{HELP} level boost token dilemma

lagpixel

I am currently playing a sith assassin, and i wish to play as a Sith sorcerer. I have recently subscribed and gained a Level 60 boost token;the trouble is i am already part way though the sith Inquisitor storyline and no not wish to play through it again;I also would not like to miss out or skip any of the expansion content. i also don't know where you start after using one of these tokens (your ship, your faction planet, ect ect.) I only wish to skip the class story and go straight to the expansion content, starting with ROTHC, but have looked everywhere for the necessary information but i have not found anything satisfactory.If anyone has answers it would be greatly appreciated. Please help.

There are two types of boosts.

The Commander's Character token allows you to create a new character at either level 60 or level 70. In either case you will skip over the class story and the Shadow of Revan expansion, as well as some other stuff depending on which you choose. If your interest is in playing all of the content after the class story do not do this. The Commander's Character token is that option to start at either level 60 or 70 from character creation.

The other option is a Master's Datacron. This is an item that will automatically level your existing character to level 70. It can be used on any character from level 1 to level 69. If used on a new, level 1 character you will be leveled to level 70 and granted your class ship and ship droid, but no content is skipped or autocompleted. This means that you can start your class story with a level 70 character, too. The later content and expansions are gated by level, so using a MD on a level 1 character will allow you to immediately start Rise of the Hutt Cartel by selecting the mission from your ship's mission terminal. If your interest is only in skipping the class story this would be the way to go, but you do not get a free MD. You can purchase one from the GTN if you have the credits; otherwise you would have to purchase one from the Cartel Market with Cartel Coins. They cost 2000 CC's.

Edited by ceryxp

What ceryxp said explains the tokens very well, but ...

You might also try playing the class story anyway, but *differently*. Play Light instead of Dark (or vice versa), male instead of female (or vice versa), snark at Zash at every opportunity instead of sucking up (or ...), and so on.

Most if not all of the stories take on a very different air if you play them differently, especially Light/Dark on the Sith classes.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a class that plays *like* Sorcerer but doesn't play the Inquisitor story, try Sage in the Jedi Consular story. The two stories are very different, and so is the appearance of the abilities, but the "play style" is essentially the same as Sorcerer.

• 1 month later...
There are two types of boosts.

The Commander's Character token allows you to create a new character at either level 60 or level 70. In either case you will skip over the class story and the Shadow of Revan expansion, as well as some other stuff depending on which you choose. If your interest is in playing all of the content after the class story do not do this. The Commander's Character token is that option to start at either level 60 or 70 from character creation.

The other option is a Master's Datacron. This is an item that will automatically level your existing character to level 70. It can be used on any character from level 1 to level 69. If used on a new, level 1 character you will be leveled to level 70 and granted your class ship and ship droid, but no content is skipped or autocompleted. This means that you can start your class story with a level 70 character, too. The later content and expansions are gated by level, so using a MD on a level 1 character will allow you to immediately start Rise of the Hutt Cartel by selecting the mission from your ship's mission terminal. If your interest is only in skipping the class story this would be the way to go, but you do not get a free MD. You can purchase one from the GTN if you have the credits; otherwise you would have to purchase one from the Cartel Market with Cartel Coins. They cost 2000 CC's.

So if I use the masters datacron, and start Rise of the Hutt Cartel, my character will basically skip and unlock all the companions on that character?

So if I use the masters datacron, and start Rise of the Hutt Cartel, my character will basically skip and unlock all the companions on that character?

Not at all. Starting RotHC is not an "autocompleting" skip. To autocomplete, you must start Knights of the Fallen Empire or Jedi Under Siege.