Remember Dragon Age 2?

coughxcool

How did no one at Bioware realize that rolling out early access over a 7 day period would cause a lot of customers grief? Leaving something so nebulous and open ended when money is involved is never a good idea. But I just wanted to point out that this isn't Bioware's first big blunder this year. Anyone else pay for Dragon Age 2 and then **** when they realized they were never leaving Kirkwall? I know I did. Not sure what happened, but I'd like to see Bioware regain some dignity sometime soon....

How did no one at Bioware realize that rolling out early access over a 7 day period would cause a lot of customers grief? Leaving something so nebulous and open ended when money is involved is never a good idea. But I just wanted to point out that this isn't Bioware's first big blunder this year. Anyone else pay for Dragon Age 2 and then **** when they realized they were never leaving Kirkwall? I know I did. Not sure what happened, but I'd like to see Bioware regain some dignity sometime soon....

Much like the staggered launch of this game, most of us realized what was going to happen when BIOWARE TOLD US AHEAD OF TIME. :rolleyes:

Much like the staggered launch of this game, most of us realized what was going to happen when BIOWARE TOLD US AHEAD OF TIME. :rolleyes:

I dont think you read my original post. I wasnt complaining or saying that I did not expect this ahead of time. I was more saying that the customer grief which is littering the boards could have been avoided with a little more careful planning. Thanks for that, though.

This was careful planning. They made us aware of their plans MONTHS in advance.

Careful planning shouldn't result in tons of people whining on a message board. The part of the planning they obviously neglected was thinking about the community reaction.

And please don't construe this post as me whining because I have not yet received early access. I pre-ordered like a week ago and at no point did I expect to get on before the 18th or 19th. I'm merely observing the community's reaction and offering my opinion on it.

Careful planning shouldn't result in tons of people whining on a message board. The part of the planning they obviously neglected was thinking about the community reaction.

And please don't construe this post as me whining because I have not yet received early access. I pre-ordered like a week ago and at no point did I expect to get on before the 18th or 19th. I'm merely observing the community's reaction and offering my opinion on it.

I'm not sure what else they could have done, short of subliminal messaging, to make it any clearer. People will always find something to complain about, but just because what you read is mostly complaints, doesn't mean that's the majority's opinion. Whiners are just more vocal.

I'm not sure what else they could have done, short of subliminal messaging, to make it any clearer. People will always find something to complain about, but just because what you read is mostly complaints, doesn't mean that's the majority's opinion. Whiners are just more vocal.

fair enough

This is the internet. Bioware could send everyone (free of charge) their weight in gold, and people would complain that heavier people get more gold.

It took me about have of the game to get past the denial after seeing the map. There had to be more... there had to be...

Get everyone in at the same time - servers crash, nobody plays.

Get LOADS of people in at the same time ( aka stress test ) - nobody can quest properly, gameplay experience ruined for the majority.

Do it the way they did - fair but square, mostly the people that waited for this game for the longest can play, but not that many.

Either way people are going to complain, however the last option doesn't ruin the game experience for anyone, it just delays it a bit further.

I'd rather play it later and have fun, rather than play earlier and rage about the lags and 100500 people killing my questmob.

Let's be honest: if they let everyone in at once right now, then a bunch of the people who pre-ordered day one would be QQing that Bioware promised them they'd have the first shot at playing.

It's been the plan since pre-orders started. Anyone complaining about it now were given ample warning.

I dont think you read my original post. I wasnt complaining or saying that I did not expect this ahead of time. I was more saying that the customer grief which is littering the boards could have been avoided with a little more careful planning. Thanks for that, though.

I objectively agree.

i know you think you're smart and all just from the condescending post... but to break your sentence down to its base elements:

"I can't believe people are surprised bioware made a mistake. they've made a mistake before, of COURSE they're going to make one again!"

sounds sillier now, doesn't it

No amount of planing wouldve work with these people, if they cant read the terms of early access for themselves what else bioware could do?