Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KarethRiker
03.31.2014 , 02:04 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
It might be hard to create but I would like to have a warzone on a sail barge above a sarlacc.

Then you have to be careful not to fall off and fight players, could be a very cool thing.
LOL. Just posted this same thing without reading your post.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

AdamLKvist
03.31.2014 , 02:05 PM | #32
I understand that people are upset and with every right, but the responses in this thread are ridicolous. No matter how they came to the conclusion that PvP needs more attention they have arrived at it all the same. Maybe all the hard work put fourth by the community has finally resulted in something?

Furthermore 2.7 is a huge PvP balance patch so to say we're not seeing an enormous improvement from the so called "DEVing" of 2013 would be a lie. People need to take a step back and see this for what it is, an aknowledgement.

I would like to urge Bioware to consider to never again create maps where you are forced to keep someone AFK. Guardian a nod, a door, a hut in Novare... Any kind of guarding means you've effectively condemned someone to "AFK", you're rewarding not participating and thats a horrible experience. As soon as you have a stealth on the team they are expected to guard or else they will get flamed.

Please, please and please - launch a map that is focused around objectives such as king of the hill (one only) - anything that means that you can work with your team and not against it (chicken race every start of civil war for example)
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN

JaingSkiratapwns
03.31.2014 , 02:05 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
Hmm, How long until this thread gets deleted or locked

That disclaimer is pretty much the same disclaimer that any product (video game or otherwise) will put on when they start asking for feedback from the community so don't freak out.

Seriously, Looking at this thread is it any surprise they don't listen the pvp group...
They have never listened to the pvp community. Gotta be a pver or RPer to have biowares ear.
[INSERT WITTY COMMENT HERE]

Rasen
03.31.2014 , 02:06 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
I agree. I think they've gotten too caught up on making each new warzone completely different, for the sake of "variety", when all they need to do is take some of the existing ones and retexture, shift things around, and bam you've got yourself a new warzone.

There's nothing wrong with coming out with a new game type every so often, but it seems like it's coming at the expense of regular updates. Sometimes quantity is better than quality. Quality in this case being "each warzone is a completely different game type"
I can agree to this to some extent, but at the same time I like variety. It would be nice if they could devote resources to reskinning existing warzones as well as designing new ones.

Also I really hope this thread doesn't get derailed too much. This is actually an awesome topic that riles up the creative juices in many people. To see it buried under disgruntled players complaints or derailed by demands not pertaining to the topic would be a damn shame. Please let's actually have fun with this.

limenutpen
03.31.2014 , 02:08 PM | #35
My idea is running type of WZ where both teams enter a tunnel.

The tunnel is in reality an abandoned ship in space, and the two ships IMPs and Reps connect to it.

In this tunnel both teams try to make five consoles work, each console needs two mins for its computer to enter the command). But a console can be interrupted during its two mins run, and turn to the other faction.
To start a console it is an eight secs command, to interrupt it is 2.

The console will be in a similar position but with an important distance between them of say 100 meters.

The console is in reality giving the command so you start disengage procedure and can steal the resource this container style ship features.
For the story side we can say these where stolen crystals by Malgus and the ship was abandoned.

What I like about this;
Is that teams can spread thinner, and also need a high amount of team work to get all five consoles.
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando, Color-full: Sentinel
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut, Grandblu: Powertech, Brontolon: Sniper

ceratirose
03.31.2014 , 02:09 PM | #36
great! let me build my idea =) and ill post it later
be quiet...listen to your mind...feel the force...be free

JaingSkiratapwns
03.31.2014 , 02:10 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamLKvist View Post
Furthermore 2.7 is a huge PvP balance patch so to say we're not seeing an enormous improvement from the so called "DEVing" of 2013 would be a lie. People need to take a step back and see this for what it is, an aknowledgement.
So ranged being the only way to go when it comes to dps is balance to you? Ok..... Marauder is going to be useless, scoundrel is going to be weak without a knockdown (horribly way to handle nerfing them, should have looked at their actual damage, not their knockdown) assassin might be ok still, but then again all of the ranged have a plethora of escapes, so probably not, and powertech is outplayed by ranged as well. Meanwhile, snipers is getting a better CD with defense screen, sorc is getting a lot of QoL buffs plus access to their root breaker for every spec, and enduring bastion. Merc is getting buffs to its damage, and already has a lot of defensive cooldowns. What is melee getting? NERFS. Scoundrel and assassin are getting their knockdowns removed, and smash is getting gutted.
[INSERT WITTY COMMENT HERE]

Uber_the_Goober
03.31.2014 , 02:10 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamLKvist View Post
I would like to urge Bioware to consider to never again create maps where you are forced to keep someone AFK. Guardian a nod, a door, a hut in Novare... Any kind of guarding means you've effectively condemned someone to "AFK", you're rewarding not participating and thats a horrible experience. As soon as you have a stealth on the team they are expected to guard or else they will get flamed.
Agreed.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

SageKabuto
03.31.2014 , 02:11 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
I agree. I think they've gotten too caught up on making each new warzone completely different, for the sake of "variety", when all they need to do is take some of the existing ones and retexture, shift things around, and bam you've got yourself a new warzone.
That sounds like something a casual/PvE'er would say...

AdamLKvist
03.31.2014 , 02:11 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM-Reborn View Post
A "huge" PvP balance class that is going to destroy a few specs and classes entirely.
Best game balance this game has ever seen, 2.7.
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN