Star Fortress Bugs

In addition to the typical host of bugs (enemies unable to be seen and targeted by non-AoE attacks even though they're standing *right there*, etc), I just got a very interesting bug when fighting EPHEMERIS on the Tatooine Star Fortress. Started the fight, had two groups of enemies come out, and now the fight stalled. Nothing's happening. I'm standing here for five minutes so far and can't do anything. Can't Exit Area or logout because I'm in combat, can't leave the room, can't do anything.

UPDATE: After checking to make sure none of the control consoles activated prematurely and without a message (they didn't), I alt+F4'd and relogged. Aaaaand....I'm back in the room, stuck in combat, just as I was before. So now what? In-game help takes weeks or months to get a callback, not like most games where you can get an in-game GM to help you within a reasonable amount of time. And I can't Fleet Pass or Quick Travel or anything.

Fantastic.

UPDATE 2: Alt+F4'd out again and trying to log in another character, but I keep getting a message saying that I can't, because my original character is still logged in.

Absolutely fantastic.

UPDATE 3: Alt+F4'd yet again, went and took a shower. Came back, was able to login another character. Swapped back, was outside the FP. Went back in and did the EPHEMERIS fight again, no problems.

Edited by Maeklos

This is a common bug I've seen lots of people getting in solo mode Star Fortress. The problem stems that everyone is so overpowered now and we're trained to kill enemies as soon as we see them. When the adds come out you can't kill them right away. Put your companion on passive and let the adds reach the center of the room. One of the adds will get hit by a blue light from the ceiling and have a buff on their bar. When you kill this add it will overload one of the shields in front of the consoles. Kill the add that drops down in front of the console then click it to overload it. Rinse and repeat for the other side.

just wondering should it take more then once to defeat a star fortress and get credit cause ive been through belsavis star fortress three time already

If you're going it as a solo mission, then no, it doesn't count since you don't destroy the fortress. You have to take out the shield generator on the planet below, and then do the Heroic 2+ version to actually destroy the fortress.

If you're going it as a solo mission, then no, it doesn't count since you don't destroy the fortress. You have to take out the shield generator on the planet below, and then do the Heroic 2+ version to actually destroy the fortress.

thanks can it be soloed or do i need a group

i had this issue last night , cant exit , cant quick trave, relog out and in wont fix the issue l but i found the work around it

CLICK QUE WARZONE and when get pop take it and exit warzone , it will get back you again on the room without any bug but again like previous poster when the adds come out dont kill it right away with aoe , i just use single target attacks and then it was all good

This is a common bug I've seen lots of people getting in solo mode Star Fortress. The problem stems that everyone is so overpowered now and we're trained to kill enemies as soon as we see them. When the adds come out you can't kill them right away. Put your companion on passive and let the adds reach the center of the room. One of the adds will get hit by a blue light from the ceiling and have a buff on their bar. When you kill this add it will overload one of the shields in front of the consoles. Kill the add that drops down in front of the console then click it to overload it. Rinse and repeat for the other side.

Ah, that explains why I continuously get this bug with my Marksmanship Sniper, but my main character an Infiltration Shadow did not have that problem when I did that the very first time.

With my sniper I just wait until I see the light on a door glow up and lay suppressive fire down upon which they die as soon as they spawn. My infiltration shadow does have spinning attack but that's not as Whirling Blow, but that's not remotely as powerful and I rarely use it on groups of only three.

Yes u can solo it. I struggled a bit at first with the bosses but did it in 208 (comments at Dulfy's claim to do it with old gear).

I was able to solo it yesterday on my Op with a level 20 Xalek, but I tried it today on my Sorc and her Level 50 Scorpio was getting 3 shot by the final boss. The rest of the instance wasn't that difficult..... something pretty wrong there. Both chars were healers and both in 204/8 pvp gear, both comps in tank stance. Apparently a level 50 Scorpio is weaker than a level 20 Xalek... who knew!

Edited by Rantank

Completed all 6 Star Fortresses on heroic last night and was disappointed by end rewards. Won't do it on my other chars unless I am very bored and want more decos hehe.

I solo'd 2 of them and a friend and I did the last 4. Ranged of any kind rules on last boss by running in a big circle around and around the room shooting with a companion in heal mode. Do not stop except for a second or 2 and press the IWIN button.

Edited by Darkwords

• 1 year later...

I cant scan any of the shield bunkers on the resistace missions

So there are all the resistance missions. You go to a planet. Talk to some fool. Go to the scan thing on the map and scan the tower. I have no tower. None of them. I went to five. I looked at pics on the net and even watched a video. They are not there. For instance, on Alderaan, the bunker is there but like in the pic but no tower on top. What the hell? Tried resetting lots of times. Not just today either. I cant find any info and noone Ive talked to knows anything. Help me Dev's!

I cant scan any of the shield bunkers on the resistace missions

So there are all the resistance missions. You go to a planet. Talk to some fool. Go to the scan thing on the map and scan the tower. I have no tower. None of them. I went to five. I looked at pics on the net and even watched a video. They are not there. For instance, on Alderaan, the bunker is there but like in the pic but no tower on top. What the hell? Tried resetting lots of times. Not just today either. I cant find any info and noone Ive talked to knows anything. Help me Dev's!

The bunkers are present on the planets if you are there "in the past," meaning, if you had a character that had not done kotfe yet. The shield generator tower appears once you are in the KOTFE time period. What you are describing, sounds like maybe your character is stuck in some kind of state that the game thinks you are in the past, even though you are clearly in KOTFE if you have talked to resistance people. Have you tried repeating story chapters? Perhaps you have yourself flagged on an earlier chapter for replay purposes?

• 4 years later...
I see this post is 6 years old, but the bug is still there (!), as in I got this exact same problem on Tatooine at the EPHEMERIS fight today. Two groups of adds came, and then nothing. So I searched the forums to see if I was experiencing a bug, and this thread confirms it. However, there is a very easy way to reset the fight. To bad you didn't know. You just type /stuck to get out of combat. You will wake up in a prison, which is a bit annoying, but still you reset the fight and it didn't bug for me again.

I see this post is 6 years old, but the bug is still there (!), as in I got this exact same problem on Tatooine at the EPHEMERIS fight today. Two groups of adds came, and then nothing. So I searched the forums to see if I was experiencing a bug, and this thread confirms it. However, there is a very easy way to reset the fight. To bad you didn't know. You just type /stuck to get out of combat. You will wake up in a prison, which is a bit annoying, but still you reset the fight and it didn't bug for me again.

It does fix it, but it's worth noting that /stuck *kills* your character. The prison sequence is how that's handled if you die before the final stages of a Destroy mission. (I.e. if you die before the end of the EPHEMERIS room.)

And the tone in the sentence "To bad you didn't know." is unwarrantedly condescending. And spelled wrong. "Too bad"...

In the past I had the bug several times.

My theory was that I either kill the enemy too quickly or too soon.

I haven't had the bug in years by doing the following:

The companion is passive and every time only after the door has closed I start fighting.

That is the problem exactly. Shortly after the mobs spawn the Ephemeris droid will scan one of them. If you kill the group too quickly it will interrupt the scan and cause the fight to bug. Just wait for Ephemeris to scan and everything will work fine.

In the past I had the bug several times.

My theory was that I either kill the enemy too quickly or too soon.

I haven't had the bug in years by doing the following:

The companion is passive and every time only after the door has closed I start fighting.

Yes there are workarounds but it's still ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed yet.