Question on allignment

supercometl

With the ""recent"" change in how alignment works, I have wondered something but never took the time to try it out, and was wondering if anyone else knows the answer.

Throughout your class story there are multiple decisions that impact the next chapter's surrounding circumstances, and by the end of the story there is a binary "you were good" or "you were bad" moment. For the sake of discussion, we will call them nox and imperious. (Since they are the most spoiler friendly) While at the same time you could make these choices counter to your toggle. These toggles most likely will determine your alignment, especially if you do a lot of heroics. So you could theoretically end with a light 4 character with a fully dark side story path.

If I had the alignment toggle set to dark side, but only ever made light side class choices, would my ending be dark side, or light side?

With the ""recent"" change in how alignment works, I have wondered something but never took the time to try it out, and was wondering if anyone else knows the answer.

Throughout your class story there are multiple decisions that impact the next chapter's surrounding circumstances, and by the end of the story there is a binary "you were good" or "you were bad" moment. For the sake of discussion, we will call them nox and imperious. (Since they are the most spoiler friendly) While at the same time you could make these choices counter to your toggle. These toggles most likely will determine your alignment, especially if you do a lot of heroics. So you could theoretically end with a light 4 character with a fully dark side story path.

If I had the alignment toggle set to dark side, but only ever made light side class choices, would my ending be dark side, or light side?

Could depend on how many Crew Skill missions you send your companions on as they would gain points based on your alignment toggle. However, from what I've seen, the choices you make in conversations usually outweigh those missions, so you very well may end up with a Light Side ending. Anyone feel free to correct me on this.

I have done as you said, dark side toggle but only light side choices, and I still ended up with more dark side points than light. Remember, you don't just get alignment points from missions but also from each kill. Whichever side you have your DvL toggle set to that is the side your character is going to eventually go. Making opposing alignment choices will only slow, but not stop, the inexorable slide to one side or the other. Whether you end up with a light side, dark side, or even neutral ending, such as in the case of Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius, will only depend on your characters alignment and not the choices you made. So, for example, even if you've made a number of light side choices if your DvL toggle was set to dark your entire play through then you may have earned enough dark side points to earn you the title of Nox. Depending on how you play the two may come close to cancelling each other out but the moment you stop running content that gives you alignment dialog choices you'll start slipping toward whichever side your toggle is set to due to just killing things.

Probably still dark side. You get alignment points for every enemy you kill and every mission you complete, and as time goes on those points far outstrip the points you get for story decisions.

Most of my toons are either Light V or Dark V and it in no way reflects their decisions; it's just the side I left the button on.