Who likes capes?

LongGui

Having a look through the screenshot thread and there are very few capes. The look people seem to be hapy with are rather cape-less.

Now it could be that many people are low level but more than one person has stated they are keeping there spider set armour for the forseeable future.

Now I could imagine something like a long jacket for concealing weapons etc, but many of the armour sets look like something out of marvel comics. At worst I will use a cape thats the same width all the way down.

The force users have a fair bit of tradition when it comes to clothing, and the trooper has tank plating to paint and arrange as deemed necessary. The smuggler wears what the general population wears, with extra holsters and pockets.

So what do you think? Do you like these capes or prefer something that would blend in at cantina on tatooine.

Edit: Some examples.

Long jacket "Western Look" I dont mind these.

Utility Like these as well. (What I currently wear at level 36)

Cape begining to look like going to fancy dress.

Superman I seem to be seeing nothing but this as I level, I hope high level != cape.

Edited by LongGui

Added some examples I to prevent confusion to my original post.

I know its a long way down on priorites but I hope that more utility and western type gear gets added in the future.

I prefer the short jackets, Han Solo look.

Me too.

Edited by LongGui

I've been rocking the Synthmesh Battle Jacket since I first ran through Hammer Station (I think that's where I got it, it was a long time ago). I just love the trenchcoat look.

I do not, however, like the trenchcoats that have the ridiculously huge, poofy collar; they look like pimp coats. Also, capes are lame, let the Jedi's pretend to be super heroes.

Utility Like these as well.

Add the smuggler cowboy hat and you've got my "end-game" char. I also got the fancy pvp cape, but i only wear it when i am pvping cuz i so dont like the look.

Lets hope they add better epic mods so i can keep using the utility vest, if not then i'll just have to switch my wardrobe around to look great when i am idling and have usefull stuff on when doing other stuff.

Having a look through the screenshot thread and there are very few capes. The look people seem to be hapy with are rather cape-less.

Now it could be that many people are low level but more than one person has stated they are keeping there spider set armour for the forseeable future.

Now I could imagine something like a long jacket for concealing weapons etc, but many of the armour sets look like something out of marvel comics. At worst I will use a cape thats the same width all the way down.

The force users have a fair bit of tradition when it comes to clothing, and the trooper has tank plating to paint and arrange as deemed necessary. The smuggler wears what the general population wears, with extra holsters and pockets.

So what do you think? Do you like these capes or prefer something that would blend in at cantina on tatooine.

Superman I seem to be seeing nothing but this as I level, I hope high level != cape.

Trenchcoat for me please.

Jacket - awesome

Trenchcoat - awesome

Fur coat - awesome

I like wearing practical and can do gaudy and flashy (after all, my smuggler is the queen of the underworld and doesn't mind showing off)

Capes - bliach, yuck, retch, get those outta here

If I wanted to wear a cape I'd play a superhero mmo... or a fantasy one (at which time I'd be complaining about capes being silly ;) )

I will take the dozen or so responses so far as community consensus and make a bold statement.

Please bioware when doing future content, capes are only enjoyed by a few people, please design new gear as appropriate. Smugglers like practical.

How does one create a poll?

Agree, I think the capes look absolutely hideous. First time I saw a smuggler with the goofy round helmet and a cape all I could think of was The Great Kazoo from The Jetsons.

Captain Video to the rescue!!!

Oh, and don't get my started on the "Super Fly" Blaxploitation movie pimp coats with the puffy collars. But I guess it goes well with that atrocious cantina music. Someone has a love affair with the '70s.

Seriously they need to redo the smuggler wardrobe big time. Give us something that looks a little more badazz and less like that dude from KickAss.

Edited by Morrighane

There are three looks in this game, with variation within those three:

Han Solo (your "Utility" look)

Landau Calrissian (the capes) and

Cad Bane (the cowboy)

All three are achievable through endgame by orange gear because, as Emmanuel Lusinchi said, *ALL* green gear has an orange version, and all purple gear is soon to be fully moddable.

Whatever, I look awesome in my cape. Capehaters!

http://www.torhead.com/item/6qDm6s/flexiglass-battle-jacket#screenshots;view:9437

I'm not digging the intergalactic-space-cowboy-housepainter look, so i'll stick with this for now.

There is one other jacket I dig, that has a semi-trench collar on one side, but in general most of the choices are meh.

Edited by YouVee

I got sick of trench coats and caps. Been wearing them since level 20s. All high level smuggler have similar look. So, I'm going back to jackets. Still looking for decent helmet that is not cowboy hat. I probably end to leveling social so I can be unique. Hoth has a cave man looking set. It is ugly, but at least your different. lol