remove credits limit for free to play and Preferred players.

Spikanor

this is really the first online game that has still a credits limit for free to play players and Preferred players.

if bioware was doing it others then remove the credits limit for free to play players and preferred then at some point there will become a sub members also for some time since the other things like level limit is something that some players then wane go sub up for.

and whats the point off it now i bet most off the players are thinking first before there gone download this game from if i gone play it like free to play what it is then i can only play it for 50% off the game and not for the full 100% and thats something most new players are thinking each time now from do i wane play a free to play game only for 50% when other game's that are free to play i can play it for the full 100% that there are no credits limit or so that i can have.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we won't mention all those tiny irrelevant MMORPGs that limit non-subs to level 20 (or something similar). Small ones that you've probably never heard of, like one I found the other day, called World of Warcraft.

but the question is then to you how good is the population then on that type game's still i think also not much more.

at sone point you need to chance things hard to get new players that wane play the game.

the population from this game is also not big more like it was 4/5 years ago and things have chance hard that force players to quit.

if most off the EX sub players still wane play the game but not wane pay for a sub more and lose lot off the things there need like the credits limit then there quit the game only faster.

you have also read that benefits from sub's is not that great any more.

4 years ago a sub got plenty off benefits like exp boost and other extra stuff you get from some missions you have compleet.

and most off the sub benefits you get now are worthless more if you read the other topic's you see that becoming sub is not that great more like it was 4/5 years ago.

but the question is then to you how good is the population then on that type game's still i think also not much more.

at sone point you need to chance things hard to get new players that wane play the game.

the population from this game is also not big more like it was 4/5 years ago and things have chance hard that force players to quit.

if most off the EX sub players still wane play the game but not wane pay for a sub more and lose lot off the things there need like the credits limit then there quit the game only faster.

you have also read that benefits from sub's is not that great any more.

4 years ago a sub got plenty off benefits like exp boost and other extra stuff you get from some missions you have compleet.

and most off the sub benefits you get now are worthless more if you read the other topic's you see that becoming sub is not that great more like it was 4/5 years ago.

I have been a sub since launch and would never consider going F2P or Preferred. I believe it is worth the $15.00 a month (or in my case $16 -taxes) for me to support the game . I find things to do that are worth my sub from solo activities to activities playing with my guild and/or boyfriend. As far as not being worth it to sub that is a personal opinion which some will agree with or some will disagree with. That is the beauty of having various opinions, everyone has one but not everyone is going to agree with it.

They increased the credit limit just recently but removing the credit limit completely for free to play and preferred players is not a good idea in my opinion.

you call what first 200k and 350k credits limit was to make it for free to play and preferred players to make it max 1 mill credits there can have wow thats still notting.

and that after years there gone add for free to play players 800k more and preferred gets 650k more credits limit.

then bioware most chance it big then if there not wane remove it.

free to play players get a 10mill max credits limit.

preferred players get a 20mill max credits limit.

thats what better then there have done now.

you call what first 200k and 350k credits limit was to make it for free to play and preferred players to make it max 1 mill credits there can have wow thats still notting.

and that after years there gone add for free to play players 800k more and preferred gets 650k more credits limit.

then bioware most chance it big then if there not wane remove it.

free to play players get a 10mill max credits limit.

preferred players get a 20mill max credits limit.

thats what better then there have done now.

Merely yet again another player who's currently subbing (as we can tell by the OP's ability to post on these forums) wishing to cancel his sub (or his remaining time is already running out) and simply doesn't want to have to maintain his subscription in order to do what he's currently doing now.

It's like someone publicly begging to keep his 4,000-square-foot house but no longer willing to pay his mortgage.

If you want to go preferred, there's coffee and beds at the local mission.

If you want to keep the mansion, sub.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I think the 1M limit for F2P is fine, but IMO, the limit for Prefered should still be higher than the one for F2P, especially for former subs.

Maybe a possibility to get a higher limit of X amount of credits for every month the player has been a sub, for instance go from 1M to 1.5M for 1 month of being a sub, then 2M for 2 months and so on.

