The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Obviously, you have never experienced one of those big lag spikes. I don't know if it is server specific or if it can happen on all servers.

- You can get up to 17000ms latency (not sure if it goes higher, 17k is highest I've ever experienced)

- You can move within small area when you're lagging but you can't do anything.

- You can hear all the noises and sounds around you but nothing moves around your character.

- You can go from full HP to zero HP when game updates again. Depending on latency and how long it will take to kill your character.

- Worst thing about it is that latency can drop to normal level at some point and game seems to work well again for a short time until it starts again.

Yeah I've seen terrible lag before, and experienced it before too (ever played WoW on dial-up? I have, lol), but there are tell-tale signs that a person is lagging and when they're BSing you because they have no idea what they're doing and this person gave all the signs that something was up with him and not his connection.

I swear I had a core meltdown run like that the other day on my dps powertech. The shadow tank insisted on guarding the healer, who of course only had a little over 20k life.

For sure undergeared healers often can't do it, but I'd like to speak up in their support some: I've had some very good 20k-ish healers in HM's, including a sage a while ago (pre 78's, so it wasn't a total carry or anything) just a shade over 20k who really kept us topped off the whole way through Cademimu. He didn't even have any purple 58's! Core Meltdown is tougher, but I've seen 23k healers do fine even without a terribly overgeared tank.

I think if the low-20's-k healer has just leveled up and is new, you're likely in for a rough time. But if someone is experienced, having healed on other characters or in other games (or just new but good) it can be fine. There's a large skill difference in healers you'll find in group finder/pugs.

Sure, 20-23k is undergeared for these, and maybe you shouldn't be subjecting the people in group finder to your healing practice, but I'm in support of undergeared players trying things and seeing what they can do! (But I also think it's reasonable to ask them if they think they're up for it, and to say you're going to have to look for another healer if it's clearly not working.)

For sure undergeared healers often can't do it, but I'd like to speak up in their support some: I've had some very good 20k-ish healers in HM's, including a sage a while ago (pre 78's, so it wasn't a total carry or anything) just a shade over 20k who really kept us topped off the whole way through Cademimu. He didn't even have any purple 58's! Core Meltdown is tougher, but I've seen 23k healers do fine even without a terribly overgeared tank.

I think if the low-20's-k healer has just leveled up and is new, you're likely in for a rough time. But if someone is experienced, having healed on other characters or in other games (or just new but good) it can be fine. There's a large skill difference in healers you'll find in group finder/pugs.

Sure, 20-23k is undergeared for these, and maybe you shouldn't be subjecting the people in group finder to your healing practice, but I'm in support of undergeared players trying things and seeing what they can do! (But I also think it's reasonable to ask them if they think they're up for it, and to say you're going to have to look for another healer if it's clearly not working.)

coincidentally i was in this situation last monday night, during my guild's flashpoint mondays, recently got my ops healer to 55 and she's mostly in 156's with one or two 140s and one or two 162s i've run healers in many MMOs and i know how to heal (also got a 55 merc healer), i've been healing HMs this last week or two to get her gear for ops nights (she's successfully healed NiM EV/KP and most other HM FPs but we then got into Core Meltdown, and i have to say, there was no way i could heal thru the desert sandstorm fight. she's got 24.7k hp and she was going down before we got to the generators once they popped. we wiped a few times, and i told my guildies that it wasn't happening, they all insisted it wasn't my fault or anything, but it clearly was me being undergeared. To me it wasn't fair to keep enlarging their repair bills just to try to make me feel better.

i have to say though, for the hardcore healer, there is nothing more frustrating to see ppl die on your watch when they not doing anything wrong (dps jumping before tank, etc).

HS fp. sin tank ,sin dps ,me sniper, merc heals

damn it. wish SWTOR had a mechanism to just give loot to one who needed it who actually needs it for their gear. like cunning gear for a sniper rather than an assassin dps. i mean. i lost 3 loot. vibroknife sniper rifle and chest. wish they have a fix on this via system. he was f2p and kept needing it even after explaining everything >.>

and ofc assassin needs those. so he won all 3 cunning gear which were upgrade for me.

Yeah, with how they copied most of it from another game in the first place, they need to copy the rest.. Make it so if you aren't a cunning based PLAYER you cannot roll need on a cunning item, only greed.

I'm always amazed at low level FPs and the people that are in there. When I'm leveling an alt and queue for below level 30 FPs I almost always get bad players. The worst kind of players are actually the ones who are bad, but think they know it all and refuse to listen to advice. The fact that I'm leveling a dps right now just makes this worse. I wait for an hour for the GF to pop, then I get a bad tank who won't listen to advice, and I can't do anything, I have to get along, because if they kick me or quit I'm in for another 1 hour wait.

Yesterday, Red Reaper, we get a guardian tank and a commando healer. Tank and healer wants us to attack the tanks initial target only. I point out that this is not going to work, since all the other mobs will go for the healer this way. No one listens, so I play along just to prove a point. We pull (we even CC some of the mobs) we kill the targets one by one, but as expected the other mobs go for the healer in the meantime and he dies. I do some offhealing and we survive somehow. After the fight I point out that this is exactly what I was talking about, but on the next pull they still expect the dps to do the same. The healer was basically tanking throughout the whole FP,. And I have to play along, cause if I get kicked or leave it's another hour of waiting for me.

I queue for RR again then and I get the same healer, who is demanding the same tactics again. And he is tanking again throughout the whole FP and dying a lot of course.

Yesterday, Red Reaper, we get a guardian tank and a commando healer.

Oef ... Red Reaper. As a tank or healer this is real major pain in the blieb. On my healer the tank rarely gets the aggro of the mobs who spawn whenever you come to close to the hallway. Last run I had a tank and DPS who were that oblvious that I even had to run a circle round the shutlle. I even typed incoming the moment I saw the dreaded red blobs on my map.

I'm surprised none asked for a nerve tbh (not that it needs a nerve. Its just a major tank/dps/heal check. The 1st one besides the bonus boss at Taral).

Oef ... Red Reaper. As a tank or healer this is real major pain in the blieb. On my healer the tank rarely gets the aggro of the mobs who spawn whenever you come to close to the hallway. Last run I had a tank and DPS who were that oblvious that I even had to run a circle round the shutlle. I even typed incoming the moment I saw the dreaded red blobs on my map.

I'm surprised none asked for a nerve tbh (not that it needs a nerve. Its just a major tank/dps/heal check. The 1st one besides the bonus boss at Taral).

first mob is really easy and next one upstairs if you have sentinal or smuggler class. flash bang or awe the group and kill one by one in order. easy and no deaths. i have done it quite a few times with no deaths.

Well, at least commandos get heavy armor. Better than tanking with a Scoundrel or Sage! And I'm speaking from experience here. My commando healer probably tanks approximately 50% of the flashpoints she joins... My sage, on the other hand, almost never has that problem. It's actually kind of fun, if you succeed in healer-tanking an entire flashpoint. Feels rather like when you do a Heroic 4 with just your healer and 3 really lousy DPS.

Just had a weird tank or rather clueless tank. Cademimu HM fp.

shadow tank 35k sage dps 32k commando dps 32k and me scoundrel 30k.

first pull tank asks for droid cc and opens with aoe attacks and breaks it twice. no worries as its not needed anyway. says sorry i broke it and i say "np as long as no one dies"

right after the elevator and passing through mob, tank "los pull" for 5-6 weak enemies? i said "lets just kill it and 2 dps and we went ahead and tank had to oblige and we kill it with ease.

then right before droid and man boss fight. since we had 2 stealth i said "we can skip this mob as we were passing through patrol droid.

tank "yup" and i am moving ahead to cc the silver strong guy and guess what? tank and dps are losng health. tank went staright into mob behind in that room near that table. oh well. i rush back and heal and barely keeping tank alive and 1 dps dies. as scoundrel healing is slower healing, damage was too much as 2 mob and 1 droid was there. we finish that and then i cc the guy again.

only to see tank start with project on other silver guy. oh well., here we go again. i rush to my another emergency healing session and we made through that one. and at droid boss fight. no one talks and i thought ok they all know fight.

