Can you use Group Finder for planetary heroics?

You can queue up for quests on a planet but you can't specify which quests you want to queue up for. At least the quests are shareable so if you queue up and you have them all, you could always share them with the rest of the group.

You can queue up for quests on a planet but you can't specify which quests you want to queue up for. At least the quests are shareable so if you queue up and you have them all, you could always share them with the rest of the group.

So, we need the actual quests in our log to be able to que for a group?

I've used the GF about 5 times so far. Did HMs with my 50 sorc and claimed the BH rewards. Yet I did a lower level FP and got no reward? It's one per day, I got that. But do I "need the quest first" to claim a reward? Or was it a bug? :(

• 3 months later...

The requirements to queue for a certain planet are just level based I believe, you can't queue for a specific Mission.

And I think it only pops when you get a full Holy Trinity and spare DPS ;)

Which as I just mentioned in another thread, is stupid

to add to your misery most people just ignore the heroics on the planets. having the best lfd in the world wont help if people don't queue up for the content in the first place.

I don't queue much for planetary stuff, but I've not seen a queue pop for one when I do. Even for a place like the Black hole with a very well defined set of missions, it's not often used.

I don't queue much for planetary stuff, but I've not seen a queue pop for one when I do. Even for a place like the Black hole with a very well defined set of missions, it's not often used.

i was speaking about the lower level stuff mostly but you are correct about the daily heroics. no one uses it even for those. it has been months since i have done a non bh heroic daily as i have no desire nor need. i will help guild members though. but the same point come through; if people don't do the content the best finder is useless.

the bh heroic is rather puzzling though as a ton of people do them and no one uses the group finder. i tried for three days after it came out only having to leave the queue and get a invite the old proven way.

i suspect if bh coms were not given out in hms they would be the same way. a vast number of people wouldn't do them as they have no longer the need.

it appears excessive rewards are needed to do some of the content over and over to compensate for bland vanilla drops. this is just plain sad. there are better means to keep people playing a mmo but such rewards are becoming the norm rather than special unique drops. orange gear doesnt cut it as most are just butt ugly.

times are changing i guess but the new people carrying the torch are stumbling and getting burned in the process.

It really is a shame people can't do the heroics.

On a planet you can do a few heroics int he same time as an FP, and get 3 orange items, or 9 planetary commendations. Republic side Balmora's Heroics give you and orange item AND and blue random box.

I'm surprised that with the new High Pop servers this is still a problem.

I've found that most people still prefer to use old fashioned general chat to build groups for heroic quests, because 1) it allows you to specify which mission you're on and 2) you're not limited by needing a trinity setup that way. The group finder will always try to build a group with a tank, a healer and two damage dealers, but most heroics (even the heroic 4s) are generally doable with two people of any class plus the right companions. Trying to find one friendly helper through chat is a lot faster and more efficient than sitting in the queue for who knows how long just so that the group finder can create its "ideal" party.