Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This doesn't make sense in Warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This doesn't make sense in Warzones

Nemmar
02.13.2020 , 10:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
No, because same faction WZ's were a thing. Before cross faction it was mostly Imp vs Imp matches. Only pubs really ever got a proper imp vs pub WZ's. So imps got frequent pops, pubs got very few.
Oh wow... i didnt even remember they did that.

Yeah, that would totally break the system and everyone would stack in only one faction. Scary someone thought that would ever be a good idea.

limenutpen
02.14.2020 , 03:31 AM | #12
Some WZ make sense to be X-faction as all Huttball maps, and possibly Odessen. The rest do not make sense at all story wise.
Now the problem would be if they made the rest single faction we will have even more Huttball games popping like a 10 HB to 1 the rest games. Currently HB is like a 2 to 1.
Still I miss the times when it was single faction, games had more spirit to them and on my origin server it was important to make the Rep win especially in maps as Civil War. Guess it was Swtor early days, when most had a single or a couple toons at most.

omaan
02.14.2020 , 06:14 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
You got it backwards. Empire players would be the one with long queues. Republic ones would be near instant, cause presumably the empire population is bigger.

But otherwise, yeah. Not only on PvP imo, but in any instanced group content, faction split makes no sense. Gameplay > Sense of lore. Lore should stay on your personal instances and dailies/questing. Group content should be open to all. We aren't doing it for the " lore" we are doing for gameplay and rewards.
Lack of lore is one of the main reasons players quit swtor. They come to play star wars, to fight jedi vs sith but instead they see mixed group and jedi helping sith. Nonsense as it is. You should not think that lack of content and buggs are the only reasons people quit since the problem is complex
Support the most evil, mad and cruel sith named Stain by clicking this small link http://www.swtor.com/r/wSmNkK You will get additional 7 days of subscription while i get some goodies
May the kek be with you. Save ranked and class balance pls

mothbanquet
02.14.2020 , 07:24 AM | #14
Even if we're talking about a lore/RP perspective it would be very sad that after 12 years the Pubs and Imps are still fighting over the same three guns on Alderaan.

TrixxieTriss
02.14.2020 , 08:22 AM | #15
Jokes on you, mines white!
LoL, Mines pink

Raansu
02.14.2020 , 08:38 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Lack of lore is one of the main reasons players quit swtor. They come to play star wars, to fight jedi vs sith but instead they see mixed group and jedi helping sith. Nonsense as it is. You should not think that lack of content and buggs are the only reasons people quit since the problem is complex
I don't buy that at all. PvP is PvP.

TrixxieTriss
02.14.2020 , 09:01 AM | #17
I don't buy that at all. PvP is PvP.
Agreed. If it’s red, it’s dead. If it’s blue, it’s you. There are only two sides in pvp. The red team and the blue team. There is no imperial or republic.

I honestly don’t even look at who is empire or republic in pvp anymore. All I look at is the class icon and Merc/mando, Mara/sent (in all honesty, I just refer to them all as their imperial versions).

And who cares, you can hardly get anyone to talk to each other these days. And hardly anyone dresses in a RP fashion.

Nemmar
02.14.2020 , 09:43 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
I don't believe that for a second. People who care about lore do the story and leave until the next story drop. People care a lot less about lore than you think. Gameplay is what keeps people playing.

Anishor
02.14.2020 , 10:18 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
I don't believe that for a second. People who care about lore do the story and leave until the next story drop. People care a lot less about lore than you think. Gameplay is what keeps people playing.
Yeah I mean for the what last 3 years they've been fighting the eternal empire?
Sranishor <Penumbral | Nightlife>
Knight and Warrior

Floplag
02.14.2020 , 11:03 AM | #20
The PvE side of me agrees, however, the PvP side of me knows that these game always seem to have imbalanced factions necessitating such steps.

Even WoW has this problem and offers various bonuses and mercenary options.

PvP is a team based thing, faction really doesnt matter.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth