Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

This doesn't make sense in Warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This doesn't make sense in Warzones

mothbanquet's Avatar


mothbanquet
02.17.2020 , 06:07 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
No, because same faction WZ's were a thing. Before cross faction it was mostly Imp vs Imp matches. Only pubs really ever got a proper imp vs pub WZ's. So imps got frequent pops, pubs got very few.
Even then in the early days, the Imp v Imp matches were all Huttball by default. I recall that drove a fair few PvPer types away early.

Nickodemous's Avatar


Nickodemous
02.19.2020 , 07:20 PM | #22
I have to admit, when I came back, I was rather upset when I found out the factions had been merged. Now, meh....don't even look at or care about factions in pvp.
Clandestu TyranticusTyranticus
Elite Warlord - Elite Warlord - Elite Warlord

The Harbinger - POT5 - Jedi Covenant

UltraFlashStar's Avatar


UltraFlashStar
02.21.2020 , 12:14 PM | #23
I do miss the Republic announcer on Ancient Hypergates...

“Enemy has captured BOTH pylons! Take one back!.”
Coppes
STAR WARS: The Last Ruffian

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.24.2020 , 06:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickodemous View Post
I have to admit, when I came back, I was rather upset when I found out the factions had been merged. Now, meh....don't even look at or care about factions in pvp.
Red is Dead

Storm-Cutter's Avatar


Storm-Cutter
02.25.2020 , 01:34 AM | #25
simple option is to make an 8-man team on your own faction and queue with them. Any on your faction on the other team are obviously traitorous defectors and need killing ASAP.

Most big guilds have PVP orientated members. That's an obvious place to start.

But TBH I'm not that bothered about who is who. For some it's immersion breaking having lightsabres that don't cut 2d6 limbs off every strike, or having guns that really kill. - It's all a matter of suspending one's disbelief, and leaping into the fray.

A kill is a kill. A win is a win. It's a Zero-sum game either way, regardless of factional makeup of any friendly or opposing group.

When it was single faction one side usually dominated. I put my Gunslinger on hiatus for several years because of the faction imbalance. Now it's free for all, they can share ( most) gear with all my snipers and shine again.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Venoom's Avatar


Venoom
02.25.2020 , 02:46 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Take away mixed teams and players on the republic side would hardly ever get to pvp. It’s why they introduced it to start with. The story has nothing to do with it.
The change was to stop pvp dying faster than it is.
If that’s too much for you to deal with, then don’t pvp.
It's not about wanting to PVP or not wanting to. It clearly does not make sense in terms of what STAR WARS is about. Have you seen a single episode when Empire decided to just hang out with republic and be best friends? This is not WOW where Horde and Alliance joins up to gang up a common enemy ( story wise) in PVP you can choose if you want to fight for the other side to speed up q's! I know that you are probably used to that because of WOW. It makes no sense story wise. There have to be boundaries and not some free for all.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
02.25.2020 , 03:01 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Venoom View Post
It's not about wanting to PVP or not wanting to. It clearly does not make sense in terms of what STAR WARS is about. Have you seen a single episode when Empire decided to just hang out with republic and be best friends? This is not WOW where Horde and Alliance joins up to gang up a common enemy ( story wise) in PVP you can choose if you want to fight for the other side to speed up q's! I know that you are probably used to that because of WOW. It makes no sense story wise. There have to be boundaries and not some free for all.
Who gives a damn? Prior to this change, pub pvp queue times were twice as long as imps. You have pve for story, and if you want to get your RP jollies on for imp vs pub pvp then join the pvp instance and do some RP wpvp.

Venoom's Avatar


Venoom
02.26.2020 , 10:11 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Who gives a damn? Prior to this change, pub pvp queue times were twice as long as imps. You have pve for story, and if you want to get your RP jollies on for imp vs pub pvp then join the pvp instance and do some RP wpvp.
A lot of people care. It's not just about YOU because you can't get your head out of your own ***. It has nothing to do with RP either. I mean it proves how arrogant you are and selfish to point at RP'ers the moment someone dislikes faction mixing. I have not played on a RP server in any game my entire life. What exactly is your point? If you want a mix fest then by all means go for it but give a choice to do so and don't force all players. You people would bend over for a $1 and self your own self for it cause you don't want to work for anything but rather have stuff given to you on a silver platter. I can say "If you don't like long PVP q's then don't PVP then"

UltraFlashStar's Avatar


UltraFlashStar
02.26.2020 , 10:15 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Venoom View Post
It's not about wanting to PVP or not wanting to. It clearly does not make sense in terms of what STAR WARS is about. Have you seen a single episode when Empire decided to just hang out with republic and be best friends? This is not WOW where Horde and Alliance joins up to gang up a common enemy ( story wise) in PVP you can choose if you want to fight for the other side to speed up q's! I know that you are probably used to that because of WOW. It makes no sense story wise. There have to be boundaries and not some free for all.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Especially if that enemy was bigger than either of them. Though this is the PvP forum and I’m here to discuss lore.
Coppes
STAR WARS: The Last Ruffian

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
02.26.2020 , 12:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Venoom View Post
A lot of people care. It's not just about YOU because you can't get your head out of your own ***. It has nothing to do with RP either. I mean it proves how arrogant you are and selfish to point at RP'ers the moment someone dislikes faction mixing. I have not played on a RP server in any game my entire life. What exactly is your point? If you want a mix fest then by all means go for it but give a choice to do so and don't force all players. You people would bend over for a $1 and self your own self for it cause you don't want to work for anything but rather have stuff given to you on a silver platter. I can say "If you don't like long PVP q's then don't PVP then"
I doubt a lot of people care. In fact, I'd say people like you are in the extreme minority. Most just want quick queue's and don't care about factions, they just want to play pvp.