Ideas for Guild Heraldry symbols and backgrounds

HiddenPalm

[This thread is only about the Heraldry symbols and details. Please stay on subject and make another thread if you wish to talk about something else, ie if you think Bioware should work on something different, bugs, heraldry decos and heraldry character flairs etc. They're important topics and deserve their own discussion, just not here.]

Right now on the PTS you can form a guild or join one to see the Heraldry design window. There are only 23 symbols to choose from. Most of which simply don't look good, in my opinion. There are also only 15 backgrounds called details. Also not enough for all the guilds out there. For example there is only one tribal background, lol. We need a few dozen tribal ones, tech back grounds, complicated and simple linear patterns etc. Let's all help the folks over at Bioware come up with more ideas, so we can be pleasantly surprised with endless options to choose from to ensure unique Heraldry crests for every Guild.

Here are some of my ideas, please share as many ideas as you wish!

SYMBOLS:

1. A hairy wampa fist facing upwards

2. A gauntlet fist holding a lightsaber (Many different kinds, because everyone is going to want this one)

3. Star Wars wildlife: like Banthas, Wampas, Akk Dogs, Kell Dragons, Krayt Dragons, Anything Dragons, Kybucks, Neebrays, Space slugs, etc. We need a few dozen of these.

4. A Krayt Dragon egg

5. More Kyber Crystals

6. Different starfighters and starships

7. Twilek Dancer (a female one and a male one)

8. Chance cubes

9. Pazaak cards

10. Monster and alien faces (smiling and angry)

11. Elemental nature symbols like more mountains, rainbows, thunder (storms), waterfalls, a tree, sunsets, moons, paths, clouds, mists, fire, a rock,

12. Towers and other structures like Zayne Carrick Station

13. Embracing alien lovers

14. ... and did I say many versions of a gauntlet fist holding a lightsaber hilt facing upwards? Oh I did? Oh.. oh oh oh, my my my bad.

Heraldry Symbols

1. 2 crossed axes

2. Moon

3. Sun

4. A large peering eye

5. 2 pistols crossed

6. Large Smoking Pipe

7. Snake

8. 2 swords crossed

9. 2 spears crossed

10. A Valentine's Heart

11. Masked Visage of human or alien

12. Full bodied animals - Eagle, tiger, lion, bear, etc.

13. Side portrait of animals

14. Fist holding dagger

15. Cross

16. Frontal portrait of assorted animals

17. Skull

18. Skull and crossbones

19. Rocket(s) or Missile(s)

20. Assorted vehicles/speeders

That painful fashion faux pax where you show up at a must-be-seen-or-be-nobody party and there you are wearing the same designer dress, necklace, and walking around with the same gold-and-black clutch purse as your life-long sworn nemesis whom the host somehow blindly decided to invite? Horrid, right? Might as well be dragging around the same spouse through the party at that point, right?

Well, in Everquest 2, at least back in the day when I was a guild leader there, you could not make heraldry identical to any other guild.

I would put forward as my idea, then, to implement the same thing here, so we don't have any super-bad super-uber PVP guild walking around with the exact same heraldry as the server's most notorious ERP guild.

Doing so, of course, means opening a far wider range of choices to select colors, patterns, back ground patterns, etc., etc..

Edited by xordevoreaux

I got another one!

Two hands holding a lightsaber, like in the original Star Wars movie poster as painted by Hildebrandt. Its easy to make it round because of the proportion of the gleam from the base of the blade by the hilt which allows it to also include the hands for a round well proportioned symbol. It would be a nice ode to Hildbrandt's work and it would seriously drive everyone crazy for it. Like every guild is going to want that one. Im hoping to still see a bunch of fists holding lightsabers to choose from.

That painful fashion faux pax where you show up at a must-be-seen-or-be-nobody party and there you are wearing the same designer dress, necklace, and walking around with the same gold-and-black clutch purse as your life-long sworn nemesis whom the host somehow blindly decided to invite? Horrid, right? Might as well be dragging around the same spouse through the party at that point, right?

Well, in Everquest 2, at least back in the day when I was a guild leader there, you could not make heraldry identical to any other guild.

I would put forward as my idea, then, to implement the same thing here, so we don't have any super-bad super-uber PVP guild walking around with the exact same heraldry as the server's most notorious ERP guild.

Doing so, of course, means opening a far wider range of choices to select colors, patterns, back ground patterns, etc., etc..

Yeah, I like that idea. I second that!

Edited by HiddenPalm

You beat me to it. Looks like I got nothing to add here.

EDIT: On second thought, perhaps numbers and/or letters? (That wasn't already mentioned, right?)

Numbers at least, are problematic. 8 is the 8th letter of the alphabet (H). 88 = HH = Heil Hitler.

I flagged that in a guild name in Everquest 2, and guess what, numbers vanished from guild names in EQ2.

Numbers shouldn't be in heraldry, either.

Edited by xordevoreaux