Customer Service not helpful. Gives absolutely wrong answer to my ticket

Banthabreeder

I am so absolutely dumbfounded by this response from Customer Service I don’t know what to say. Here is my original ticket explaining what happened followed by their response.

02/21/2020 – I just deconstructed over 100 Premium Dallorian Researched Components and didn’t get the 100 or so Augmentation Slot Component MK-11s. I did it again to only 1 Premium Dallorian Researched Component and again didn’t receive the 1 Augmentation Slot Component. I tried a stack of 4 Premium Dallorian Researched Components and finally I got 4 Augmentation Slot Components. It showed them in the deconstruction window but never made it to my inventory. I’m due way over 100 of them. What is going on here? That was a lot of mats and money down the drain.

Customer Service response:

Hello Banthabreeder,

My name is Jabrang. Thanks for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team concerning deconstructing item. I’ve replied to your ticket in-game, you’ll find the answer below too.

I realize your concern that you've spent a lot of material on it however I would like to share that it doesn't guarantee you any items back, it's just like sending companions to get craftable items and at times they come empty handed. I would request you to keep de-constructing items to get those materials.

I would request your understanding on this one and apologies for the inconvenience caused. For any further queries with Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, you can always contact us or check our website : https://www.swtor.com/ Should you require further assistance with this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-support.

Once again thank you for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team. We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the survey which will help us to continually improve our support! Survey Link Thank you,

Jabrang

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

“Doesn’t guarantee you any items back” “It’s just like sending companions to get craftable items and at times they come empty handed”

What? Excuse me? Is this a new hidden RNG component to the game I wasn’t aware of? No! That is ******** answer. If I deconstruct something and it shows the deconstructed parts in the window and I hit the OK button I should definitely get those items deposited into my inventory? Not might or might not. Are you kidding me?!?!?!?

This answer is wrong, incorrect and unacceptable. Don’t know if the Customer Support individual is new and doesn't understand how things work but if you deconstruct something and those items show in your deconstructed window, you should receive them in your inventory after clicking the Ok button. Not “maybe or maybe not” you might get them as if its some RNG thing.

They closed the ticket so I’ll have to open a new one and continue to force them to review the records or I’m SOL and I’m out all those mats and money and have to worry about it happening again over and over in the future? Please tell me if you agree or am I’m wrong in this understanding how the game works.

Edited by Banthabreeder

I am so absolutely dumbfounded

. If I deconstruct something and it shows the deconstructed parts in the window and I hit the OK button I should definitely get those items deposited into my inventory? .

Just curious....don't freak out but...Any chance the deconstructed items went into your new 6.0 'materials' tab?

Just curious....don't freak out but...Any chance the deconstructed items went into your new 6.0 'materials' tab?

Good question, but nope. looked there. Looked in my personal inventory. My personal bank. The materials tab. They are non existent. Even when i bring up my companion to craft a Aug Kit, says I have only 42 (equivalent of 4 kits) where I should have over 142.

Good question, but nope. looked there. Looked in my personal inventory. My personal bank. The materials tab. They are non existent. Even when i bring up my companion to craft a Aug Kit, says I have only 42 (equivalent of 4 kits) where I should have over 142.

hmm.... ok couple more questions please if you don't mind.... (answer in PM if you have to)

1. You're not using any game graphics 'mods' , are you?

2. Any chance your inventory was full at capacity 80/80 when you deconstructed?

3. Did you possibly take any screenshots of the 'deconstruct' window , to show the items you thought you would be getting auto-placed into your inventory? Was 'tech fragments' included in them? And if so, did those count/add properly into your 'currency' tab?

4. Have you double-checked yet that you SHOULD be garnering items 100% guaranteed for that specific type of deconstructing circumstance?

Edited by Nee-Elder

hmm.... ok couple more questions please if you don't mind.... (answer in PM if you have to)

1. You're not using any game graphics 'mods' , are you?

2. Any chance your inventory was full at capacity 80/80 when you deconstructed?

3. Did you possibly take any screenshots of the 'deconstruct' window , to show the items you thought you would be getting auto-placed into your inventory? Was 'tech fragments' included in them? And if so, did those count/add properly into your 'currency' tab?

4. Have you double-checked yet that you SHOULD be garnering items 100% guaranteed for that specific type of deconstructing circumstance?

1. Nope, not to my knowledge.

2. Nope, plenty of room.

3. If I test again, i'll take screenshots.

4. I was under the impression that any gear or lvl 11 assembly components you craft always generated a 1:1 ratio of a deconstruction item for an Augmentation Slot Component MK-11 plus a few mats. Don't think you get any tech fragments though. Could be mistaken.

Edited by Banthabreeder

There is a well known and persistent crafting bug where components/attachments and other items "forget" what they are when the server goes into maintenance or major update. You then get cheated of augmentation slot components.

To prevent this, take the stack out of materials inventory and place it in the inventory of your crafter. Then craft one item so it will pop on top of the stack. Then the entire stack will "remember" to drop the desired aug component. Always test one before deconstructing a stack.

Forget CS. All crafters with experience know about this.

