Missing Solo-Mode Droid!

FrozenGoalie

I have somewhat the same problem, day one I didn't get the solo mode on assault on Tython, then next day i got the solo mode, then after the flashpoint, i didn't get the next step in the quest, then i tried to reset it, no luck, now i only get the tactical for assault on Tython, probably because i had already done it. still i didn't get the Korriban quest when i exited in the first place. Any help would be appreciated. For the record, i have tried all in the list earlier in the thread. Submitted a ticket yesterday, no answer yet.

I am having EXACTLY! the same problem at EXACTLY the same juncture! how the heck do you fix this!? if we cannot..BIOWARE needs to do this. its been over a week now for me stuck here on this toon. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. ALL the steps eric mentioned i have done multiple times and NOTHING. HELP!

Edited by Drosan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After two tickets and a phone call to tech support to confirm I had not encountered some weird game bug, it appears all my frustration was for naught.

Kudos and thanks to Fredsun at tech support for helping me. I do wholeheartedly appreciate his help.

That being said, the developers have let me down a little by not making certain items about the new quest line clear. First, it appears you can only do the solo mode one time and that is only if you have not completed the quest line on any character. I completed the first three FP's on one character prior to the patch but was stymied because none of my other characters were given a solo option after the patch. Turns out, clearing it one time was enough to prevent the solo option from even appearing. Yet the game offered nothing that informed me of this.

Bottom line: the expansion is centered around this story. The beginning of which is going to be obsolete soon in the community's eyes. I guess it's "too bad, so sad" that I wasn't able to take more than one of my characters through the FPs. But then again, I just love skipping the beginning of the movie and going straight to the middle.

I understand the developers want us to group up to play certain aspects of the game. But wait times in the LFG tool are often incredibly long with the chance that one or more players will drop out even if a group is formed which forces more waiting.

Please be more clear in the future about details like this.

Well I did the first two parts of the Forged Alliance and went to speak to the guy in the bar, he wasn't there. However, other folk seemed to be talking to him. Logged out last night and logged back in to try it today still nothing.

Ended up resetting it only to now be back at the start with no SOLO option on the first two parts. Tried resetting and abandoning and still only gives TACTICAL as an option.

It's not very good to try and play the story

Had the same thing happen. Its kind of sad they base the first runs as solo then if the game glitches and you reset your SOL it appears. Cant say I'm real happy on how this was implemented. I understand they want you to group up. But if you are only going to allow one solo run then you shouldn't be able to solo it at all. I came back because of the expansion and re-subbed and bought coins and was looking forward to getting back into the game. But if this is a small prelude of how they treat the game I might have to evaluate my other options of entertainment besides this game.

2 x tickets = 2 x copypaste responses = No help whatsoever..

I did horrible error of reseting the questline, after finishing the first 2 flashpoints - because i couldent find Theron shan in the fleet cantina... thought it was bugged somehow and pressed reset.

Agree, perhaps not the smartest move - but didnt expect to be this C**kblocked. Didnt reset the current step, reset it completely - ok bit annoying but doable. Flashpoints are now group only - ok even more annoying but still should be mananagable. Current flashpoints not available in the dungeon finder = Killing blow.

Total : Complete crap...

Recently returned to play swtor, so no real playerbase yet - and more or less feeling abit punished for making a mistake. A mistake thats costing me the chance of playing a game i actually payed for...

Maybe im just a grumpy old man... but this bugs the hell out of me.

I did horrible error of reseting the questline, after finishing the first 2 flashpoints - because i couldent find Theron shan in the fleet cantina... thought it was bugged somehow and pressed reset.

Agree, perhaps not the smartest move - but didnt expect to be this C**kblocked. Didnt reset the current step, reset it completely - ok bit annoying but doable. Flashpoints are now group only - ok even more annoying but still should be mananagable. Current flashpoints not available in the dungeon finder = Killing blow.

Recently returned to play swtor, so no real playerbase yet - and more or less feeling abit punished for making a mistake. A mistake thats costing me the chance of playing a game i actually payed for...

Dont feel bad thats what happen to me with the quest. Havent even gotten a response on my ticket. Guess they dont care enough to at least answer.

Edited by lddbck

Damn, I wish I'd read this thread before deciding to return to this game and buying a sub. Bottom line is first day back and already I can't do content for whatever stupid reason, that's 9 quid down the drain. Note to self, never ever return to this POS game, as the only thing it will never fail to do is to frustrate with its ever expanding number of bugs that never get fixed.

Why do they even bother to have technical support when the best advice they can offer is "try abandoning the quest and picking it up again"? Like we are too stupid to have already tried this.

