Which is more fun or better at healing? (Opinion based)

BladenChroma

I recently just hit 50 on my Guardian and since Guardian is broken and less fun until they fix it I thought I would try a healer for once. The Trooper Commando Medic interests me (cause of the BFG!!!) and there are a lot of them on server. Smuggler Sawbones sounds fun too but haven't seen too many of them on my server (most are Gunslinger) or taken a look at the tree.

So, in your opinion or experience, which would be better at healing or is the most fun/easiest? Commando Medic or Smuggler Sawbones?

I did the same thing and got bored quickly with the sentinel just hacking and slashing with lightsabers....I went commando medic and its fun to be able to be a range dps and heal at the same time. If people need to group you can heal and hit mobs with AOE with your BFG. This is the first MMO i decided to heal and im having way more fun when i realized the lightsabers were getting old...Plus your companion with commando actually speaks english!

sawbones is far squishier. you will spend more than half your time trying to keep yourself alive, rather than healing other people.

sawbones reactive healing is weaker. you cant switch to someone being focused and expect to keep them up. you cant afford the 2 globals it takes to stack hots on them (3 if you want to use the aoe hot too) if they're already dying. you just have to sit there spamming big heal -> instant heal over and over and pray no one attacks or interrupts you.

Edited by Vallowen