Treasure hunting

Sinfulhowl

I an becoming a bit frustrated with my companions.In order to create some advanced hilts ie advanced might hilt 13 I need grade 3 gemstone Krayt dragon pearls.My companions will not return with the item I require is it a bug or am I doing something wrong.I am a level 27 Jedi knight my companions are T7,Kira and C2 N2. Edited by Sinfulhowl

if i remember well, kira has +1 treasure hunting critical, which means that she will find artifact level crafting materials more easyly than t7(you find advanced crafting materials by scoring a critical in a crew skill mission). improving your affection with kira will improve her mission efficiency as well. she's the best companion for Treasure Hunting a jedi knight will have so just keep trying. take a look at legacy, because maybe there is a perk for this. if you have really bad luck it's time to buy that mat on GTN maybe

It is not a bug, you are just unlucky. On the other hand, I have been VERY lucky. On my level 26 SI I just got into the grade 3 treasure hunting and have gotten four crits (all with the pearls - two each) in six tries. I know that will not last forever though, and neither will your bad luck. Edited by psandak

if i remember well, kira has +1 treasure hunting critical, which means that she will find artifact level crafting materials more easyly than t7(you find advanced crafting materials by scoring a critical in a crew skill mission). improving your affection with kira will improve her mission efficiency as well. she's the best companion for Treasure Hunting a jedi knight will have so just keep trying. take a look at legacy, because maybe there is a perk for this. if you have really bad luck it's time to buy that mat on GTN maybe
What is the best gifts for Kira.

For the mission crew skills the only reliable way to get the purple materials is to run the mission discoveries from slicing, other wise you waste a lot of time hoping your companions will crit.

Edit: Kira likes luxury gifts the most.

Edited by dorpen