Remove MATs for Losing Teams, Double for Winners

Foambreaker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paying people to win, not lose, "ruins" group ranked?

Not rewarding people for participation results in less participants.

Which do you prefer:

30 minute queues facing the same good teams every time

- or -

1 minute queues facing more people, and stomping bad teams every once in a while

Edited by Eli_Porter

Not rewarding people for participation results in less participants.

Which do you prefer:

30 minute queues facing the same good teams every time

- or -

1 minute queues facing more people, and stomping bad teams every once in a while

I didn't say to remove all the rewards, just the new mat.

They should have put the new mat in regs; but they wanted to make an extra grind because they have no new content.

I realize farming the gathers is fun and all :p

Hey OP, quit qq'ing and join the fun. I've played this game since launch without ever doing g-ranked after 8v8 was killed. But we've been doing it all week for the materials and had a blast with far less than optimal gear/compositions.

Its made g-ranked an actual que system again instead of one good team sitting in que for hours and hours touching themselves.

Dont rain on the parade.

Hey OP, quit qq'ing and join the fun. I've played this game since launch without ever doing g-ranked after 8v8 was killed. But we've been doing it all week for the materials and had a blast with far less than optimal gear/compositions.

Its made g-ranked an actual que system again instead of one good team sitting in que for hours and hours touching themselves.

Dont rain on the parade.

And for those that don't enjoy it and are now forced to do something they dont like because its the best way to get pve materials?

I thought they come from master mode which is PvE yes?

There are 2 mats. 1 comes from Master mode Operations (I've also heard it's a daily reward for GF SM Ops, but this may be wrong), and command crates. The second mat is ONLY ranked PvP/Command crates. Getting this PvP mat from command crates is not a viable way for PvE players to get the PvP mat, since it drops at a VERY LOW rate, so making a group and going into Group Ranked together for daily/weeklies is the best way to get our Augments for PvE content (even if that means not caring if we get crushed in 10 seconds, or winning).

My personal opinion. Remove both PvE, and PvP mat from all activities, and make them cost UC's or Command Tokens instead.

Edited by Toraak

My personal opinion. Remove both PvE, and PvP mat from all activities, and make them cost UC's or Command Tokens instead.

It would be nice, but they won't do it. Simple: now only subscribers can access these mats, from UC everyone could.

And for those that don't enjoy it and are now forced to do something they dont like because its the best way to get pve materials?

Would you please tell us what content is it, besides ranked PvP, where you need these new augments? Afaik all PvE content can be completed without anything from 2.6.

Edited by Schoock

Oh please.. You can try to fool us but once you start having to do it to yourself as well you might as well stop.
How so? This patch isn't going to get me to start doing operations

I am OK with the fact that serious operations players will be getting a material from that content and I will not when I choose not to do it

Edited by yellow_

I was thinking more along the line of "OP wants ranked to die quickly and not pop any more." Cause the people who play ranked "just because" are almost as rare as unicorns. It's almost like... winner-take-all isn't very inviting if you don't win. Wonder why that is?

How so? This patch isn't going to get me to start doing operations

I am OK with the fact that serious operations players will be getting a material from that content and I will not when I choose not to do it

Because you cant just pick up a group of 4 people at random and clear a hm/nim ops with it.

You CAN do this with TR. It's way more accessable and therefore people feel forced to at least go and do that **** as a chore.