Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.

Swedguy

Not only does KOTFE not register active romances, but the same thing applies to pre-kotfe content.

According to a Twitter user, a friend of theirs ended up marrying being married to Vector despite telling him she wasn't interested, and said Twitter used ended up being married to Torian.

This bug has been ignored for 3 months. There's already a thread with almost 30k views and over 100 replies at this current time. This bug has affected a LOT of people, and we are missing out part of the story as a result.

And this bug could affect future companion stories as well.

Please, from the bottom of our hearts, fix the Companion Romance System.

If it is not possible to do it, you can give us the ability to toggle romances manually. You can read more about that here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=862635

Edited by Swedguy

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this bug as well with my Sith Warrior - Darkside Jaesa romance (the game does not register our romance anymore after kotfe), but it seems like the bug can strike most, if not all, earlier romances leaving them flagged "off". Please fix it :( Edited by LarsBM

Yeah, guys. You really must fix broken romances, because it is a great part of the story, especially in the game, where choices matter...do they, huh? How can you ignore that big thread, where so many people ask you to help... to acknowledge it at least. It seems you just don't care about us, Bioware.

I took my Smuggler and Bounty Hunter through KotFE and both the Corso romance and the Torian romance were bugged out of existence -- no romance conversation choice with Valkorian in Chapter 2, and no letters.

So I rerolled my Bounty Hunter. I just finished Corellia and all their conversations, looked on Youtube again, and lo and behold -- I did not get two of Torian's conversations at all: the one where he teaches her Mando'a and the one where they talk about her watching him shoot.

So I think this character is, once again, bugged, and I have no desire to even play her anymore.

You've sure got a funny way of making people want to play your game at all, BioWare.

Edited by Cedia

I took my Smuggler and Bounty Hunter through KotFE and both the Corso romance and the Torian romance were bugged out of existence -- no romance conversation choice with Valkorian in Chapter 2, and no letters.

So I rerolled my Bounty Hunter. I just finished Corellia and all their conversations, looked on Youtube again, and lo and behold -- I did not get two of Torian's conversations at all: the one where he teaches her Mando'a and the one where they talk about her watching him shoot.

So I think this character is, once again, bugged, and I have no desire to even play her anymore.

You've sure got a funny way of making people want to play your game at all, BioWare.

Exactly. The moment I get my HK-55 back, I'm leaving until they fix this bug. This game is worse than Sonic 06 and Superman 64 at this point. Hell, I'd rather play Big Rigs at this point: And I don't think that can be considered a game to begin with.

The game's been on "Cruise Control" for the last month, in case no one's noticed. 2/3 bugged events that they couldn't fix because they were all too busy drinking eggnog to worry about their customers.

Hell, the first week of January's already mostly over and they still have that false December propaganda up.

They keep dangling carrots at us, every so often, but don't realize that the carrots are starting to rot.

Companion romances are probably way down on the list considering all of the other things (game breakers) that are still broken.

The game's been on "Cruise Control" for the last month, in case no one's noticed. 2/3 bugged events that they couldn't fix because they were all too busy drinking eggnog to worry about their customers.

Hell, the first week of January's already mostly over and they still have that false December propaganda up.

They keep dangling carrots at us, every so often, but don't realize that the carrots are starting to rot.

Companion romances are probably way down on the list considering all of the other things (game breakers) that are still broken.

They've been ignoring this since october. I also don't get why this could be low priority, since this game is "story-driven"

Yes. I would LOVE to see this finally be addressed. I started my thread the day after launch and there has been zero attention from anyone at BioWare, despite how many pages/views/replies that thread has gotten. It really is uncalled for.

This is the thread: Iresso Romance Not Acknowledged

This occurred on my main/first character. All details posted in that thread.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

For such a large, story-breaking bug, I would expect to at least get an acknowledgement from BW. It doesn't have to be some deep, meaningful novel or anything, just a basic, "Yes, we are aware that some romances are bugged. We are working on a fix." That's all it would take. I assume that BW actually cares enough to make sure that their stories work correctly, right? Because if not, that would be pretty disgraceful.

BW pushed companions in this expansion, how important they would be, how they understood how people get attached to them. That's the whole point of the story, presumably, isn't it? To immerse players in their character's world, so that you care about their sorrows, their challenges, their joys? There are going to be some pretty unhappy players when the romance companions start returning to the story and players who are unaware of this bug discover that parts of their character's past history have been erased. Players with bugged storylines deserve better than "tough luck bud" or in this case, absolute silence.

Show us how you care about the story BW....and why we should care too. Make the story game mechanics work properly for everyone.

Edit: Was this thread moved? I thought it used to be in General.

