Wz win not counting not fixed.

Fatbaldandalone

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that we have been investigating this issue with the patch note not matching up to in-game behavior since we started seeing these type of threads yesterday.

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

This is a high priority issue for us, and it won't be resolved overnight, but we are actively working towards a solution. We apologize for the error with the patch note and we will also work to prevent situations like that from happening again.

The patch note has since been removed and we will keep you updated on the status of a resolution to this issue.

Thank you very much for your patience and for your understanding.

For a multi national company and a game thats cost millions, this just another fail. I find it hard to believe that you didnt realise the patch notes was wrong, more like your patch didnt fix the problem, but you are saving face. BW you are making more an more mistakes i am starting to worry how you are managing and running this game. It seems not very well

Edited by lethal_ghost

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, considering that note was in the PTR notes for like 2 weeks, and left in for the live patch, and within about 30 minutes of the servers coming back up there were posts about this fix not actually happening, and it takes them like 36 hours to actually acknowledge it, I'd say their answer is absolute ****.

It's still better than not getting answers on dozens of other topics, but not by much, as to me it seems that as a team, Bioware are slow to respond, and unsure of how to respond. They appear to me to be rather not competent.

Completely fair points and I agree with you - rage posts just make me laugh a bit is all.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that we have been investigating this issue with the patch note not matching up to in-game behavior since we started seeing these type of threads yesterday.

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

This is a high priority issue for us, and it won't be resolved overnight, but we are actively working towards a solution. We apologize for the error with the patch note and we will also work to prevent situations like that from happening again.

The patch note has since been removed and we will keep you updated on the status of a resolution to this issue.

While I can appreciate how difficult it is for you guys to find the underlying problem and fix the bugs, this one is particularly annoying. (Speaking for those of us who like to pvp)

It's good to know that it's a high priority issue, but I think its worth saying that this bug is a massive problem for everyone who enjoys pvp and especially hurts those of us who are casual players and only like to play a few warzones a day.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but it would be nice if those of us who have experienced this bug numerous times (and I'm sure there is a lot of us) could get some sort of compensation in game, or at the very least the development team considering compensation.

Edited by Drymum

Way to bull **** us Bioware. "Yeah umm so we actually didn't fix it... we were all busy playing the Empire side and laughing because we screwed up PvP in our favor, sorry and good luck everbody else!"

What a load. Don't come in here and do damage control by lying to us. Some people may buy it but anyone with a brain knows you guys have no idea what your doing. Blind lemmings leading the blind to the land of no fixed content.

You should amend the daily quest to require only 1 victory until this is fixed. Since it usually takes 3 wins for one of them to reward anything anyway.

I'd hope a simple variable change or two could be handled without introducing more than 5-6 new bugs.

Edited by Darguth

Won 5 tonight... still 0/3

And weekly sits at 2/9 after 7 wins last night...

Seriously GJ on these bug fixes.

Don't feel too bad, I won 6 consecutive matches in a row, all 6 did not count. Imagine how much rage I had.

Don't feel too bad, I won 6 consecutive matches in a row, all 6 did not count. Imagine how much rage I had.

I feel your rage so much :(

Not to mention the crappy contention as of late in the warzones... 4 dc's in 6 wins tonight? Clearly my net is crap. Oh wait.

So much hoping for a rolling hotfix, what about the extra players in wfs, that going to get looked at soon?

Why fix it? Its just driving away players. Who needs players? Watching my guild melt daily.. instead of doing dailys.

I feel your rage so much :(

Not to mention the crappy contention as of late in the warzones... 4 dc's in 6 wins tonight? Clearly my net is crap. Oh wait.

I also play the Republic side, and everyone knows how gimped we are to begin with. Getting a win is huge, were almost always outnumbered, and so many people on the Empire side have full battlemaster gear after the Illum fiasco its astounding.

I am not one to jump on Dev most of the time but this was really a stupid comment. How can a item be in the patch notes for a few weeks not really be included?

Just say the "fix" did not work and we are looking into another patch...Man you guys are really bad at talking to the community.

The community team needs to start acknowledging the issues that are in the game whether there is a fix or not and not just ignore the concerns people are talking about. I agree a lot of the ************ is just ************ but if you guys could start addressing the community with comments like "We are aware of the issue and are actively looking for a fix" this should not be done in just one post it should be done over and over. Make it personal like "Thank You xxx for bringing this up, the Dev team is aware of this issue and are working on a fix" "Sorry we do not have an ETA on the fix at this time but as soon as we do we will let you and the rest of the community know"

Also:

BioWare you guys need to get control of your test team or at least make the internal test team larger. VMC and the other out source companies are pretty much useless outside Redmond WA. I am also hearing you are using a lot of offshore resources I am sure this is EA's doing but you need to rein that in cause those companies just want to be paid and have no vested interest in the game success.

Hi everyone,

Correction: It's still broken, you don't know why it's broken, and it's ticking you off as much as it is us. Someone thought they had it fixed, and were wrong.

But look, that's beside the point. No really. It is. "Win 3" is absurd. It should be earn 5 points. 2 for a win, 1 for participating to completion (and I would go so far as to say even that's too much to ask when you only have 3 maps). Then if you screw up a 'win' it is *at most* no more than 2 more participations, which would mean you never have to do more than 5 pvp matches in a day (which is still like 2 hours of pvp + the absurdity that is ilum) to get your lootbags.

Overall your lead design should be rethinking what they want people doing. It shouldn't be PVP or raid or ... But 2 hours a day of PVP is a LOT of pvp + ilum. You'd be better to cut down to 2 points a day (1 win or 2 matches) + ilum so people who have jobs and kids have time to do more than just PVP.

Also, as has been said. This was in the patch notes for quite some time. It was on test for quite some time. If it wasn't caught on test then you need to figure out if it a) happens on test and b) if it does, how do you build a community that will find it? or c) if not - and I don't want to get too technical here, but your client debugging on test would be contributing to the difference, that's not trivial to find and fix, but at least it's a very clearly defined problem and should be easy to reproduce a few times.

Hi everyone,

I call shenanigans. patch note was there for 2 weeks, including on the PTS. Just a failed attempt at spinning it off as a mistake..

I understand mistakes happen, but be honest with your customers. The truth goes alot farther towards us being understanding.

Hi everyone,

I've been saying this for a month, and I will keep saying it. This is not a bug this is working as intended. You guys can throw whatever BS you want out it's obvious at this point that warzone wins not counting is an intended issue. The only way to keep short PVP ques is to have more people pvping, no better way to keep more people in the que than have them do more warzones than necessary to complete the daily. Why not just try a little honestly make the daily work the way it should and bump the number of wins up to 5 or 6 which in all honesty is what it takes currently.

Hi everyone,

We lied to you in our patch notes and I'm lying to you right now about lying to you in the first place to try to cover up our initial lie. Did you catch all of that?

P.S. I failed to acknowledge that we also lied about the Interrogator in Directive 7 being fixed.

How about you just stop lying to us, period. Fix your damn game. I don't want any new content until the content we have right now actually works. I think a lot of people feel that way, especially since any new content you DO give us will most likely be bugged.

How about you just stop lying to us, period. Fix your damn game. I don't want any new content until the content we have right now actually works. I think a lot of people feel that way, especially since any new content you DO give us will most likely be bugged.

Right, like that new Illum stuff? Yeah, that was totally working fine amirite?

Im pretty sure the wins not counting has to do with ragequitters on the losing team, everytime i get the 120 sec message then it aborts, i never get credit for the win.

has to be said every win i've had tonight has seen that message!

Although last nights didnt....

This is too confusing now!

Hi everyone,

This is a blatant lie. This was in the notes for weeks.