Did I miss a conversation with Ashara?

J_Craver

So, I'm playing through the Sith Inquisitor storyline and talking to my companions on the ship when they want to. I've had, maybe, three conversations with Ashara: one where she arrives and acts all bratty about being stuck with a Sith, one about who my master was, and one where I flirt with her (because my character is male and she's my only romance option).

Then, on the fourth conversation, suddenly she's talking about how I am an "ardent proponent of peace" and that conflicts with the Sith Code. Then the next conversation is about how the two of us are working together to broker a peace between the Republic and the Empire and we need allies to do it.

Um...what? I never said anything about supporting peace, to her or anyone else. In fact, it goes completely against my character's established personality: he really believes peace is a lie, loves killing Jedi, and has rhapsodized with Darth Malgus about how much fun it will be when the cold war heats up again. But apparently, at some point offscreen, he became a proponent of peace and decided to help Ashara end the war. What. The. Hell?

So, I'm playing through the Sith Inquisitor storyline and talking to my companions on the ship when they want to. I've had, maybe, three conversations with Ashara: one where she arrives and acts all bratty about being stuck with a Sith, one about who my master was, and one where I flirt with her (because my character is male and she's my only romance option).

Then, on the fourth conversation, suddenly she's talking about how I am an "ardent proponent of peace" and that conflicts with the Sith Code. Then the next conversation is about how the two of us are working together to broker a peace between the Republic and the Empire and we need allies to do it.

Um...what? I never said anything about supporting peace, to her or anyone else. In fact, it goes completely against my character's established personality: he really believes peace is a lie, loves killing Jedi, and has rhapsodized with Darth Malgus about how much fun it will be when the cold war heats up again. But apparently, at some point offscreen, he became a proponent of peace and decided to help Ashara end the war. What. The. Hell?

Basically in the past conversations with companions only opened up when they reached certain "stages" during their "influence." back then when you did something they didn't like it you lost affection. You raised affection when you did something they liked. So unless you gift bombed your companion (back then) they would have no desire to talk to you. The new system you reach conversation status for different points in the story. So Ashara now assumes you like her and that you have a similar personality. Leading to this..

I just find it bizarre that later conversations are based on the premise that I have agreed to help Ashara negotiate a peace between the Empire and the Republic...even though she never brought that idea up when we talked before.

I just find it bizarre that later conversations are based on the premise that I have agreed to help Ashara negotiate a peace between the Empire and the Republic...even though she never brought that idea up when we talked before.

as Rhyltran said, this is a quirk of the new system. If you don't like her responses, all you can do is simulate the old system and not talk to her.

I don't think this has anything to do with the new system. Even if I had painstakingly raised her approval with taking Light Side options on missions and giving her gifts, we still would never have discussed negotiating a peace treaty before she suddenly started talking about our efforts to do it.

Nope, you didn't miss anything. To my knowledge, Ashara acts like this to each and every Inquisitor ever, from the ones who are actually kind and inquisitive (heh) about her ideas for peace, to those who are crazy dark side maniacs who take every opportunity to shut her up.

My inquisitor fell into the latter category. The conversations went something like this:

Ashara: I have ideas!

Inquisitor: Oh, here we go...

Ashara: We can have peace between the Republic and Empire!

Inquisitor: Uh--

Ashara: And we can all be gray force-users, 'cause they're just better!

Inquisitor: Er--

Ashara: And now I'll go off and talk to some old Jedi friends and let them see my point of view!

Inquisitor: What the he--

Ashara: And of course I'll be right and they'll see the light in the end!

Inquisitor: CAN I GET A WORD IN EDGEWISE!? That isn't going to work, Ashara--

Ashara: NO, YOU'RE JUST MEAN. SHUT UP! I'M DOING IT ANYWAY! [flounces off]

Inquisitor: ... [facepalm]

*two hours later*

Ashara: WAAAAAHHH! THEY SAID I WASN'T A JEDI!!

Inquisitor: ...you're travelling with me. What did you expect--

Ashara: SHUT UP! YOU'RE JUST MEAN! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! [storms off like a petulant child]

Inquisitor: Hhhhnnnrrrgggghhhhh...

*next conversation*

Ashara: You know, you're not that bad of a person.

Inquisitor: :eek:!?

Ashara: [proceeds to barf rainbows about peace]

Inquisitor: [meanest conversation option is something along the lines of "Eh, well, maybe. We'll see."]

...and so on and so forth. Absolutely nothing you say will make Ashara dark-side or even own up to her own stubborn stupidity. Especially if you're playing a female inquisitor... o_e

Conversations between Ashara and my female inquisitor felt like watching two brick walls crash into each other over and over. On one side: "Come to the dark side, we have cookies! ...and tormented souls, but that's beside the point." On the other side: "Why does everyone keep saying I'm not a Jedi? D: They're just mean, that's why! Yeah! They're just bullies!! I NEED A SAFE SPACE!!" ...ad nauseum.