Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando 2.6 Preview

cashogy_reborn
01.03.2014 , 12:48 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by K_osss View Post
It may not be the change you wanted but no pushback for grav/charged is a change. Maybe they will let you keep yours with pushback if you prefer it.
Do you not understand numbers?

We already get 70% pushback resistance for GR and CB. If you take that 2pt talent you almost entirely negate the effects of pushback.

Increasing that to 100% does absolutely nothing to address the actual problem areas with this class. So while you are all kowtowing to the devs for even mentioning us in the patch notes, Im going to continue being a good class rep and fighting for what we *ACTUALLY NEED*.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

LeHovah
01.03.2014 , 01:10 PM | #12
Nothing against interrupts, huh?

SpaniardInfinity
01.03.2014 , 01:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TylerAcalan View Post
A band-aid is better then bleeding out. I'm going to try and be optimistic about this.

We got this far by pushing them. Let's keep pushing until they finally open the can.
Well if you're bleeding that much...a band-aid won't save you.

As usual though, I'm going to reserve judgement until the patch notes are out next week. I'm happy to see they're making two quality changes of life for Combat Medics, one of which (to Trauma Probe), should help a lot. But I've also bought that before and wasn't happy about it. Before 1.2 they did the same thing with Kolto Bomb: they said they were increasing its player cap. They did -- by increasing it from 3 to 4. Is it a change? Yes. But its the kind of change with no other purpose than to say "look, we did something for you". (Especially considering every other ability got nerfed in that update). I've also seen Bioware say they're doing a preview of upcoming changes, implying there were others not shown, and yet there were no other changes.

After leaving Commando/Mercenary in the dark for almost an entire year, its good to see them showing some changes in good faith. I hope they keep it up, because there's still a lot of work to do.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

ArchangelLBC
01.03.2014 , 02:16 PM | #14
The big change we know about so far is the CM change. I agree with Cash. The pushback thing is a complete non-change. If it applied to PG maybe that would be helpful, but mostly this is akin to the root on Master Strike that Guardians go. A change for the sake of change.

I'm withholding final judgment till we see the full patch notes, but mostly, unless something else is coming, I'm calling this a nice change to CM, and nothing else substantive.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Bleeters
01.03.2014 , 02:27 PM | #15
It's a change that exists to bring us up to where virtually everyone else is with regards to pushback on dps casting. It's not exactly exciting or anywhere near to what we need in total, but it's something that had to happen some time or another.

'Course, it's a pretty underwhelming thing to bring up in a preview.

K_osss
01.03.2014 , 03:44 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post

We already get 70% pushback resistance for GR and CB. If you take that 2pt talent you almost entirely negate the effects of pushback.

Increasing that to 100% does absolutely nothing to address the actual problem areas with this class. So while you are all kowtowing to the devs for even mentioning us in the patch notes, Im going to continue being a good class rep and fighting for what we *ACTUALLY NEED*.
No one said you were a bad class rep. I also understand numbers which is why I understand that 100% no pushback IS different than 70% - no need to patronize. I happen to agree with your assessment that it doesn't address the broader issues with the class. But think the way you went about pointing that out was counter-productive. And like you, I want what's best for the class so thought there's a better way to address it.

I like the idea of one of the posters above me about continuing to push devs for solutions to class issues. I think there are many suggestions in the class brainstorming thread that would improve the class without being overpowered. Not only that but it gives the devs a flavor of what direction the community wants to see the class go.

Vilanix
01.03.2014 , 04:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post

Thank God, at least You get it!

Bleeters
01.03.2014 , 04:44 PM | #18
Everybody 'gets it', thanks. I've yet to see anybody praise this change as the savior of the class, or whatever it is people seem to think they're saying.

LaniAkavir
01.03.2014 , 09:03 PM | #19
1 year and 9 months of lobbying since 1.2 dropped on us medics....

It has finally paid off, we're getting buffed directly after all these months of being the underdogs.

What will be the actual effects and limits are yet remained to be seen, though.
Combat Medic since Summer 2011

Kenji, S-1 All-Derp
The Medic's Legacy

Flying-Brian
01.03.2014 , 11:38 PM | #20
Lets see if it goes another update without them adding a numeric ammo counter.

Otherwise what I would like to see.

Gunnery to get CoF proc buffed, so it acts the same as the IA proc on assault. Smooth out ammo managment with a free HiB again. Then add a sub 30% damage boost to 1 attack (like what many have said, auto crit on DR @ sub 30%). That would help even out the 500+dps difference there is between gunnery and assault right now at the high end.

What do I think is going to happen. They will change around the skill trees, adding in useless skills. Then they will adjust the IA proc so it acts the same as the COF proc, thus ruining assault.