more interested in beating the boss and is patient the group content is fun. I have done many fps and a few ops. I had so much fun doing the dread palace op. But I have had some fp's esp in group finder in which i haven't been able to finish do to lack of teamwork either by eager beavers ( people who attack before group is ready), people who ive had to kick because they're just toxic to the group, and people who have left because of the lack of patients. It's just easier to play alone. You play the way you want, without having to deal with the bs that you get from bad groups.

In my case, I prefer to do them solo because my experience with MMOs is limited. This is my first MMO.

When there was no solo I made a few flashpoints and some went well, however, others were frustrating for one of two reasons:

- I'm just not a good player and I got bewildered by so many enemies and things going on, so lost my bearings in a boss fight. I feel I'm being a source of frustration rather than enjoyment to others, which is the worst. Once I was, as I chained a series of mistakes in some consecutive hard fights (why do we get a explosion shake when there was no explosion of what my team had to make explode marking the moment I needed to change what I did?). And once I had read a guide that seemingly was obsolete, so though I did mostly good I made a few mistakes. But anyway, there were more than a couple flashpoints where my performance was less than stellar, though only one or two or so resulted in players actually getting frustrated.

- I got frustrated playing my tank because the DPS(es) keeps complaining when (s)he did everything against my role. They run ahead, start the fight and then complain because my slowest-aggro-building-class-tank can't get ahead of the aggro even with the taunts. And in some case the DPS starts the fight way ahead then proceeds to immediately kite the enemy away from the range of any of my tank's abilities.

Making them solo means: I won't get annoyed by idiots that do all that will make my job as tank impossible and then have the nerve to complain that I didn't keep the aggro and, more importantly, I avoid being a nuisance with my low skilled play.

Edited by killBastila

Been playing for years, and I except when the storyline calls for solo FP's- like Blood Hunt or Rishi in the Revan arc, why do some players wish to do them solo?

I know that I'd rather do sm and most hm fps solo because: I have seen all the cut scenes too many times and don't want to wait for others to have to watch em again and again, I get tired of having to keep explaining old fps to new players over and over just to wipe over and over because of gear issues or lack of abilities (lowbies), and I do them solo because I enjoy the nostalgia of the old flash points and seeing how fast i can clear them..

Have also found so many players have no clue what class they are playing or they select heals when in actuality they are dps and we wipe cause we are looking for heals and find out the noob is dps... Come on Man!!! :rak_03:

Edited by YuKlondike

Are they really called "solo mode" is it not "story mode"?

I think thats what they are. A way for new players to enjoy the story without having half the group leave because someone isnt spacebaring the conversations.

Are they really called "solo mode" is it not "story mode"?

I think thats what they are. A way for new players to enjoy the story without having half the group leave because someone isnt spacebaring the conversations.

Flashpoints are "solo mode"

Operations are "story mode"

If/when you go to a FP starter NPC you will be prompted and option is called "solo mode"

That said, "story mode" is a fitting title too because you are correct that it gives players a chance to see the story of that flashpoint at their own pace.

Flashpoints are "solo mode"

Operations are "story mode"

If/when you go to a FP starter NPC you will be prompted and option is called "solo mode"

That said, "story mode" is a fitting title too because you are correct that it gives players a chance to see the story of that flashpoint at their own pace.

This has changed. Picking up a FP from the starter NPC now gives you the choice of "story mode" as the current naming convention of the solo play option.

I'm a solo player for several reasons. In order they are...

1. There are scary people on the I-net.

2. I have Cerebral Palsy and I must pace myself because of all the complications (like getting lost) I deal with.

3. I stink at combat, and see reason 2.

4. I don't like chatting.

And finally... THERE ARE SCARY PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET.

I will group up occasionally like a world boss, or something. But I like doing my own thing at my own pace.

3) You don't get "Spacebar! Smash spacebar! I only have 10 minutes!!!1!" or any other weirdness you have to deal with sometimes in groups.

4) You can take a short break at any time without having a risk of getting kicked from group

as a general rule, if you are doing a group finder activity, not the best place to be hoping to do the story. that is why there is a story mode, and also why people ask you to space bar. In fact i find it very rude to expect 3+ people to wait on you when everyone else has asked, nicely at that, to space bar.

Well, I like to play solo full stop. I don't have time/commitment for guilds or organizing ops groups. I Just like to play the game and enjoy the stories etc.

I just wish they would give us a solo option as standard for the operations, Like with the end of the Revan story, and let us do ops with a bot team, would even be nice to pick my own group from my companions! I'd be happy to have any drops/rewards taken out, just so we can at least play through the operation stories.

PLEASE bioware????

This! Also I would like to add another reason:

5) Learning the FP: Sometimes I will do one solo to get a idea of the layout and boss tactics, so later on doing it with the usual group means silky smooth gameplay as I can take the lead with that knowledge and direct others on what to do.

Well, I like to play solo full stop. I don't have time/commitment for guilds or organizing ops groups. I Just like to play the game and enjoy the stories etc.

I just wish they would give us a solo option as standard for the operations, Like with the end of the Revan story, and let us do ops with a bot team, would even be nice to pick my own group from my companions! I'd be happy to have any drops/rewards taken out, just so we can at least play through the operation stories.

PLEASE bioware????

No Operations are not content for you, sorry. So no need for the gear either.