What car does the Vectron speeder look like?

Trintric

Specifically the Vectron's JM-13 and TM-22. It's really bugging me. They look so much like a car I've seen pictures of, but can't pin it down. It's an old car, like back when you had to put on a scarf and goggles to drive your new rich guy racing vehicle. Not quite as old as the 'Jalopy' look, but before say the 50's look. It's those chrome pipes on the side that really get me.

So, anyone have any ideas? :rak_02:

Specifically the Vectron's JM-13 and TM-22. It's really bugging me. They look so much like a car I've seen pictures of, but can't pin it down. It's an old car, like back when you had to put on a scarf and goggles to drive your new rich guy racing vehicle. Not quite as old as the 'Jalopy' look, but before say the 50's look. It's those chrome pipes on the side that really get me.

So, anyone have any ideas? :rak_02:

First time I hopped on mine I was reminded of the halcyon days of my youth watching Wacky Races during the summer holidays. I can imagine 4 other people on board with me, all using their feet to run it along, aka The Anthill Mob. If only it had a roof!

As a metalworker who has actually worked on cars like this (and hotrods and leadsleads) I'd say that it's more an emalgamation of alot of the iconic parts of cars from this era.

In short, it's an homage to the 30's-50's cars.

But as to the OP's question, I'd say the duesenberg because of the engine "pipes". (yes they existed on custom cars too, but that's not where they are famous from)

Edited by OddballEasyEight