Summer of SWTOR Update

BruceMaclean

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when i first saw the posts about the summer of swtor they said 2.4 would have lots of pvp stuff to make pvp'ers happy.

NOT ONCE did they ever say its purely a PVP patch, they only said theres lots of PVP stuff.

So all you whining about their being 2 operations, saying they said its all PVP, are completely wrong and have no place to be complaining about something they did not say.

Heres the Quotes

"Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands "

- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643138

Thats 1 that doesnt say No PVE content.

"Game Update 2.4 is also in the pipe and being worked on for an October release. Even though our mantra is smaller more frequent patches this particular update is shaping up to be very big, with tons of new content and big PvP updates especially targeting Ranked play. We’ll start sharing details next month. If you absolutely *have* to glimpse the potential future, enter a Force trance and focus on these key phrases. Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters."

- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6446780

So there is both of the posts that they mentioned ANYTHING about 2.4 in and guess what NEITHER SAYS NO PVE the actually both barely say its PVP just says look forward to PVP things.

Anyways if you paraphase and dont know how to read i understand how you could feel mislead but ive been saying for months that all those rage threads were gunna happen and yea well guess what they did

Beyond that had you done any research about the game the second you saw "Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters." you should have knows an operation was coming as since release the names oricon and dreadmasters have been connected to the final operation in this story arch.

least i showed proof this time !

Edited by WillHolmes

Wrong. They have stated again and again that they'd like to do them and that they were coming (soon), although they have been silent on the topic since they last said they wanted to implement them, which was in January and March of this year. We'd just like to finally get a target date/patch. Many including myself have cancelled my subscription because we still lack chat bubbles or any target date. If they finally gave us a patch number they targeted chat bubbles for and it isn't too far off so we can have something to look forward for, I and many others might just hang in there and renew my subscription when it expires to further fund the development of chat bubbles.

Can you boycott the forums too? Please.

Back when i first saw the posts about the summer of swtor they said 2.4 would have lots of pvp stuff to make pvp'ers happy.

NOT ONCE did they ever say its purely a PVP patch, they only said theres lots of PVP stuff.

So all you whining about their being 2 operations, saying they said its all PVP, are completely wrong and have no place to be complaining about something they did not say.

Heres the Quotes

"Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands "

- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643138

Thats 1 that doesnt say No PVE content.

"Game Update 2.4 is also in the pipe and being worked on for an October release. Even though our mantra is smaller more frequent patches this particular update is shaping up to be very big, with tons of new content and big PvP updates especially targeting Ranked play. We’ll start sharing details next month. If you absolutely *have* to glimpse the potential future, enter a Force trance and focus on these key phrases. Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters."

- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6446780

So there is both of the posts that they mentioned ANYTHING about 2.4 in and guess what NEITHER SAYS NO PVE the actually both barely say its PVP just says look forward to PVP things.

Anyways if you paraphase and dont know how to read i understand how you could feel mislead but ive been saying for months that all those rage threads were gunna happen and yea well guess what they did

Beyond that had you done any research about the game the second you saw "Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters." you should have knows an operation was coming as since release the names oricon and dreadmasters have been connected to the final operation in this story arch.

least i showed proof this time !

You could have just said "I like PVE"

• New 4v4 Warzone Arenas

So I guess we can't expect more than 2, right? This is what I hate in your marketing, you make us believe there are several warzones, like 3 or 4, maybe more and at the end it's only 2. Even if you didn't lie, we're (I am at least) disapointed.

Well at least that's something, and a good direction taken. Still I'm a bit worried about the new ops ; when I see how lazy you were lately, I'm not very confident (2 bosses in each and lots of trashes?). Again, we'll see, soon.

Edited by Kesphin

Just goes to show how little Bioware listens to their PVP player base.

We asked for new warzones (i.e. more than one) including a new huttball map.

We asked for bug fixes. Queuing and backfill are still badly broken. Bolster is still broken. People are still getting stuck during leaps and rolls. Warzones often pick the wrong winner in VoidStar(??!).