how wrong was i? tank went and starts on man. and then droid come alive and our trouble starts.

tank spanking man still while he is targeted. then realises too late and runs(without using force speed) back and droid after following him for few seconds tank gets trapped in circle. go figure. i keep them alive through that and next circle comes and sage dps gets trapped in it. i am like.. seriously?

then tank gets back to his routine of spanking man boss. and i get the droid and i bring him to circle and commando starts hitting droid. sage is dead btw. i cant keep 2 people alive who are in cages.

i type "attack droid" in chat when i put droid in circle. but tank is too busy hitting that man. and finally droid gets back

i ask in chat again to hit droid and its not SM have to kill droid first before man. but tank is too busy and i was trying to heal tank and get away too as i was targeted again and sage asks for revive and while i was doing all this i get trapped and we wipe.

sage leaves the group after 2 deaths for him. and btw he didnt use his self heal or force armor on tank or himself when it was much needed on those crazy pulls. some sage.

then after respawn. this is how it goes.

me: tank, have you done this fp in HM mode?

tank : its been a while. forgot that we should kill droid first.

(me thinking) ok we still have hope.

tank: i hate this fp anyway

tank: good luck

chat message: tank left the group.

i mean ***? he screws it up. and then leaves? even when mechanics were explained?

me and commando still in queue. no luck yet on another. well we will get eventually by the time i finish dailies i guess.

Edited by Deadlynits

Also, it's not real evidence, you could have theoretically just edited someone's message. I hope their forums allow them to see the edit history of posts, so evidence isn't needed. Those referrals are getting annoying.

Well, I guess we should get back to the topic of the thread :x

i once ran Foundry SM with my Marauder and had a healer who would only heal the tank, period. now the tank was as i recall fairly decent, but no tank can have an easy time keeping all of the adds focused on him, and me im more than willing to pull Adds off of the healer, my main is a Sin tank and my in your face fighting attitude is great for pulling adds off the healer. i tell the guy repeatedly in chat to heal us DPS, he is doing a great job with the tank and luckily the Tank is good enough that we DPS don't die except when it came to HK-47. the DPS have to keep the adds off of the healer to prevent the healer dieing, or being too busy healing himself. the problem is however that without any heals me and the other DPS cant keep soaking add damage so we get killed by the adds, without us agroing the Adds it causes a wipe. after that i voted to kick the guy, me and the other DPS were pretty pissed and the tank as well knew it was bad for us, rest of it was a breeze with a new healer who knew better.

i once ran Foundry SM with my Marauder and had a healer who would only heal the tank, period. now the tank was as i recall fairly decent, but no tank can have an easy time keeping all of the adds focused on him, and me im more than willing to pull Adds off of the healer, my main is a Sin tank and my in your face fighting attitude is great for pulling adds off the healer. i tell the guy repeatedly in chat to heal us DPS, he is doing a great job with the tank and luckily the Tank is good enough that we DPS don't die except when it came to HK-47. the DPS have to keep the adds off of the healer to prevent the healer dieing, or being too busy healing himself. the problem is however that without any heals me and the other DPS cant keep soaking add damage so we get killed by the adds, without us agroing the Adds it causes a wipe. after that i voted to kick the guy, me and the other DPS were pretty pissed and the tank as well knew it was bad for us, rest of it was a breeze with a new healer who knew better.

maybe a word from tank was all it needed? like "heal the other dps as well as they will eventually get atleast aoe damage and cant keep all off you all time and some may slip past my aggro?" something like that. i dont care at all and i heal all usually. only if it comes to such end that dps start pulling ahead and its hard for me to keep all alive. only then i start complaining to dps. but healing dps/tank or me or anyone for that matter in group is what we signed up for. i dont mind dying and i usually wont heal myself until i am around 30-50% health. unless i am pretty sure there is a 50%+ health loss move is about to come from boss

should have just explained him i think, as it will be bad habit to jjust heal tank. and ofcourse he was doing a good job. healing only 1 and/or himself wont need much skill :p but tank should have spoken imo. we wont continue until you heal others something to make him understand lol;)

I gotta say, maing...