I have had nothing but troubles with this crap. I managed to get all SOLO droids to assist on all Forged Allaince missions for all my other toons but my Guardian has been a toal pain. I took the mission from my ships terminal and got the SOLO droid after which I completed Forged Alliance part 1. Upon exiting it did not direct me back to the mission vendor to proceed on to Forged Alliance Part 2 but instead said the exact same BS it did before taking the mission which was that I need to complete Forged Allaince but now the only option is that I do so in Group or TACTICAL mode. It should in fact be sending me onto Forged alliance Part 2 wth the Driod given I have already completed Part 1 however it WILL NOT register and acknowledge that I have completed part 1 already. I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread and NOTHING has changed the problem or helped. I have rest...abandoned gone to all vendors over and over agin trying to get it to send me onto Part 2 or restart Part 1 and reset. So I am stuck with Forged Alliance Part 1 TACTICAL now and no where to go. I am FED up...have sent in at least half a dozen tickets asking for help and NOT one has been replied to. If anyone can help me that has more of a clue than the customer support donkeys who clearly do not have a clue and will not reply...it would be great appreciated.

Damn, I wish I'd read this thread before deciding to return to this game and buying a sub. Bottom line is first day back and already I can't do content for whatever stupid reason, that's 9 quid down the drain. Note to self, never ever return to this POS game, as the only thing it will never fail to do is to frustrate with its ever expanding number of bugs that never get fixed.

Why do they even bother to have technical support when the best advice they can offer is "try abandoning the quest and picking it up again"? Like we are too stupid to have already tried this.

Absolutely right. This new content has been an bsolutle joke and soo pathetic the DEVS should be cleaned out and new ones hired. no other MMO game has had such a horrid transition between new and old content and NOBODY is doing **** about it to fix it. Just posting garbage like you say about droppojng quests and trying to restart line...which does NOT work.

I did horrible error of resetting the quest line, after finishing the first 2 flashpoints - because i couldn't find Theron shan in the fleet Catina... thought it was bugged somehow and pressed reset.

I had/have the same issue, just that at first I reset the FP quest not the entire prelude. After a few attempts, I decided to reset the quest line entirely. My ticket was answered 48 hours later (their customer service is complete crap) with the same bs you can find in this post. I followed their instructions:

"Steps to check for solo mode:

•If you have already completed Forged Alliances in full, you cannot access solo mode in 3.0.

•You can only complete each Flashpoint in solo mode, only one time, per character.

•You must have the Mission "Prelude to Shadow of Revan" in order to access solo mode. You get this Mission from a terminal on your ship.

•As a part of solo mode, you must enter the Flashpoint directly, you cannot use Group Finder.

•Once in the Flashpoint, you will have [sOLO] in front of that mission to know you are all set. You should click the icon next to the Mission in your Mission Tracker to summon a special droid companion to help you (the key to solo mode!)

I started into solo mode Forged Alliances, but something happened and now I can't access it.

Try the following steps:

•If you are not in a group, the phase door will appear purple if you are in solo mode.

•If you are not, reset the instance and try going back in. If that doesn't work...

•Talk to the droid/person outside of the Flashpoint and see if they have a quest to offer.

•If they do, you should be able to start the Flashpoint in solo mode.

•If you cannot, try abandoning the quest for just the Flashpoint (not the prelude) and then try talking to that NPC to accept solo mode.

•If that does not work, abandon the Prelude and the Flashpoint quest. Go back to your ship re-accept the Prelude, go to the Flashpoint and talk to the NPC. He should be able to grant you solo mode.

•Hopefully these tips should get you back on the correct path of being able to run solo mode Forge Alliances!"

Obviously, no mercenary droid to help in the FP.... .. and also FP in tactical although the quest was retaken as the first time. Well, it seems it can't be done and they have no solution for this issue. I suspect they have no idea what is going on since their suggestions are changing over time, trying to find a solution not through their own developers but rather using players as testers. "Try this and might work". "Oh, that doesn't work... try that." and so on. Incompetents and lazy.

Well, I just got back to SWTOR and payed a subscription and bought Shadow of Revan on the 25th of December.

I obviously regret this and canceled my subscription after 24 hours and decided I will "promote" their services as much as I can so nobody else comes play SWTOR anymore. Until january, I will continue to PvP since the quest line is broken and useless (I have no desire to emerge myself into the game since I decide to leave disgusted). :) GL everyone!

Edited by Execrev

I finished part 3 in solo mode, but I reset the quest as the story area where the npcs are at the end was empty. Now I can't solo it again, so I am stuck, can't progress through the story without completing the flashpoint.

Also I cannot use the group finder to finish the Tactical flashpoint because it is grayed out at 56.

Same thing happened to me.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys..it´s february after Patch 3.1 and nothing has changed..same Bugs, same Tips doesn´t work....

Is it possible to skip the Prelude ? I´ve read something about " talk to the stupid Bird on Rishi to skip"

but....where is it to find ?

Edit: found it....

Edited by Raylan_GTRP

Having the same set of issues with solo mode that some of you are having.