We asked for some class balance. When it takes more than four players to burst down certain classes, how the **** is a 4 vs 4 going to work?!

We asked for ranked season one. Where is it?! It's been seven months. Shame on you.

We asked for slightly better matchmaking in pug PVP, so that all of the healers don't get stacked on one team.

Do you understand the words that are coming out of our mouths? I don't mind a gear grind so long as it

comes with all new content to do it with.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

Uhm...do any of you realise that this is a preview and not the PATCH NOTES.

They said a lot of big things were coming for PvP in 2.4, not that it would be only pvp or mostly pvp. I don't remember them saying that.

They now gave us one example of what is coming. What part of this preview now makes you think that this is it? Honestly they said they were going to do some major things in 2.4 for pvp...they didn't say it would be pvp only or centric as far as I remember and again...these are not the patch notes. Ask questions for more information but these reactions about pvp only getting these extra warzones might be a bit premature.

So I guess we can't expect more than 2, right? This is what I hate in your marketing, you make us believe there are several warzones, like 3 or 4, maybe more and at the end it's only 2. Even if you didn't lie, we're (I am at least) disapointed.

Well at least that's something, and a good direction taken. Still I'm a bit worried about the new ops ; when I see how lazy you were lately, I'm not very confident (2 bosses in each and lots of trashes?). Again, we'll see, soon.

Data mining suggests 3 new arenas.

Lol. Bioware, this should go to show you how hard it is to please everyone. I for one can't wait for 2.4 hoping that the new planet is kinda like makeb in that it will feel like a continuation of the class stories, and hoping that the 2new ops will lead directly off of the new planet, like toborros and s&v did off of makeb. Thanks for the details and please ignore the childish winers. This game is gonna hit 2years in november, and gotta say, the amount of content given us in just the last year is great. Hoping once the dread masters arc is done, (guessing in Oct., from names of the 2 new ops) that we will get act 2 of the class stories. Thanks again!

They said a lot of big things were coming for PvP in 2.4, not that it would be only pvp or mostly pvp. I don't remember them saying that.

They now gave us one example of what is coming. What part of this preview now makes you think that this is it? Honestly they said they were going to do some major things in 2.4 for pvp...they didn't say it would be pvp only or centric as far as I remember and again...these are not the patch notes. Ask questions for more information but these reactions about pvp only getting these extra warzones might be a bit premature.

Because Bioware are good at setting our expectations high by announcing things in advance.

new story arc = PvE content

new operation = PvE content

new operation = PvE content

4v4 arenas = PvP content

new gear = PvP/PvE content.

so the update you (bioware) have been hyping for the last ~2 months as being the best thing since sliced bread for PvPers, is going to be mostly about adding PvE content? please tell me that this is the most broad outline of an update ever.....

and new gear? again? ffs...... :rolleyes:

Paging Season 1 to the white courtesy telephone. PvP has been starved for significant improvements since preseason was announced well nigh over a year ago and you can't do a single release that is PvP only?

Does anyone want to lay odds that endgame bolster will still have bugs and there will be no rated WZ disconnect solution (e.g. allow reconnects like flashpoints and operations do)?

Obsoleting my Conqueror so I can regrind gear for all of my endgame toons again: FU BW.

BW *********** starves PvP of meaningful change (LOL endgame bolster) for over a year and BW can't make the PvE crowd sit out for even a single release so PvP can get some real man power working on it? F U all.

Add to this the PvP player aggravation watching BW play wack-a-mole with endgame bolster bugs when those same engineering resources could be doing something players want to see instead of a failed endgame bolster [*] that addressed a miniscule problem (n00bs in WZ with PvE gear rather than PvP gear).

What? The people who work on PvE content are not the same folks who work on PvP? Have them sit out of doing PvE content for one release cycle and learn a bit about PvP.

At the very least, the PR release above is a psychological kick in the balls to PvP players.

---

[*] note: endgame bolster is a different issue from lowbie bolster

Edited by funkiestj

I mostly play PVE myself now a days but Bioware, you really gotta give some love to the PVP crew out there. I think everyone was expecting this to be a huge PVP overall of a patch but I see a ton of PVE related things.