Not just crafters. SWTOR's CS are well-known for occasionally erratic or even completely wrong answers. (It's not universal, but it happens a *lot* more than it should.)

especially lately, i think at some point they outsourced it, which is probably why it's gone down hill :(

Not just crafters. SWTOR's CS are well-known for occasionally erratic or even completely wrong answers. (It's not universal, but it happens a *lot* more than it should.)

In fairness, not unique to SWTOR at all. It seems to be nearly universal practice now to outsource to the lowest bidder (random call center in third world country typically).

It sounds like what happened here is the CSR just didn't read carefully the part about them being shown as awarded in the deconstruct window.

Your best bet to avoid getting in trouble is to contact Eric Musco's temp replacement (sorry, name escapes me, posts can be found in Dev Tracker) and see if they can look into it.

In the meantime, you can file a bug report here or in game. See if you can get it to happen again with screenshots and upload them somewhere so the devs can see them, including exact times and character that it occurred on

Edited by MadDutchman

especially lately, i think at some point they outsourced it, which is probably why it's gone down hill :(

Like the rest of the world, businesses outsource to save themselves money and their contract workers typically have no practical experience with the game. BW is no different. The CS employees probably are reading off cue cards for every answer given.

I just experienced this with AT&T for over a week's time trying to get upgraded internet. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing here, and often times it seems the case with the representatives we have to deal with on SWTOR when we have problems with the game.

I never seen a company so disjointed and disorganized as AT&T, it was fricking awful and a large part of that was due to having to go through a poorly ran communications system between customer and company with nothing but outsourced workers who aren't even in the country where the services are being rendered.

Edited by Lhancelot

In my experience it's been incredibly erratic for many years, with helpful responses, irrelevant copypasta responses seemingly prompted by a single keyword and outright nonsensical responses to tickets based largely on luck. My worst example of repeatedly needing to send tickets that all resulted in the most ridiculous and/or irrelevant responses was from 2014, it's really not something new.

One thing I have noticed about deconstructing is if you place the crafted item into the new materials only storage and deconstruct after they go in there, they will behave exactly how you described. In the past when it was RE I would get these same issues if I put them in my legy storage with the same items crafted by other toons and they got combined.

Also some of the components that I craft then put in mats storage no longer give component kits when i take them out and deconstruct. Instead I get Jawa junk back.

Just curious (again) ... but what exactly was the bug with Koth? ( if you're allowed to say)

I had a lvl 50 romanced Koth on my Warrior. I specifically took every choice possible to keep him happy. Prior to starting JUS I gave him a new outfit and was looking forward to seeing his romance scene in Hearts and Minds.

When I clicked start on JUS he got removed from the Main Character section that has available companions like Lana to the Main Character section that has all of the characters like Marr and Acina that can't be summoned. His "interactions" show all of the happy Koth choices I'd made and his romance, except now it lists him as being killed after stealing the Gravestone, which he never stole since he was a happy camper with all of the choices I'd made to keep him happy.

After CS told me they wouldn't/couldn't do diddly to fix the situation, I moved on in JUS and all of the companions I had earlier pulled from the terminal, like Scorpio and Torian also got deactivated and moved down to the other section. I went back to the terminal and was able to pull them back out again (fyi this doesn't work if you lose Quinn or Dorne due to starting JUS. They don't go back on the terminal, you have to ask CS to restore them.) Koth was now available to pull from the terminal with the others, but he still has the "killed" tag so now this character has lost his romance and will get no further Koth interactions.

Story flags being changed to the opposite ARE bugs, and for story players, they are big ones!

especially lately, i think at some point they outsourced it, which is probably why it's gone down hill

Yep, way of the world nowadays, for better or worse .

(full disclosure: i actually got really lucky the other day with 1 CSR that not only typed grammatically correct with English seemingly as his/her 1st-language, but also seemed to truly comprehend the issue & playing of SWTOR . So they do exist. :cool: )

----------

I had a lvl 50 romanced Koth on my Warrior. I specifically took every choice possible to keep him happy. Prior to starting JUS I gave him a new outfit and was looking forward to seeing his romance scene in Hearts and Minds.

When I clicked start on JUS he got removed from the Main Character section that has available companions like Lana to the Main Character section that has all of the characters like Marr and Acina that can't be summoned. His "interactions" show all of the happy Koth choices I'd made and his romance, except now it lists him as being killed after stealing the Gravestone, which he never stole since he was a happy camper with all of the choices I'd made to keep him happy.

After CS told me they wouldn't/couldn't do diddly to fix the situation, I moved on in JUS and all of the companions I had earlier pulled from the terminal, like Scorpio and Torian also got deactivated and moved down to the other section. I went back to the terminal and was able to pull them back out again (fyi this doesn't work if you lose Quinn or Dorne due to starting JUS. They don't go back on the terminal, you have to ask CS to restore them.) Koth was now available to pull from the terminal with the others, but he still has the "killed" tag so now this character has lost his romance and will get no further Koth interactions.

!

ahh ok, well if you haven't already, be sure to goto 'Bug Reports' forums: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417

... and re-post what you just typed (with screenshots links to the 'companions & contacts' listing too, if you can )

Edited by Nee-Elder