Lost Island [HARD] with a good group wherein all know the fights, and their class/role is a beautiful thing :) (No, you don't need fully-augmented set-bonussed 78s, all you need is to know, and to obey precisely, the mechanics.)

Yes, even that annoying bonus-boss, dropped like a sack of bricks!

GG guys, nicely-done, and T/Y for group :)

I was leveling my Merc and queued for level 20ish FPs. I got Athiss, and I was heals. I knew it was going to be bad when the tank and other DPS dropped down the long way instead of taking the elevator I sliced, but I usually don't judge by then. Anyways, before the first pull the tank sends me a whisper/tell (he was a jugg) and demanded I give him lead. I asked why and he said he wants the Strength gear that drops in the FP . I responded with, well roll need then. He replied in all caps GIVE ME LEAD. So I said, give me a reason to. He then informed me that strength gear won't drop because I am lead and I'm a merc. I lol'd and said that's not how loot work, bro. We got past the first 2 pulls and some random mob dropped green aim gear and then the tank left. Needless to say ALL of the bosses dropped strength gear. I tried to whisper him back and link the gear but much to my chagrin adding someone to ignore blocks you from whispering them as well. I was sad I was unable to disprove him because I had him on ignore, but whatever. I thought it was hilarious he wanted lead so he could get strength gear that wasn't going to drop otherwise and all the gear save for that 1 aim item was strength gear. Otherwise, it was a smooth run. A few deaths of the Mara pulling stuff by accident, but he apologized and we got done. It's times like these that make me lol really hard. Edited by Tailsfortales
Speeling iz hurd (Spelling mistakes)

I was leveling my Merc and queued for level 20ish FPs. I got Athiss, and I was heals. I knew it was going to be bad when the tank and other DPS dropped down the long way instead of taking the elevator I sliced, but I usually don't judge by then. Anyways, before the first pull the tank sends me a whisper/tell (he was a jugg) and demanded I give him lead. I asked why and he said he wants the Strength gear that drops in the FP . I responded with, well roll need then. He replied in all caps GIVE ME LEAD. So I said, give me a reason to. He then informed me that strength gear won't drop because I am lead and I'm a merc. I lol'd and said that's not how loot work, bro. We got past the first 2 pulls and some random mob dropped green aim gear and then the tank left. Needless to say ALL of the bosses dropped strength gear. I tried to whisper him back and link the gear but much to my chagrin adding someone to ignore blocks you from whispering them as well. I was sad I was unable to disprove him because I had him on ignore, but whatever. I thought it was hilarious he wanted lead so he could get strength gear that wasn't going to drop otherwise and all the gear save for that 1 aim item was strength gear. Otherwise, it was a smooth run. A few deaths of the Mara pulling stuff by accident, but he apologized and we got done. It's times like these that make me lol really hard.

All unrealistic demands are met with the same "GFURself brohsef" from me.

That guy was a tool.

I was leveling my Merc and queued for level 20ish FPs. I got Athiss, and I was heals. I knew it was going to be bad when the tank and other DPS dropped down the long way instead of taking the elevator I sliced, but I usually don't judge by then.

I really don't care if someone sliced the elevator. Jumping down and healing is still faster. Even when I have slicing, I don't use it there.

I really don't care if someone sliced the elevator. Jumping down and healing is still faster. Even when I have slicing, I don't use it there.

actually this is quite true and less hastle. as you dont ahve to wait for that person to slice it or for elevator to start functioning and go down.

Had a funny run just now HS HM fp. me scoundrel 69/72 mix. guardian tank 41k. sage 25k sentinal 27k.

First i repaired the drill. but tank was fixated on elite droid, went ahead and jumped. all rushed and killed it. i asked "shortcut?"

no reply. went ahead and started pulling one after the other. i was little pissed since he didnt reply. but thought he might want bonus. so alright.

Droid boss.