Merely yet again another player who's currently subbing (as we can tell by the OP's ability to post on these forums) wishing to cancel his sub (or his remaining time is already running out) and simply doesn't want to have to maintain his subscription in order to do what he's currently doing now.

It's like someone publicly begging to keep his 4,000-square-foot house but no longer willing to pay his mortgage.

Hey there Ratajack! Why are you using xordevoreaux's account? ((joke))

here is a question i wane ask you.

why is this game not pay for play then?

maybe the reason is that if there make it only pay to play there lose a lot off players and no new players are coming to try it out and the game is death.

and still to give preferred the same credits limit as free to play is stupid since preferred got all most extra things but then give then the same credits limit as free to play is stupid.

preferred needs a max credit off 10 mill for sure.

and still to give preferred the same credits limit as free to play is stupid since preferred got all most extra things but then give then the same credits limit as free to play is stupid.

preferred needs a max credit off 10 mill for sure.

I'll admit that I thought that raising both limits to the same amount was a mistake, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "stupid", just "wrong".

That said, I don't think a 10:1 disparity is appropriate. The old disparity was 1.75:1, and that was plenty, but I'd go for round numbers, and make it 2:1 (2 million for Pref, 1 million for F2P).

Nothing that's *needed* to play the (main) game costs enough to justify raising the Pref limit any higher than that, especially when you consider that Pref accounts can stash excess credits in their legacy storage and pull them out when they want to buy interesting things that are below the credit limit.

And no, Fashion Wars: the Old Catwalk (aka Space Barbie) is not part of the main game. That's about the only thing that really costs lots of credits.

No, the credit limits are there for a reason. If you want the full credit limit, sub. The question should be , can the limit be increased. Yes, along the lines of what steve posted above. Everything in the game (apart from fashion) would be affordable, and they could still store excess in their legacy bank.

I'll admit that I thought that raising both limits to the same amount was a mistake, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "stupid", just "wrong".

That said, I don't think a 10:1 disparity is appropriate. The old disparity was 1.75:1, and that was plenty, but I'd go for round numbers, and make it 2:1 (2 million for Pref, 1 million for F2P).

Nothing that's *needed* to play the (main) game costs enough to justify raising the Pref limit any higher than that, especially when you consider that Pref accounts can stash excess credits in their legacy storage and pull them out when they want to buy interesting things that are below the credit limit.

And no, Fashion Wars: the Old Catwalk (aka Space Barbie) is not part of the main game. That's about the only thing that really costs lots of credits.

still 2 mill credits limit is still notting in the economy from today.

what about stull like mod's for you adeptieve armor and weapons.

since few update's i think there have add new versions off mod's that are much better then the old one's but to get the right level off mod item you need for you char to become stronger is rare to buy in the GTN's since most off the players not sell then or craft any more.

then the option is to craft then on your own but with the stuff you need to craft then is at some point also hard to farm it on your own and you need to buy the craft materials from other players on the GTN but the price's there are selling and the higher stacks there are selling it like in stacks off 100 or 500 the price for it is most time's more then 1 mill credits or 2 mill credits is also about the grade off craft material you need.

then is a credits limit from 2 mill still notting for a preferred player.

and steve if there remove the credit limit for preferred players and free for all then you can allways nerf the exp for then that there level up what slower then now then there can buy a Subscription for the exp boost or also a option buy the exp boost's from the Cartel market with Cartel coins then there got 2 options to get exp booster or there wane level slower and slower.

They increased the credit limit just recently but removing the credit limit completely for free to play and preferred players is not a good idea in my opinion.

I agree with this. Gold sellers would take advantage of no limit to Credits on F2P accounts.