No mission shows up on my ship. I'm still able to pick it up from the droid on the fleet, but after I talk to Theron Shan, I keep getting the tactical flashpoint only. The NPC outside of the flashpoint entrance doesn't give me a choice between tactical or solo. Resetting or abandoning the relevant missions doesn't seem to change anything.

My game is acting like solo mode doesn't even exist. :confused:

And as Raylan said above, this is all after the 3.1 update.

Edited by JediCodeBreaker

Forged Alliance: Part III

NPC : Lana Beniko wouldn't load when entering the small quest area(green door).

After abondoning twice and resetting it twice, she appeared. Got the quest from her to do Legacy of the Rakata,

now this quest(Flashpoint) will not let me start in SOLO mode, nor does it show up on my minimap/map as to where to go(that green triangle we normally get).

I can start the Flashpoint through the little robot but only in normal mode.

I've abandoned it again twice, same thing, can't start solo mode, can't continue progress in game.

nothing more frustrating then getting an automatic response for your ticket and closing it with no resolution.

"what not to do in customer service 101"

I just experienced this myself. I tried relogging and resetting my phases and there wasn't anything that seemed to work. I just came back to the game today too, lol. I submitted a ticket but can't help but to feel that I will get the same response as others have received. I am afraid to drop the quest as I do not want to run into a situation where others have been unable to complete it in [solo] mode.

This happened to me too, with just one of my chars. I posted on the customer service forums last week but when I got no response after a few days, I just went straight to Rishi and started SOR without the 4 solo flashpoints. I am a little bummed though because I missed out on the special cut scene on my ship and the ~300 comms.

I did everything I was supposed to do:

1) character had never done FA storyline

2) picked up quest on my ship. Had two quests in my log: one for completing the Korriban FP and one for completing the FA storyline as a whole.

3) went and talked to Theron.

4) Given tactical FP. No Droid, no solo options offered.

I dropped both quests and restarted again, this time using the droid on the fleet. Same results. Dropped both quests a second time, and went back to my ship. Picked up quests at the terminal again. Same results.

So then I just went to Rishi. :(

I also did not receive the the Solo-Mode Droid when starting the Prelude for the first time. The Flashpoint never indicates its in solo mode.

As someone who just resubscribed to SWTOR, I am extremely disappointed that a bug of the magnitude, made it through the QA process for the new content. As a player it shakes my faith in future content releases.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the second missions but it would not let me turn in the mission. I must have done something wrong? I was going to redo the missions but it will not give me the droid. I keep dying.

I tried restarting from my ship but nothing works, what do I do?

The same thing happened to me today. No Shan in the cantina and nothing to interact with. Tried all the "fixes" to no avail. Im glad I only came back for 7 free days and pissed that I spent $20 for the expansion. This thread was started back in December. Why the hell hasnt it been fixed?

No Shan in the cantina and nothing to interact with.

Sounds like you are talking a different thing than what this thread is about. When the quest tells you to meet Theron Shan, you need to click on a small bottle on the counter, that way you'll start the conversation and can continue with your quest.

Same problem here, except I know I completed the depths of Manaan in solo mode but now my story line is saying that I didn't complete it. Obviously the game knows I did and won't allow me to do the Flashpoint in SOLO mode again, but the story line is stuck at that point as if I did not complete it.

After two tickets and a phone call to tech support to confirm I had not encountered some weird game bug, it appears all my frustration was for naught.

Kudos and thanks to Fredsun at tech support for helping me. I do wholeheartedly appreciate his help.

That being said, the developers have let me down a little by not making certain items about the new quest line clear. First, it appears you can only do the solo mode one time and that is only if you have not completed the quest line on any character. I completed the first three FP's on one character prior to the patch but was stymied because none of my other characters were given a solo option after the patch. Turns out, clearing it one time was enough to prevent the solo option from even appearing. Yet the game offered nothing that informed me of this.

What?!!?!?!

What if you have an imp toon and pub toon and you want to see the storyline from both sides?

• 1 month later...

I can't continue story line with that point too. Can't do Forget Alliances Part 2 because I've got information that I have more same FP's with different difficulty and I have to choose one. I was trying to abandon this FP and all other, and even Shadow of Revan as well, and nothing helps. Reseting active phases doesn't help too. I can't enter Forget Alliance Part 2, though I did without any problem all earlier quests and solo FP's, part 1 for example. It's my second char with which I want to do storyline again. But now I'm stuck. It's really frustrating, and I don't understand why I can't continue story. Does it mean that I will not do story on Rishii, Yavin and Ziost? It's really sad because I wanted to make my second char as main. My friend does all those story lines from Shadow of Revan with all his characters and he doesn't have any problem.

Maybe a reason is that I did with this char this FP as tactical one before? Any advice how can I have fixed my issue?

Edited by Ainella
Changed mind after reading again.