Tank: "cleanse me at 5 stacks"

Tank: "or else all"

tank:"die"

me:" i know how to cleanse, dont worry" (i was annoyed by his ways already and no one was in any trouble till now with health")

i cleanse at 4. so i did it at 4. just my way of doing. i know it can be done at 5 but thats my choice. and there was no issue. he didnt dodge small droids 2-3 times. but oh well. i healed it anyway. al lwas fine.

then the los pull next mob. tank went and stood at los place. both dps are peaking at 1strong and 1 weak mob. i sensed trouble, was trying to type los pull. and tank started already. and sage being range. stood there and started dpsing. the 3 strong driods came and ate the sage in 2 seconds. i couldnt heal through that damage.

sage apologised. but i felt it was also tanks fault since a little "los" would have sufficed there.

tank:"stand where tank stands is basic"

me:"los word would have avoided the trouble"

well, then everything went fine and the pulls were one after another without break anyway. but i knew how to save energy and where to spend.

then the 2 champ droids. i cced second 1 right after he started. but sage was attacking it. i kept ccing it. i was determined to keep it cced. (i tend to say, i am ccing it. so dont attack by ccing it again) its bound to go to their head at some point. and since sage was in tele tree. she was ST dps anyway.

tank " stop ccing it"

i understand it doesnt need cc as i can heal through it. but since it was sentinal and tele tree sage and guardian who are all mainly single target dpsers. is it too hard to avoid hitting other? i just dont get it. i can also help burn it down if other is cced and aiming at 1 target with 4 is faster and easier. pfffttt

i was really pissed by that time. until then i was also dpsing as we had little less dps from 2 as it took forever to down torche and other 2 champs before. i stopped caring and just started healing whenever required. (practically did nothing for seconds)

we got 80 bonus kill in next mob. and no one asked for 2 extra elites. we didnt even had to kill the bonus boss. oh well. i didnt bother asking knowing how our tank was very reply friendly.

then the final boss. i went to right. and 2 dps stood in front with tank. tank didnt avoid it either. and "leap frogged to champ" somehow those 2 dodged the spray for my luck. then the fun. when adds came. first they came for me or sage. as we were nearest. if i got adds i used to run to sage to bring her to attention of adds. thefun part is, as soon as she saw adds. she started running away from them:o and past tank and sentinal and to console area. i was like... arent you supposed to kill them?:eek: the poor sentinal ran around and killed them. that sage thought range wont work at near. she used to go far and dps. even the weak 2 adds.

i wonder how she manages to avoid fire in cademimu last boss being ranged at 35m. must be really fun to bath in fire while dpsing.:confused:

Edited by Deadlynits

then the final boss. i went to right. and 2 dps stood in front with tank. tank didnt avoid it either. and "leap frogged to champ" somehow those 2 dodged the spray for my luck. then the fun. when adds came. first they came for me or sage. as we were nearest. if i got adds i used to run to sage to bring her to attention of adds. thefun part is, as soon as she saw adds. she started running away from them:o and past tank and sentinal and to console area. i was like... arent you supposed to kill them?:eek: the poor sentinal ran around and killed them. that sage thought range wont work at near. she used to go far and dps. even the weak 2 adds.

i wonder how she manages to avoid fire in cademimu last boss being ranged at 35m. must be really fun to bath in fire while dpsing.:confused:

Wow, if this was SM, I would understand, but by the time you get to HM, you really should know better. I had a SM Cademimu tank (PT) once who was absolutely certain that if he stood dead center of the room for the final boss, he would be safe from the fire. The healer (Sorc) and the other DPS (Merc) decided to join him. That was a very short fight. My Sniper ended just running into the fire to get it over with.

Edited by Dontelar

actually this is quite true and less hastle. as you dont ahve

*snip*

I think you meant to say "have". ;)

I would pay to see that Cademimu boss fight with that Sage, Athiss would be another place where I would love to see the 35m range used fully, :D

Wow, if this was SM, I would understand, but by the time you get to HM, you really should know better. I had a SM Cademimu tank (PT) once who was absolutely certain that if he stood dead center of the room for the final boss, he would be safe from the fire. The healer (Sorc) and the other DPS (Merc) decided to join him. That was a very short fight. My Sniper ended just running into the fire to get it over with.

You're not on ToFN by chance? Because I can swear that I saw a PT pull this crap today, lucky for me the Mara didn't listen or my baby Sorc would have followed in the way of your sniper :p

Edited by toha