Edited by CloudCastle

For such a large, story-breaking bug, I would expect to at least get an acknowledgement from BW. It doesn't have to be some deep, meaningful novel or anything, just a basic, "Yes, we are aware that some romances are bugged. We are working on a fix." That's all it would take. I assume that BW actually cares enough to make sure that their stories work correctly, right? Because if not, that would be pretty disgraceful.

BW pushed companions in this expansion, how important they would be, how they understood how people get attached to them. That's the whole point of the story, presumably, isn't it? To immerse players in their character's world, so that you care about their sorrows, their challenges, their joys? There are going to be some pretty unhappy players when the romance companions start returning to the story and players who are unaware of this bug discover that parts of their character's past history have been erased. Players with bugged storylines deserve better than "tough luck bud" or in this case, absolute silence.

Show us how you care about the story BW....and why we should care too. Make the story game mechanics work properly for everyone.

Edit: Was this thread moved? I thought it used to be in General.

Nope, I posted it here. But you can go ahead and make another post in General as well.

Players with bugged storylines deserve better than "tough luck bud" or in this case, absolute silence.

If I am honest at this point I will even settle for BW telling me how far I should try level before the game bugs out the romances, for instance I started a new Guardian because I messed up my original guardian by cheating on Kira, I had already done the SOR flirts so I did not know if I had killed Kira's romance anyway (even without bugs) but I don't know if I should level him or level him and not speak to Kira at all until fixed or should I just not even try and wait.

If I am honest at this point I will even settle for BW telling me how far I should try level before the game bugs out the romances, for instance I started a new Guardian because I messed up my original guardian by cheating on Kira, I had already done the SOR flirts so I did not know if I had killed Kira's romance anyway (even without bugs) but I don't know if I should level him or level him and not speak to Kira at all until fixed or should I just not even try and wait.

I suggest you wait until it's fixed.

I suggest you wait until it's fixed.

That means though I can play female characters only and then only up to the end of Makeb as those who don't do a vanilla romance I wanted to romance Lana. I have a female Sorc almost ready to do SOR and Kotfe I just need to do Ilum and Makeb but I am wasting time with her by doing the bonus series to try to prolong playing her before I can come to a stop.

Edited by Jedi_riches

They've been ignoring this since october. I also don't get why this could be low priority, since this game is "story-driven"

No, it's not just "story driven" it's an interactive video where you may dress up one of the major characters. The Outlander is supposed to woo one of the new love interests.

Edited by Mubrak

No, it's not "story driven" it's an interactive story where you may dress up one of the major characters. You are supposed to woo one of the new love interests.

I doubt its a case that you are supposed to drop the old romances for Lana, Theron or Koth otherwise there would never have been a option in the first place to tell Valkorian you have found love or any letter from your love interest in chapter 2 of kotfe.

Also the game is really heavy story based, this is the way 4.0 has gone. many of the MMO elements have been "dropped" in favour of this story.

Its like if you read a book only to find that the author changed the middle of the book after you read the end, which essentially is what is happening with the romances as many dissapear.

I doubt its a case that you are supposed to drop the old romances for Lana, Theron or Koth otherwise there would never have been a option in the first place to tell Valkorian you have found love or any letter from your love interest in chapter 2 of kotfe.

Also the game is really heavy story based, this is the way 4.0 has gone. many of the MMO elements have been "dropped" in favour of this story.

Its like if you read a book only to find that the author changed the middle of the book after you read the end, which essentially is what is happening with the romances as many dissapear.

Exactly. That's why this needs to be fixed soon.

We'll see when Kaliyo makes a return next month. I really doubt they'll add the of 20+ previous romances with their own quirks and motivations into KotFE. That would make the one-size-fits-all story too complicated, so if you don't romance one of the bi-three, don't expect any romance-related twists, your pre-KotFE partner will wait for you in Odessen tending to hearth and home while you're on tour with your force-ghost buddy.

Yep. That's the "bioware storytelling" we were promised.

Edited by Mubrak

We'll see when Kaliyo makes a return next month. I really doubt they'll add the of 20+ previous romances with their own quirks and motivations into KotFE. That would make the one-size-fits-all story too complicated, so if you don't romance one of the bi-three, don't expect any romance-related twists, your pre-KotFE partner will wait for you in Odessen tending to hearth and home while you're on tour with your force-ghost buddy.

Yep. That's the "bioware storytelling" we were promised.

I have no doubt that the romances returns are not going to be in huge depth, probably something only along the lines of getting the occasional email or the odd line during conversations with them or even just maybe one scripted cutscene after their return saying how happy they are to see you again etc...

I have no doubt that the romances returns are not going to be in huge depth, probably something only along the lines of getting the occasional email or the odd line during conversations with them or even just maybe one scripted cutscene after their return saying how happy they are to see you again etc...

Despite how little that might be, we're still going to miss out on it :/