So tell me if my summary is close

xordevoreaux

For some ungodly reason I can't download PTS like I have in the past, so I'm stuck learning about 6.0 second-hand here on the forums. Let me know if my impression from what I've read across multiple threads is even close:

• Alacrity threshold is being raised
  • 236 and 240 augs are being nerfed,
  • companion healing down 15%,
  • the stat budget for higher gear doesn't preserve stat percentages as you go up, so you have to juggle more to stay even, but you can't because high crit simultaneously with high alacrity isn't happening,
  • DPS who need to sacrifice a bit of crit for accuracy will be harder hit, and
  • the gear grind just became unfathomly stupid.

And [Edit]: 1.3 GCD is hard to reach if not impossible.

But hey! Good news! We get nautolans, so like I need more toons like I need another hammer taken to my head, I can make nauts!

Edited by xordevoreaux

For some ungodly reason I can't download PTS like I have in the past, so I'm stuck learning about 6.0 second-hand here on the forums. Let me know if my impression from what I've read across multiple threads is even close:

• the stat budget for higher gear doesn't preserve stat percentages as you go up, so you have to juggle more to stay even, but you can't because high crit simultaneously with high alacrity isn't happening,

But hey! Good news! We get nautolans, so like I need more toons like I need another hammer taken to my head, I can make nauts!

Agreed with one question:

Cool downs? Has anyone noticed any difference? By that I mean … it seems like cool downs somewhat interfere ability to hit in the first place.. or is this the direct result of low alacrity threshold . IMO … probably low alacrity. Just need to confirm my thoughts on this !

Agreed with one question:

Cool downs? Has anyone noticed any difference? By that I mean … it seems like cool downs somewhat interfere ability to hit in the first place.. or is this the direct result of low alacrity threshold . IMO … probably low alacrity. Just need to confirm my thoughts on this !

I did read where getting to 1.3 GCD is not easy if at all possible. Left that off, sorry.

Dude *** ? you dont like RNG with your RNG ? here we will add another layer of RNG. Make sur to grind Hammer Station 10 hours a day for 6 month to get BIS....

If I can't heal my tank who's low on health fast enough because I lack the speed to cast the ability before he's dead, no amount of crit for what I couldn't get off in time matters.

Agreed !! None of the fancy stuff will amount to a hill of beans if you can use it !! Speed has ALWAYS been important ! It always will be ! The other items are important make no mistake about it.

Balance in the formula anyone ??

PTS, for this round on PTS you need to transfer a character across first then download, unlike last time when all you needed was to make a character once it was downloaded. I had same issue. If you have transferred a character already then....? sorry don't have a clue.

As for your list? Well

Alacrity, yes it seems to have been raised.

Augs? Depends on what you mean by nerfed. There is a higher tier of Augs if that's what you mean.

Comp healing, Has indeed been reduced on PTS, but am finding this in live at present time as well.

Yes! to your next question.

DPS, not really paid enough attention to Crit vs Accuracy in game, as a solo player guess this is not that much of an issue for me at present time.

Grind! Well this depends on your own attitude to game, I personally don't have an issue with it in any way, clearly as you have read others do.

Nuations? This was a species I was really looking forward too, but watched a youtube video on character creation and well, was a little disappointed. I hoped to be able to make some similar to NPC's in game or like the Star Force comp. But the head was just not available. Still this is a personal thing and you may love what BW has done.

For the healing on Live, make sure the last two healing abilities are turned on. For some reason lately they have been turning off unexpectedly. It also looks like one of them has been changed on Live. Last night Mending (on Kira) had no cooldown (was available again after 9 seconds). Today it has an 11.6 second one like PTS (effectively a 3s longer delay between uses). I'll have to run the Live test again to see if that has the impact I thought it had.

As a healer when you do get to full 306 gear, and using the new Purple Augments (which in phase 1 gave 108 tertiary stats) you'll have a stat pool of 5822. You can get to the 3200ish area for the 1.3 GCD with that, but you will sacrifice a bit of critical for it. If I remember correctly I had somewhere between 33-35% critical on my Sorc in that phase, but my Crit Multiplier was fairly low if I remember correctly.

