52 Pages of topics and no reply from any developer

The last 52 pages that date since December 2015 till today have not gotten any reply from anyone in the swtor team, regarding the flashpoints section of the swtor forum. Uprisings are not even added to this section, content that must be paid to access, and both flashpoints and uprisings have a problematic queues and stealth nerfs and missing group finder like master uprising. Everyone who posts in this section of the forum is paying, and I think that someone from swtor team should jump in from time to time to let players know they are at least reading the concerns of their customers. Is it even worth posting in this forum section anymore?

It is easy to make Flashpoints and Uprising group finder to pop, by adding the popular rewards warzones and galactic starfighter have (Master Modes only). And for ewok sake fix that Jindo boss at False Emperor flashpoint, and fix Trial and Error uprising door bugs or remove them both from conquest activities and add something else instead. Oh why do I bother, there will probably another 50ish pages before a developer replies to this forum section, so in about 2019 or so if we are lucky. If reply demands so much effort, I wonder how much effort is required to work on the actual issues in the game.

PS: we want Colicoid War Game in group finder with both difficulties.

Is it even worth posting in this forum section anymore?

Musco was once asked about why there are no dev posts in the FP/Ops forum and his response was that most threads are only about "When is the next operation coming?" and that we raiders would be fine on our own. Personally, I disagree and I can imagine that Musco, as a casual PvP player, doesn't know much about raiding. But it appears that he is dead-set with his opinion and won't change it.

I'd love to see some more dev interaction, specifically when it comes to tuning or boss mechanics. Or just congratulating people who manage to hit three-man an operation or hit a new time-run record etc. But alas, I don't expect to get it here.

Edited by Jerba

group finder to pop

Keith did annouce that they want to improve group finder in the Bad Feeling Podcast, so I wonder what those changes will be. It sounded nice that you can see the missing roles and can get a better reward if you fill in that missing role!

Keith did annouce that they want to improve group finder in the Bad Feeling Podcast, so I wonder what those changes will be. It sounded nice that you can see the missing roles and can get a better reward if you fill in that missing role!

That's awesome. Group finder does need a huge rework, this news make me happy. But still I wish Keith came here to tell us too, this is the forum for it. Third party websites should remain third party websites, and this here should get the priority.

70% of the time group finder doesn't pop its because nobody wants to queue as a tank, 25% its nobody wants to queue as a healer, 5% its just not enough bodies. The ironic thing is the people who complain about it not popping, 80-90% of the time are those who only want to DPS. You are the reason it won't pop. Not you specifically obviously, but overall players like you that all want to only DPS.

This is an age old MMO problem of course, not a TOR problem.

I think they communicate enough when it comes to Operations, Flashpoints and other multiplayer content in their normal replies. I cannot say too much, but they are quick to communicate with the raiding community regarding operations, mechanics, bosses bugs and similar, the recent reduction of reflecting exploits for example. Edited by RikuvonDrake

[...] they are quick to communicate with the raiding community regarding operations, mechanics, bosses bugs and similar, the recent reduction of reflecting exploits for example.

Putting it in the patch notes is not communication. Communication would be putting out a blog post or forum thread with an in-depth explanation of the state of reflects in endgame content.

Instead we now have to wonder:

• Are the bosses still killable before enrage? Plenty of groups use reflect to help with DPS, so missing the reflect, the DPS check is much tighter. With the boss' HP unchanged, this is pretty much a hidden buff, and should at least be acknowledged by the devs.
  • What about all the other reflectable damage? Like the Denova tanks which AFAIK can still be reflected. Are the devs aware of those, will those be nerfed in the future? Were they intentionally not nerfed? Or do the devs don't know what can be reflected and want to get a list from us?

Lacking an official explanation, we are once again left guessing what the devs are thinking.

I've played the game since the beginning and outside of PTS, I never saw a dev talking about boss mechanics or boss bugs. We have always had to figure it out ourselves. So I don't believe your post, my experience is the opposite of what you write.

Edited by Jerba

The fact is actually that the boss fights are not getting a buff, in reality, they were nerfed with the introduction of the reflect exploits, groups that get enrage now are simply not doing enough DPS for Nightmare content. I hardly think that a worthy of an acknowledgement from the developers, in particular now that they are removing the reflects in a few patches in a row

Yes, I am pretty confident that the developers are well aware of what mechanics can be reflected and how that is being used by groups who are not doing enough DPS, not coordinated enough to execute mechanics or have healers who are not doing HPS.

Let's just say that the communication you see from devs here is just a part of how they talk to players.