I can only assume this change in direction was due to FFARR/ Wildstar MMO coming out in the near future? Don't leave the PVP's hanging on this patch, I mean they been waiting a while.

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:

• The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New Operation: Dread Fortress
  • New Operation: Dread Palace
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
  • New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

So the much lauded 2.4 PvP Update is mostly an endgame PvE update with some PvP content thrown in? As a PvPer that has waited a year for some content, I'm supposed to get excited for 4v4 Arenas and a new PvP gear grind? Am I reading this right?

Edited by DarthOvertone

"This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information"

Seems like just like in real life, no one reads the fine print.

"This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information"

Seems like just like in real life, no one reads the fine print.

Yes its not an exhausted list. They still havent told us about all the things they will be releasing for the cartel market! Them troll packs and dyes!!!

• Dev Post

Hey guys,

I am getting that some of you are frustrated that there are also Operations coming in 2.4 as a PvP player. This is in no way taking away from the content you are getting. It just means that on top of being an update with PvP content, it also has PvE content in it as well. It is just a bigger update for everyone!

To specifically address some of the concerns I am seeing in the thread. First, the 4v4 Warzone Arenas are not scaled down versions of the current 8v8 maps. They are a brand new Warzone type (deathmatch) on their own brand new maps! Note: Plural! You will see more than one map at launch.

As some have said, this is not the only thing coming in 2.4. We have stated before in this thread the purpose of this is to give you an overview, it does not have every detail. Some of your other concerns...such as queuing for Ranked, will be addressed along with 2.4. We are still working on details and 2.4 is still a ways off. We will continue to release information as we lock things in.

I want to add on a personal note that one of the things I have enjoyed most over the past month or two at work is our twice a week Warzone Arena playtests. I am someone who primarily PvPs when I play SWTOR and they are so, so much fun. I cannot wait for you guys to get your hands on them!

-eric

So the "big" PvP update is a singular 4x4 Warzone, and a new tier of gear to grind inn the same old other warzones?

Arena's is plural. Less rage and more read required.

Edited by Yndras

I'm hopeful 4x4 arenas aren't the only thing coming to PVP subs in 2.4, if so my sub is likely lost until the sssp (if thats even real, or pvp centric). I have supported SWTOR since before launch, brought my whole WoW guild over and stuck around after they left BECAUSE i enjoy the pvp so much in swtor. It's fast paced and enthralling, but woefully starved of content.

We didn't even get new valor ranks for this expansion. That takes all of a lunch break to code in. What gives? Is gabe the only pvp dev left in the office? Why the lack of meaningful content all expansion long? Pvp subs are subs too, and many people I know only sub for alts and pvp. Why treat us like second class subs? This massive pvp patch you've hyped all summer just sounds like it's more PVE centric, with some pvp gear and some arena's thrown in. It should have been multiple new warzones, arena's, new gear, new valor, the start of s1, some world pvp on the new planet, and maybe retire the old pvp ranks with the new ones for prestige sake. Please tell me there's alot more behind the curtain than just 4x4 arena's, if not this is the nail in the coffin for the pvp sub.....

I love SWTOR, but it's becoming clear that the PVP devs don't love the game as much as I do. /sigh. I guess SWTOR won't be the MMO I stay with long term if this is the respect they have for the pvp sub. Quit treating your pvp subs like 2nd class subs BW. You have a great pvp system, but you are killing it by never giving it support.

Edited by justandulas

^This. I whole heartily agree with this statement. I think some people are blowing this announcement WAY out of proportion. They even state that this isn't all that's coming. Yet people are reacting like this is the whole patch.

People need to remember that Bioware didn't even mention that a new companion would be coming with 2.3 until people saw it on the PTS. So just because something is not on the announcement boards doesn't mean it isn't there. People need to be patient until more info about 2.4. All Bioware is doing right now is throwing small teases slowly at a time.

Patience Young Padawans *in Obi-wan's voice*