PTS, for this round on PTS you need to transfer a character across first then download, unlike last time when all you needed was to make a character once it was downloaded. I had same issue. If you have transferred a character already then....? sorry don't have a clue.

I already had 4 toons over there and this week copied a 5th. It downloads 300, starts with 301, dies. I look at task manager, and the launcher is sitting there, 0% cpu, 0% drive, 0% internet, for 30 minutes. I can't even kill the launcher unless I use task manager, so something profoundly wrong is happening and I have no idea what. I even deleted the bitraider folder, that re-downloaded itself, but didn't move the needle at all on getting PTS downloaded.

You sound naive, as though the game devs were supposed to ask strictly what would make YOUR gaming experience better.

A lot of the changes are to be expected, some require adjustments to infuse more time sink, some require adjustments to playstyle and rotations, some cater to new players they hope to gain with the expansion. All in all, the changes are meant to appeal to more than current players, nd if you choose not to understand this, then of course you will find fault with their decisions.

Edited by olagatonjedi

I already had 4 toons over there and this week copied a 5th. It downloads 300, starts with 301, dies. I look at task manager, and the launcher is sitting there, 0% cpu, 0% drive, 0% internet, for 30 minutes. I can't even kill the launcher unless I use task manager, so something profoundly wrong is happening and I have no idea what. I even deleted the bitraider folder, that re-downloaded itself, but didn't move the needle at all on getting PTS downloaded.

So normal game loads ok just not the PTS?

Same issue I had. I too already had characters, still need to do another, At this point if you want to try PTS again do you have anything to lose by transferring another character? Can even be the same character you would just need to rename which does not cost.

Still your choice and sure may not help at all.

So normal game loads ok just not the PTS?

Same issue I had. I too already had characters, still need to do another, At this point if you want to try PTS again do you have anything to lose by transferring another character? Can even be the same character you would just need to rename which does not cost.

Still your choice and sure may not help at all.

Normal game is fine. I can try, but I don't suspect that's actually preventing the download.

You sound naive, as though the game devs were supposed to ask strictly what would make YOUR gaming experience better.

A lot of the changes are to be expected, some require adjustments to infuse more time sink, some require adjustments to playstyle and rotations, some cater to new players they hope to gain with the expansion. All in all, the changes are meant to appeal to more than current players, nd if you choose not to understand this, then of course you will find fault with their decisions.

As the title of the thread indicates, this was a summary, and as my opening comments mentioned, not of my findings, but the findings here on the forum, in other words, other people's findings, since I am unable to get into PTS.

These are the points other people have raised, not I, for I cannot without access to PTS, and was attempting to garner from the community whether this collection of items I found was accurate.

PTS, ...

Augs? Depends on what you mean by nerfed. There is a higher tier of Augs if that's what you mean.

When PTS 2.0 dropped, the 236 and 240 versatile, alacrity, crit, and accuracy augs had their mastery or tertiary stats reduced and power increased. For example, the 240 alacrity augment went from +99 to +58 alacrity and power went from +39 to +80. Endurance was unchanged at +80. I haven't looked at the 236 and 240 shield and absorb augments but I expect they were similarly affected.

Most content is under Level Synch. With Level Synch at 75 the game mostly ignores contributions of mastery, endurance and power from gear when calculating primary stats and power. This makes the 228 and even the older 208 augments much better than 236 and 240 augments, essentially nerfing them. 236 and 240 augments do have some benefit between levels 70 and 72 on Onderon. By level 73, the new augments will be better to slightly better for all content, once they can be crafted that is. Right now, they're blocked by the insane conquest-tied material wall that is the current 6.0 crafting system.

In any case, if the player is concerned most about balancing tertiary stats, the 228s are the best option for now, particularly should the 236s and 240s remain nerfed.