amount of legacy earned

MadHobbit

going from level one to fifty what is the Max legacy you can earn?

When I first hit 50, my Legacy was level 6.

That's quite precise considering I leveled my main alone, had no other characters contributing to Legacy.

Actually not THAT precise, now I am in doubt whether it was level 6 or 7. Most likely 6.

so I would need 8 chars to Max out .not counting what I would earn doing post lvl 50,
Well, after you have unlocked your legacy (which on average would be level 30-33), any xp gain after that contributes to your legacy xp.

So if you roll a new alt, it's gaining lxp for you from level 1.

Most of my lxp (level 28 and change) has probably come from post-50 FPs and Ops; I only have 2 50s (second has only been 50 since Monday night) and two others at 21 and 19 (no lxp since they were both pre-Legacy; unless it was retro-actively applied during the server transfer) and one at 12 (can't remember if he was pre or post my main completing Ch.1).

My second 50 was all post-Legacy; I think she was in her mid-30s when I hit Legacy 25, so three and a bit Legacy mid-range levels in maybe the last 15 character levels

Not wanting to make a new thread for this, but saw this thread and thought I'd ask here...

Maybe silly question, but do you keep earning XP, Legacy XP and such after lvl 50? Even though you can't level up further.

first off no, its not a silly question, the answer is yes, anything you do at level 50 that would have granted experience, (quests, flashppints, pve, pvp, even hunting datacrons i belive)

gives legacy experience as a reward as well as cash,

it is another reason to do your level 50 dailies as they are a goldmine of legacy exp and cash at the same time.

Not wanting to make a new thread for this, but saw this thread and thought I'd ask here...

Maybe silly question, but do you keep earning XP, Legacy XP and such after lvl 50? Even though you can't level up further.

No.

Not XP, anyway, and I doubt that legacy XP is an exception.

Once you hit the cap, you stop earning XP.

When they increase the level cap all of those 50s are going to have to actually go out and earn XP to hit that new cap, not just log in and discover that they had already earned enough XP to go from level 50-55.

No.

Not XP, anyway, and I doubt that legacy XP is an exception.

Once you hit the cap, you stop earning XP.

When they increase the level cap all of those 50s are going to have to actually go out and earn XP to hit that new cap, not just log in and discover that they had already earned enough XP to go from level 50-55.

besides the fact that people hardly EVER read the posts above them and barge straight from the OP to their own $0.02, this post is FILLED with wrongness (and a little rightness).

as mentioned before...

...you DO NOT GAIN CHARACTER XP after 50

...you DO, MOST DEFINITELY gain legacy xp from characters at 50.

and that's my $0.02...paid in Canadian coins!

The quickest way to gain legacy xp is to play your characters after they get to 50 - higher level missions give more xp and thus also more legacy xp. PVP, Dailies, whatever - just do something.

The amount of legacy xp you need for levels also scales pretty steeply - I'm looking at around half a million legacy xp per level now. You are never going to get that much legacy just by playing characters to 50 and then going on to the next one.

besides the fact that people hardly EVER read the posts above them and barge straight from the OP to their own $0.02, this post is FILLED with wrongness (and a little rightness).

as mentioned before...

^^ THIS

I would like to add:

...you only need to ever roll one char to eventually make it to Legacy 50 and to gain access to all Legacy features and perks (the Legacy pet unlock in 1.3 may be the first exception to that rule, for it you will need one Rep and one Emp lvl50 char)

...rested xp bonus (the green on your xp bar) does not apply to lvl50s (you may now speculate if the rested bonus does boost Legacy xp progression while leveling up Alts or if its still faster with your 50)

...at lvl 50 your character xp will show 0, once the lvl cap is raised everyone will have to xp grind through all of lvl50 to reach lvl51 and beyond.

However, just lvl up to 50 and relax. The game does not stop at lvl50 but just begins. It also helps to read all the Information ingame that is available on your Legacy window.

WRT LXP after 50, I've recently noticed that we no longer accumulate rested xp at 50. We sure as hell used to before I went on vacation (just before the rakghoul event). I got back to the game after 1.2 went live and realised that I wasn't getting any rested xp.

Note: it does tick up while we're standing in a rested area, yes, but if you zone into a rested area it resets; this includes logging on in a rested area.

as mentioned before...

Legacy XP has a cap, though.

You can gain legacy XP at 50 just fine, but when you hit the legacy cap, you stop earning it also.