Tanks and Healers?

RocknRadRob

I know its just the first day, but so far do you see a fair number of people playing them? Playing in the beta, I noticed most went DPS, tanks and healers seem to be on the low side, healers the lowest. Do you feel their numbers are getting better, or are people still going for the DPS?

I know its just the first day, but so far do you see a fair number of people playing them? Playing in the beta, I noticed most went DPS, tanks and healers seem to be on the low side, healers the lowest. Do you feel their numbers are getting better, or are people still going for the DPS?

In my experience, it was tanks less common than healers - but thats probably irrelevant :)

They will both be uncommon - but maybe slightly more common than in beta, because a person is more likely to roll a DPS char when facing deletion, i would assume.

Just a guess though!

Even if you heal well there will always be some kid who cries at you in chat when they die for not healing them......just not worth the hassle tbh

QFT

I love healing my friends and people I PvP with often, but I hate healing PUG Warzones for this and many other reasons. It doesn't matter if you are at the top of the healing charts or had a zillion clutch saves on someone getting beat on by several people. If even one person dies, because they charged into the zerg by themselves, you are obviously to blame.

there always seemed to be a healer available for flashpoints on darth malek (and revan before that) but tanks were rare.

Same with warzones too. Its sad because people that know what tanks contribute in pvp know that they win games. It just doesn't show up on the scoreboard as well.

Then why did you tell him to QFT?

I "Quoted Him for Truth", because he said:

Even if you heal well there will always be some kid who cries at you in chat when they die for not healing them.

And I said:

It doesn't matter if you are at the top of the healing charts or had a zillion clutch saves on someone getting beat on by several people. If even one person dies, because they charged into the zerg by themselves, you are obviously to blame.

I agreed with him, therefore I quoted him for truth in his statement. Sometimes it actually helps to read the whole post, before you troll. And I do sincerely apologize if English is not your first language; hopefully this explanation helped you.

No i don't see many people playing healers or tanks.

Most people who pvp, even Wow kiddies who fancy themselves pvp'ers, like to roll dps classes.

Tanks usually get owned pretty hard in pvp.

Healers are just terrible in tor, weak heals, long casts, ancient UI, and really who wants to stand around at the back of a group pressing 1 button over and over again while the dps classes have all the fun.

Even if you heal well there will always be some kid who cries at you in chat when they die for not healing them......just not worth the hassle tbh

Not to mention the 30% healing debuff whenever you're in combat. Played an IA:Medic (lvl 24) in beta and really felt rather trivial. Didn't have the CC to keep dps off me (1 short range aoe mez 8 sec and 1 melee range single target stun 4 sec) but trivialized by snares/stuns/leaps(charges) used on me...spells took too long to cast when compared to the dmg ONE person could put out and using 3 global cooldowns for my HoT for it to heal for ~180 every 2 seconds when everyones being hit for 1.5-2k+ on just about every hit makes it a waste of 1 global let alone 3. Biggest heal I got was about 2.5k but was being hit for 1.5-2k+ every couple of seconds so can't heal yourself let alone others. And no real damage to defend yourself.

Needless to say, healers are useless in pvp unless it's organized and you have people protecting you. At least levels 10-24.

Edited by Xippin

this thread is quickly soaking the want to roll as a healer out of me =\

Outside of pvp, I loved the medic...was still able to solo rather well and due to healing my companion when things got sticky was able to survive 2-3 elites at a time solo. Just don't expect to do much in pvp without an organized group or at least 1-2 people watching your back. I still intend to play an IA Medic on a pvp server, but don't expect heals to mean much in pvp (outside of being voted MVP many times...but from what I could tell it means nothing more then a short ego boost), which just leads to more complaining when people die.

heh, anyone who played Warhammer Online, knows the stupidity of not rolling a tank in this game.

Actual tanks in this game = Support, and i don't mean Heals, i mean Support.

Tank + Healer can keep most DPS alive against a Huge pounding, far better then Healer + healer can in this game.