I agree with this. Gold sellers would take advantage of no limit to Credits on F2P accounts.

so long there are players selling there credits and buying there credits from gold sellers then you keep having this problem same will happing if this game is only playfull for sub's then you keep the gold sellers thill nobody buys and sells to then.

and so long there are type players that not wane work for there credits to get something or think there can live from selling credits for real money you always keep the gold sellers in the game and notting will be chance.

and since bioware or EA is doing notting against the players that are using this game for making real money then the gold sellers will not stop and keep going.

and all MMORPG game's have this gold sellers problems and non off then has fix it.

i know 1 game that has a server in the US and that game is gold sellers free and its full free to play since the GMS there do there work.

and from the same game the EU version got a lot off gold sellers since the same game gm's is doing notting against on that server.

These stupid Limit are only hurting Swtor . It frustrate player into subbing.

I guess they rather peoples sub out of frustration then actual LOVE. Who cares, LOVE is overrated..anyway.

Every other MMO I play don't have 'Limit''..and they are just DYINNNNNNNNG ! :D

Why would they give a hoot about people who aren't paying?

It costs them money to have F2P and Preferred players using their servers. Now getting people into the game clearly is worth it to them up to a point, but if every "remove X restriction from F2P" demand we have on here got implemented, we would no long have subs at all, and everything would have to go through the cash shop (and people complain about nickel and dimeing now...)

Why would they give a hoot about people who aren't paying?

It costs them money to have F2P and Preferred players using their servers. Now getting people into the game clearly is worth it to them up to a point, but if every "remove X restriction from F2P" demand we have on here got implemented, we would no long have subs at all, and everything would have to go through the cash shop (and people complain about nickel and dimeing now...)

who tells you there not will sub more at some point.

we talk here about credits only not about the other things you get for free to use in a subscription like: exp boost, beter item drop rate, free cartel market coins each month and go on.

if players wane use a animal mount and there are preferred or free to play there need to buy cartal coins with real money.

if there wane level up fast there need to buy exp boosters from the cartal market with cartal coins.

if there wane use a adaptive armor set that you only can buy from the cartal market there buy cartal coins.

preferred and free to all players use faster there real money for cartal coins then for subscriptions.

then there are still paying like sub players only in a diffrend way.

and there is also a other thing bioware can add in the cartal market for preferred players only to risce there max lvl limit from 60 to 75 item there can add in the cartal market and the player can use it only on that char to risce the max level limit from 60 to 75 for that char only that means if the preferred player wane chance the max level limit from 60 to 75 on 2 chars he most buy it 2 time's then.

will for subs its free to have there max limit 75.

there are a lot off things subs get for free and preferred players most pay it to get it with real money.

Edited by Spikanor

Logic does, and Dutchman is right. The point of having restrictions is to entice people to sub.

Remove the restrictions, there's no point in subbing.

credits are a small thing off the game.

if you are woried there not gone spent real money in the game then here is something to think also about it.

if players keep selling stuff there have buy from the central market and keep selling it on the GTN's then the normal free to play and preferred players spent no real money in the game.

but if bioware chance it to bount to Legacy then free to play players and preferred need to spent real money to get the cosmetic stuff like a mount or gear.

but so long we are keep selling central market items on the GTN only to make some credits for it

and thats how most off the game's i know are still runing after 10+ years since there make it account binded what you buy in that game shop and not cant sell it to other players in the game.

then can a free to play player have a lot off credits but still cant have any stuff like that since he not wane spent real money.

credits are a small thing off the game.

if you are woried there not gone spent real money in the game then here is something to think also about it.

if players keep selling stuff there have buy from the central market and keep selling it on the GTN's then the normal free to play and preferred players spent no real money in the game.

but if bioware chance it to bount to Legacy then free to play players and preferred need to spent real money to get the cosmetic stuff like a mount or gear.

but so long we are keep selling central market items on the GTN only to make some credits for it

and thats how most off the game's i know are still runing after 10+ years since there make it account binded what you buy in that game shop and not cant sell it to other players in the game.

then can a free to play player have a lot off credits but still cant have any stuff like that since he not wane spent real money.

Obviously, based on your continued flawed defense of what you've proposed, the time spent by everyone in this thread, including me, trying to explain the real-world repercussions of what you are suggesting, has been a complete waste.

You fail to acknowledge the simple truths we've mentioned, so we are done here.